New Install Questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Install Questions

First off, very nice piece of software. After researching for a few weeks I choose OX.

I do have a few questions, but first some background.

I followed the Ubuntu Install Guide you provide to install OX via apt-get and it is running fine, it can be accessed via the browser.

Now I am getting ready to install the mail servers, i am going to use this how-to that you provided: http://typo3.open-xchange.com/wiki/i...e_Installation

but i noticed that this how-to is mainly for compiling the source of OX, but i should be able to use just the sections that i need to get mail up and going, right?

If you can can you please point out what sections i need to follow to finish the install?
    Now as I stated above, OX is installed and accessible, I just dont have mail servers configured, i installed the mail servers after the OX install.

This is what is installed as of this moment:
    sudo aptitude install apache2 sun-java5-jre mysql-server mysql-client-5.0 \
    open-xchange open-xchange-admin-plugin-hosting open-xchange-charset \
    open-xchange-authentication-database open-xchange-configjump-generic \
    open-xchange-control open-xchange-i18n open-xchange-spamhandler-default \
    open-xchange-imap open-xchange-smtp open-xchange-jcharset open-xchange-gui \
    open-xchange-push-udp open-xchange-sessiond open-xchange-mailfilter \
    open-xchange-admin-soap open-xchange-axis2 open-xchange-group-managerequest \
    open-xchange-settings-extensions open-xchange-resource-managerequest

Then I installed: Cyrus2.2, postfix, gettext, cvs, ant.

but I have not configured cyrus or postfix yet, I noticed there is alot of other items in the how-to but I am wondering if all i need to do is to configure the mail servers?

I have also noticed that no admin gui is installed, I have even looked in /var/www/ox6 but there in no file or directory with admin name. I guess I need a little help here to.

Would it just be easier to uninstall everything and go with the compile how-to?

Oh yeah, I am going to be hosting 2 sites on this same server along with OX with a context for each site and I also use ISPConfig because I have a small business, a non profit and mom has a cleaning business so that is 3 sites with 2 more sites for sisters comming soon and we all are going to use ox.

Thanks for any help,
    Joseph

EDIT --- Well I found out that the Ubuntu how-to is if you have a running web server and a running mail server and you just want to add OX to enhance your system.
    Last edited by Guest; 07-19-2008, 10:12 PM. Reason: Found some answers

Hi,

well, you don't need to follow the mailserver guide at the cvs guide, Open-Xchange does not need any modifications at a default mail server (smtp/imap). You just have to get the mailserver up and running, create mailboxes on it and add them to the OX user configuration via the changeuser command line tool (--imapserver --imaplogin --smtpserver). Should be a piece of cake once the mailserver is running.

Greetings

Comment

Thanks for the speedy reply. I will give it a shot.
      Just one more question: In a few days (waiting for my 2 new rackmount servers to come in, using my old ones to test and learn ox) i will be setting up my 2 new servers with ubuntu lamps setup and ISPConfig, then I am going to add OX groupware and I also want the Admin gui also. Will OX have any problems sharing the apache server with my 2 sites and a few family web sites? will it get along with ISPConfig?

Thanks

Comment

will not find server to download open-xchange

$ sudo vim /etc/apt/sources.list

[...]
        deb http://download.opensuse.org/reposit.../xUbuntu_8.04/ /

please help

Running xUbuntu_8.04 server new install, I have edited the file but it will not retrieve the open-xchange files.

Comment

I followed the Ubuntu Guide listed under tutorials and how to's on the wiki.
          below is the repository I used for Ubuntu.

deb http://download.opensuse.org/reposit.../xUbuntu_8.04/ /

There are a number of how to's for the most poular Linux flavors.

Oh yeah, did you run
          apt-get update
          after adding the repo to sources.list?
          Last edited by Guest; 07-25-2008, 06:11 PM.

Comment

Working...
          X