Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Creating new user

Hi,

if I am creating a new user at the ox administration, this user is created for OX and an IMAP folder is created as well.

Do I need to create a linux user with the same credentials also?
    I had some trouble recieving mail, as long, as I didn't create the linux user.

I am using the latest ox and openSUSE 10.3 with all updates...

thanks

Dirk

Hi Dirk,

i guess those local user problems are related to the mailserver configuration - it's not OX specific. It's even possible to use a entirely external mailserver without any other access than imap and smtp to get mail working perfectly, for me we don't need a system user at all (would be terrible btw.)

Greetings

Comment

Originally posted by Martin Braun View Post
      i guess those local user problems are related to the mailserver configuration - it's not OX specific.
      So I have to found the reason for that somewhere in my postfix / fetchmail / cyrus config...

It's even possible to use a entirely external mailserver without any other access than imap and smtp to get mail working perfectly
      I searched the WIKI, but I didn't found that scenario - which would be fine for me, since the mail is "awaiting" at IMAP-Accounts at our Provider anyway...

Ciao

Dirk

Comment

Hi,

the scenario without a local mail or smtp server is a combination of the commandline tools "createuser" with the flags --dbonly (create the user only at the DB) and --imapserver and --smtpserver as well as --imapLogin if it differs from the username.

Just for Information

Comment

the scenario without a local mail or smtp server is a combination of the commandline tools "createuser" with the flags --dbonly (create the user only at the DB) and --imapserver and --smtpserver as well as --imapLogin if it differs from the username.
          Thanks - with "--imaplogin" the script was working ;-)

But if I log in as the new user, I get the following errorcode, if I try to open mail:
          Error Code: Unkown IMAP server: * OK Merak 8.9.1 IMAP4rev1 Wed, 11 June 2008

I know, the mailserver on the other end is a Merak Mailserver. So at least, it could be contacted, but something went wrong then...

Ciao

dirk

Comment

And another thing:
            Where do I store the password for the imap server? Or has this to be the same as the login password for the ox-server?

Thanks

dIrk

Comment

Originally posted by diwa View Post
              And another thing:
              Where do I store the password for the imap server? Or has this to be the same as the login password for the ox-server?

OK, found the answer for this in the forum ;-)

Ciao

dirk

Comment

Originally posted by diwa View Post
                OK, found the answer for this in the forum ;-)
                Hi,
                please give us a link to the thread or post the answer in here.

Thanks
                Raphael

Comment

Originally posted by Raphael View Post
                  Hi,
                  please give us a link to the thread or post the answer in here.
                  Sorry, I forgot this since I had so many search windows open ;-)

The short answer is: The password is the same which you use for loging into the OX-server.

http://www.open-xchange.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1397
                  Martins first post there...

Ciao

dirk

Comment

Thanks, Dirk!

Comment

Working...
                    X