Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unable to use web interface...

Hi,

I am sorry if this is a lame question or if it is answered elsewhere in the forums. I did search these for a full morning and came up with nothing.

I have an Open-Xchange Community Edition installation up and running, with no errors in the logs and able to login to the admin interface, create users, etc. No problems there. I am also able to access the IMAP server with an IMAP client (Thunderbird) from another machine, no problem there either.

But I cannot login using the web interface. When I try, the progress bar reaches 90% and then the browser pops up the following message: "Configuration damaged, please inform the administrator."

What can be causing this? As I said, I found nothing about this error in this forum and in the internets.

Any help would be very very appreciated.

Thanks

Hi,

two options:
    1) Set the Loglevel to ALL (/opt/open-xchange/etc/groupware/file-logging.properties) and restart the server, this should output some more detailed error.

2) Create a new user and try to login

Comment

Log...

Hi Martin,

Thank you! I did it and now there is a LOT of info in the log, including two SEVERE blocks:

Code:
      Jul 18, 2008 1:16:43 PM com.openexchange.ajax.AJAXServlet service
      SEVERE: class "javax.mail.QuotaAwareStore"'s signer information does not match signer information of other classes in the same package
      java.lang.SecurityException: class "javax.mail.QuotaAwareStore"'s signer information does not match signer information of other classes in the same package
      	at java.lang.ClassLoader.checkCerts(ClassLoader.java:775)
      	at java.lang.ClassLoader.preDefineClass(ClassLoader.java:487)
      	at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass(ClassLoader.java:614)
      	at java.security.SecureClassLoader.defineClass(SecureClassLoader.java:124)
      	at java.net.URLClassLoader.defineClass(URLClassLoader.java:260)
      	at java.net.URLClassLoader.access$100(URLClassLoader.java:56)
      	at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(URLClassLoader.java:195)
      	at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
      	at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(URLClassLoader.java:188)
      	at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:306)
      	at sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader.loadClass(Launcher.java:268)
      	at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:251)
      	at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClassInternal(ClassLoader.java:319)
      	at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass1(Native Method)
      	at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass(ClassLoader.java:620)
      	at java.security.SecureClassLoader.defineClass(SecureClassLoader.java:124)
      	at java.net.URLClassLoader.defineClass(URLClassLoader.java:260)
      	at java.net.URLClassLoader.access$100(URLClassLoader.java:56)
      	at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(URLClassLoader.java:195)
      	at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
      	at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(URLClassLoader.java:188)
      	at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:306)
      	at sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader.loadClass(Launcher.java:268)
      	at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:251)
      	at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClassInternal(ClassLoader.java:319)
      	at com.openexchange.groupware.settings.ConfigTree$17.getValue(ConfigTree.java:674)
      	at com.openexchange.groupware.settings.RdbSettingStorage.readSharedValue(RdbSettingStorage.java:219)
      	at com.openexchange.groupware.settings.RdbSettingStorage.readValues(RdbSettingStorage.java:178)
      	at com.openexchange.groupware.settings.RdbSettingStorage.readSubValues(RdbSettingStorage.java:275)
      	at com.openexchange.groupware.settings.RdbSettingStorage.readValues(RdbSettingStorage.java:174)
      	at com.openexchange.groupware.settings.RdbSettingStorage.readSubValues(RdbSettingStorage.java:275)
      	at com.openexchange.groupware.settings.RdbSettingStorage.readValues(RdbSettingStorage.java:174)
      	at com.openexchange.ajax.ConfigMenu.doGet(ConfigMenu.java:121)
      	at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:740)
      	at com.openexchange.ajax.AJAXServlet.service(AJAXServlet.java:399)
      	at com.openexchange.ajax.SessionServlet.service(SessionServlet.java:138)
      	at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:853)
      	at com.openexchange.tools.ajp13.AJPv13Request.response(AJPv13Request.java:92)
      	at com.openexchange.tools.ajp13.AJPv13RequestHandler.createResponse(AJPv13RequestHandler.java:363)
      	at com.openexchange.tools.ajp13.AJPv13Connection.createResponse(AJPv13Connection.java:168)
      	at com.openexchange.tools.ajp13.AJPv13Listener.run(AJPv13Listener.java:245)
      	at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:595)
      and after some more items:

