Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Backup/Restore only acount and emails

Hello,
    I have an existant OpenXchange Express installation with 40 acounts, and i set up another server using OpenXchange Community Installer, now, I want just to backup Acount and Emails from the EE server and restore them to my new server. It is possible to do it?
    I tryied the backup/restore mecanism, but it's overwrite all configuration etc...

Hello again

i just backup/restore my acounts and emails just with executing 4 commands on each server (restore on the first one and backup on the second)
    1) backup the database
    2) copying /var/spool
    3) copying /home
    4) copying /var/lib/cyrus

It's works fine (at the time i wrote this post), hope it will keep working
    if someone find that i made some error or i forget to do something else please let me know.

Thank you

Comment

Hi,
      you may also want to backup the groupware configuration at /opt/open-xchange/etc/ and the OX filestorage at /var/opt/filespool

Greetings

Comment

Thank you,
        but i have one big problem now, when i send message using outlook or ox webmail it's seems to be sent, but nothing new in the Inbox!! i have only the old emails backed up from the old server
        PS: the old server was based on the EE/Community ISO installer, and the new one installed using the community installer (ubuntu 8.04)
        Any idea why?

Comment

Strange, did you change the hostname of the server? Maybe there is some conflicting configuration - please have a look at /var/log/mail.*

Greetings

Comment

Hi,

Nothing strange on the mail log. The only difference between the 2 server was the IP address and the Hostname, and i made the changes on the /etc/hosts file to suit the new configuration of IP.
            And as i said before, the first server (frem where i took the backup) is installed with EE/Community ISO installer and the new one is installed on a clean ubuntu 8.04 installation using Community Installer.
            PS: I dont have spamassassin and clamav in the new server. (not the case of the old one)

Thanks.

Comment

Hi,

are you able to provide logfiles of a mail traveling from one user to another? Normally problems or stuck mails can be found out by analyzing the logs or running the "postqueue" command.

Comment

Working...
              X