Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Open-Xchange Express/Community Edition – VMWare Image - forced signature

Hi
    I have downloaded and successfully got the Open-Xchange Express/Community Edition VMWare Image version running. The package looks great. Is it possible to remove the forced signature with the advertising on it on outgoing email?
    Thanks.

Of course - simply buy the product.

Daniel

Comment

Hi

I am grateful for the reply.

Having given it some thought, I think that a "Community Edition" should probably not contain such overt advertising. I am all for making a living from one's work, but anything containing such "in your face" advertising should really be labelled "Evaluation Edition" or "Demo Edition".

Or how about this for a compromise: keep the forced signature advertising, but allow the user to kill it after 30 days. That way everyone they are likely to email in the forseeable future will have got the advert, and you can still label it a "Community Edition".

What do you think?

James.

P.S. Just so that you know, I work for an IT firm, and we are looking at several products such as OpenXchange, and at the moment it looks like we shall be adopting it for rolling out to our clients later this year. However, I simply wished to register my thoughts on "Community Editions"!

Comment

Hi,

the CD Image + autoconfiguration is part of the product "Express Edition" - it comes with that forced signature and can be seen as a trial of the product. Express Edition and the Community Edition share the same code base, except the integration with a pre-packed Ubuntu installation image and support/update offerings on a commercial basis. So you're free to get the source code, build it, install it and use it without any other restrictions than the GPLv2 (Server) and CreativeCommons (GUI) licenses. This way it does not contain any form of forced signature. The signature is just a special configuration on the install CD, not part of the sourcecode.

Hopes that shed some light

Comment

Working...
        X