Cannot edit date of an appointment; cannot delete notes of appointment

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cannot edit date of an appointment; cannot delete notes of appointment

I already filed this as a bug report but since there is no feedback and I would really like to have a solution for the problem I post it here to:

I entered a birthday as an appointment. Changes of the date of this birthday are not saved by OX. It is also not possible to delete notes that were made for the appointment. Changes of the title, tags or status are saved.

Similar behavoir with tasks - I cannot delete the dates for begining and due when they were set once.

I use OX Build: 6.4.2-0 Community Edition but could reproduce the bug at the
    german OX demo site.

Client OS:
    Windows XP

Client:
    Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; de; rv:1.8.1.14) Gecko/20080404
    Firefox/2.0.0.14

Reproducible:
    Always

Steps to Reproduce:
    1. Create an appointment of date 14.04.1950 - whole day event
    2. Set yearly reoccurence
    3. add title and some notes
    4. Save the appointment
    5. Open the appointment for editing
    6. Delete notes and change date (e.g. 14.04.1969)
    7. Press save
    8. Open appointment

Actual Results:
    Changes to date were not saved, notes are still there

Expected Results:
    Date should be changed and notes should be deleted

Does anybody have a workaround for this - except from deleting and new input?

Hi,

modifying the start date of a recurrence is not possible at the moment, it looks like this will be possible with the next major release. You're able to create exceptions of a recurring appointment, for example moving one occurrence forth and back, but not the initial start date.

The issue with notes at recurring appointments is truly valid, thanks for reporting this! A temproary workaround may be to enter a single whitespace to the comments field rather than deleting the comment.

Greetings
    Last edited by Martin Heiland; 05-21-2008, 11:13 AM.

Comment

Thanks for the quick reply. I think in the future I will post things that I believe to be bugs in the forum first.

Comment

Working...
      X