Admin-GUI

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Admin-GUI

Hello, what is the status of an administration GUI?

And what are your opinions about that? Should it be a web application or a java program?

I would like start a GUI based on java. It should use RMI or something like that to communicate with the server.

Well, may be we can create a new sub-forum for enhancements and discussions about that because they are not hacks.

JSF-GUI?

Good idea to start a new forum for admin-gui stuff or admin stuff in general.

what do you think about a jsf gui?

Comment

My favorite is a webbased gui with an easy way to create users, rights management and cyrus admin integrated.
      maybe someone knows Xen's ox admin tool.

Comment

Originally posted by neo View Post
        Hello, what is the status of an administration GUI?
        It is being developed at the moment and I guess a first unstable version will be available from CVS in a few weeks. Feel free to submit your contributions then.

First version will allow to manage users and groups, monitor the server, do basic configuration and some things more.

René

Comment

Originally posted by Rene Stach View Post
          It is being developed at the moment and I guess a first unstable version will be available from CVS in a few weeks. Feel free to submit your contributions then.

First version will allow to manage users and groups, monitor the server, do basic configuration and some things more.

René
          thanks for the information, so I'll wait for the first preview.

Comment

Gui management

Hello

What's the status of the GUI management tool?

Could we test the interface?

Thanks
            Last edited by Guest; 06-12-2007, 03:16 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by lazaro View Post
              What's the status of the GUI management tool?

Could we test the interface?
              The administration interface is doing quite well. Thanks for asking ;-)

It is currently under development and will soon hit beta status. As soon as we have a stable beta, we will give you the opportunity to test this.

René

Comment

The administration interface is doing quite well. Thanks for asking ;-)

It is currently under development and will soon hit beta status. As soon as we have a stable beta, we will give you the opportunity to test this.

René
                So it could be the time to release a new VM when it is available and some sort of stable.........

Greetz

Comment

So it could be the time to release a new VM when it is available and some sort of stable.........
                  Wait and see. :-)

René

Comment

Wait and see. :-)
                    I think it is not necessary to wait any longer. A quick look at the OX homepage shows that we have just released a beta of Open-Xchange Express Edition and anyone is invited to register for the beta (seats are limited). Open-Xchange Express Edition is easy to install and is shipped with the new admin GUI.

René

Comment

Admin-gui

Is the gui admin available in the comunity edition?

I think it is not necessary to wait any longer. A quick look at the OX homepage shows that we have just released a beta of Open-Xchange Express Edition and anyone is invited to register for the beta (seats are limited). Open-Xchange Express Edition is easy to install and is shipped with the new admin GUI.

René

Comment

Admin gui

Is the admin gui accesible in the cvs version??

Comment

AFAIK not at this time - if you like read the other posts regarding this.

Daniel

Comment

René
                            Ok, thanks a lot.....
                            Hmm, I tried to register for the beta but got an error that my mail address is wrong...

Comment

Ok, thanks a lot.....
                              Hmm, I tried to register for the beta but got an error that my mail address is wrong...
                              I needed to register twice as well, because some information about insufficient information about target environment.
                              My second application looks like exectly the same and it got approved...

Anyway it looks like good as far as I can see yet.

Comment

Working...
                              X