Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Import contacts from outlook

Hi,

I do have a problem importing Contacts from MS Outlook (2000 as well as 2003).
    I do have German Outlook.

I create a CSV File of my contact data in outlook and choose to import a csv in outlook format within OX.

First Time I got problems with the Birthday and the Anniversary field and nothing would be imported.
    So I choose them not to be exported in outlook.

This time I got some entries imported, but for example the email was not imported.
    I do have the following fields related to eMail within the CSV:

Angezeigter Name, E-Mail n
    Adresse, E-Mail n
    Type, E-Mail n

with n from 1 to 3.

Probably, I have to change these field names - but into what?

Thanks

Dirk

OK - I've found the OutlookCSV Format description - and it fits my data.
    But why is the E-Mail field not imported?

Ciao

Dirk

Comment

Hi,

are there maybe more than one e-mail addresses or any "special" think like a empty e-mail address field?

Greetings

Comment

Originally posted by Martin Braun View Post
        are there maybe more than one e-mail addresses or any "special" think like a empty e-mail address field?
        Within this set of contacts I try to import for test reasons, not all of the entries do have an e-mail address, but non of them does have more than one.

Within the "real" data, there will be some entries with more than one address...

During the import, I get the following error message:
        Error code: Could not find the following fields [Position, Straße geschäftlich 2, Straße geschäftlich 3, Straße privat 2, Straße privat 3, Weitere Strafle 2, Weitere Straße 3, Benutzer 1, Benutzer 2, Benutzer 3, Benutzer 4, Büro, E-Mail-Adresse, E-Mail-Typ, E-Mail: Angezeigter Name, E-Mail 2: Typ, E-Mail 2: Angezeigter Name, E-Mail 3: Adresse, E-Mail 3: Typ, E-Mail 3: Angezeigter Name, Empfohlen von, Geschlecht, Hobby, Initialen, Internet-Frei/Gebucht, Konto, Ort, Postfach geschäftlich, Postfach privat, Priorität, Privat, Regierungs-Nr., Reisekilometer, Sprache, Stichwörter, Verzeichnisserver, Weiteres Postfach] (I_E-0803,-297405692-97)

Thanks

Dirk

Comment

I set up a test entry at Outlook and filled all 3 e-mail addresses.

The first and the third are ignored during the import - the 2nd one is imported as "private" e-mail address...

Ciao

Dirk

Comment

Finally, I think I found an error in "GermanOutlookMapper.java"
            The Field which will be stored into "ContactField.EMAIL1" is named "Abrechnungsinformationen" - but shouldn't be "E-Mail-Adresse"?

But even if I change the .CSV File so there is "Abrechnungsinformationen" instead of "E-Mail-Adresse", the import goes wrong...

And "E-Mail 3: Adresse " (shouldn't this be "E-Mail 3: Adresse" without a space?) seems to be correct - but not imported...

strange...

DIrk

Comment

And another try ;-)

If I rename the Fields "E-Mail-Adresse" and "E-Mail 3: Adresse" into "Abrechnungsinformationen" and "E-Mail 3: Adresse ", the import is not successfully and I get the message
              "Error code: Could not find the following fields:[Abrechnungsinformationen,E-Mail 3: Adresse ] (I_E-0803,-297405692-330)"

But if I rename the E-Mail address fields in e.g. "Telex" and "Name Assistent", the addresses are imported and shown on the 3rd Page of the contacs information...

Could please someone help me out? I am driving nuts with this

Dirk

Comment

Am I in the wrong forum with my question?
                Or is this an unusual problem?
                Or one, which is allready solved and put into FAQ?
                - but I didn't found it...

Thanks

Dirk

Comment

confirmation for behaviour

Hi forum, hi diwa,

i can confirm this behaviour.
                  I am using Outlook 2003 german.
                  Exporting the contacts to csv (windows) and importing the csv in OX results in this problem:

Only "Email 2" is imported as "private mail".
                  Email 1 and Email 3 are ignored.

The csv contains the following mail fields in the first line:
                  Code:
                  "E-Mail-Adresse","E-Mail-Typ","E-Mail: Angezeigter Name","E-Mail 2: Adresse","E-Mail 2: Typ","E-Mail 2: Angezeigter Name","E-Mail 3: Adresse","E-Mail 3: Typ","E-Mail 3: Angezeigter Name"
                  Find the full first line attached.

I also tried to rename the fields like in http://www.open-xchange.com/wiki/ind....22contacts.22 but had no luck

Any ideas?

wengi
                  Attached Files

Comment

I am not German, but I did figure out the easiest way I could import my outlook contacts was to save them as CVS and then just write a PHP script that created a vcard file with all the contacts in it. You'll have to compensate for the locations of items in each row but here's the code I wrote.

Code:
                    //this will take a comma separated file and create a vcf file.
                    $username="user";  //this is used to name the file that is created.
                    $filename="user.csv";  //this is the comma separated file you are getting contacts from
                    $fp = fopen($filename,"r");
                    if($fp)
                    {
                    $i=0;
                    while(!feof($fp))
                            {
                            //use this line for outlook
                            //list($first,$last,$email,$comp,$title,$street,$city,$state,$zip,$ctry,$bizph,$ph,$cell,$fax,$note)=explode(",",fgets($fp)); //gets data until linebreak and splits it on ,
                            //use this line for webmail
                            list($short,$first,$last,$email,$note)=explode(",",fgets($fp)); //gets data until linebreak and splits it on ,
                            $ctc[$i][0]=sprintf("N:%s;%s",ucwords(trim($last)),ucwords(trim($first)));
                            $ctc[$i][1]=sprintf("FN:%s %s",ucwords(trim($first)),ucwords(trim($last)));
                            $ctc[$i][2]=sprintf("ORG:%s",ucwords(trim($comp)));
                            $ctc[$i][3]=sprintf("TITLE:%s",ucwords(trim($title)));
                            $ctc[$i][4]=sprintf("TEL;WORK;VOICE:%s",trim($bizph));
                            $ctc[$i][5]=sprintf("TEL;HOME;VOICE:%s",trim($ph));
                            $ctc[$i][6]=sprintf("TEL;CELL;VOICE:%s",trim($cell));
                            $ctc[$i][7]=sprintf("TEL;WORK;FAX:%s",trim($fax));
                            $ctc[$i][8]=sprintf("ADR;WORK:;;%s;%s;%s;%s;%s",ucwords(trim($street)),ucwords(trim($city)),ucwords(trim($state)),$zip,ucwords(trim($ctry)));
                            $ctc[$i][9]=sprintf("EMAIL;PREF;INTERNET:%s",strtolower(trim($email)));
                            $ctc[$i][10]=sprintf("NOTE:%s",trim($note));
                            $i++;
                            }
                    header("Content-type: text/directory");
                    header("Content-Disposition: attachment; filename=".$username."_contacts.vcf");
                    header("Pragma: public");
                    for($i=0;$i<count($ctc);$i++)
                            {
                            printf("BEGIN:VCARD\n");
                            printf("VERSION:2.1\n");
                            foreach($ctc[$i] as $v)
                                    {
                                    printf("%s\n",$v);
                                    }
                            printf("END:VCARD\n");
                            }
                    }
                    Last edited by Guest; 12-01-2008, 05:18 PM. Reason: copied from terminal which didn't show full lines.

Comment

Working...
                    X