Code:
      Jul 18, 2008 1:16:43 PM com.openexchange.tools.Logging log
      SEVERE: SVL-0002 Category=8 Message=Exception while parsing JSON: "invalid value in attribute 'id' value 'null'". exceptionID=-844909169-9
      SVL-0002 Category=8 Message=Exception while parsing JSON: "invalid value in attribute 'id' value 'null'". exceptionID=-844909169-9
      	at com.openexchange.ajax.parser.DataParser.checkInt(DataParser.java:253)
      	at com.openexchange.ajax.request.ContactRequest.actionGet(ContactRequest.java:362)
      	at com.openexchange.ajax.request.ContactRequest.action(ContactRequest.java:130)
      	at com.openexchange.ajax.Contact.doGet(Contact.java:153)
      	at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:740)
      	at com.openexchange.ajax.AJAXServlet.service(AJAXServlet.java:399)
      	at com.openexchange.ajax.SessionServlet.service(SessionServlet.java:138)
      	at com.openexchange.ajax.PermissionServlet.service(PermissionServlet.java:86)
      	at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:853)
      	at com.openexchange.tools.ajp13.AJPv13Request.response(AJPv13Request.java:92)
      	at com.openexchange.tools.ajp13.AJPv13RequestHandler.createResponse(AJPv13RequestHandler.java:363)
      	at com.openexchange.tools.ajp13.AJPv13Connection.createResponse(AJPv13Connection.java:168)
      	at com.openexchange.tools.ajp13.AJPv13Listener.run(AJPv13Listener.java:245)
      	at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:595)
      Is there anything in here that might help??

Thank you very much

Comment

Could it be that you have installed the groupware multiple time? The first issue looks like there are multiple .jar files providing the same classes but with different services. The second error looks like either the UI has not been updated to the same version as the server and/or the browsers cache holds old UI data.
        If you're able to use the admin GUI, i guess you're using a 6.4.2 server and Admin GUI but a 6.5 Groupware GUI, this will fail.

Greetings
        Last edited by Martin Heiland; 07-18-2008, 02:17 PM.

Comment

It works!

Martin,

Thank you for your help. I installed again from scratch and it works! I had to fine-tune some things, but it is working now. My users are thrilled to finally have a better "exchange"...

I have a small problem pending though. I am almost sure it is postfix-related, but maybe someone here can put me in the right path: some servers I can't send mail to. The log shows something like

Code:
          ... status=deferred (conversation with someserver.domedomain.com[100.100.100.100] timed out while receiving the initial server greeting)
          I did mess arround with the mtu on the interface... no luck. My domain isn't listed in any RBL that I know (I used www.mxtoolbox.com). I can telnet to the servers in question from the server, send ehlo and quit, no problem.

Can poor connectivity cause this? Maybe amavis is to blame? Any further help would be most welcome...

Thank you

Comment

Solved!

I solved it!! Searching the internets I found a post by someone that had the same problem behind a Zyxel firewall... I have one of those (Zywall 5).

Upgraded the firmware, and now it works like a charm.

Anyone having problems with postfix behind a zyxel firewall / router, be advised... update your firmware.

Thanks. Open-Xchange is a wonderful product, and after the installation hurdles (imho natural for such a complex and feature-full product), it really shines.

Comment

webinterface does not start

Originally posted by pedroacp View Post
              Martin,

Thank you for your help. I installed again from scratch and it works! I had to fine-tune some things, but it is working now. My users are thrilled to finally have a better "exchange"...

I have a small problem pending though. I am almost sure it is postfix-related, but maybe someone here can put me in the right path: some servers I can't send mail to. The log shows something like

Code:
              ... status=deferred (conversation with someserver.domedomain.com[100.100.100.100] timed out while receiving the initial server greeting)
              I did mess arround with the mtu on the interface... no luck. My domain isn't listed in any RBL that I know (I used www.mxtoolbox.com). I can telnet to the servers in question from the server, send ehlo and quit, no problem.

Can poor connectivity cause this? Maybe amavis is to blame? Any further help would be most welcome...

Thank you

I have the same Problem that the Browsers stuck at 90%. I have installed several times under Debian 4.0 usng the Debian - Howto.
              I actually was glad to find one answer that someone solved the problem, but the solution is not quite clear in your post.
              So, what are the thing that you "fine-tune"?

Regards

Comment

Simple fix really.. I was having the same problem.

cd /opt/open-xchange/lib
                mv mail.jar mail.jar.bak
                cp mailapi_1_3_1.jar mail.jar
                /etc/init.d/open-xchange-groupware restart

Comment

Working...
                X