X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to create fastgui?

Hi
    everybody!
    i have seen a fastgui command in global.js, but it has been commented out. i think it's to solve the slow problem when the client first login to the system. would you please let us know how to realize the fastgui function?
    Thanks

Hi,

you can be sure, if this function would lead to a faster UI it would be activated by default... we don't have any interest in slowing down the loading times. Those loading times are caused by the browser, the network bandwidth and the Apache configuration.

Greetings

Comment

hi Martin Braun :
      yes i sure.
      source in global.js cvn version "6.4.2"
      /*(new JSON()).get(AjaxRoot + "/config/fastgui?session=" + session, null,tmpJoin.add(function(obj) {
      if(!config) { config = new Object(); }
      if (obj) {
      config.fastgui = obj.data;
      }
      }));*/

The first time when i login to the system, it stoped at 20%, which lasted more than two or three minutes.would you kindly let us know how to improve the apache function,please?
      Thanks very much!

Comment

Hi,

stopping for several minutes is not normal, even on very slow clients - is there any error message at /var/log/open-xchange/open-xchange.log.0 ?

Greetings

Comment

Uh, several minutes!?!? Usually if you use FF3 and if you have a 'normal' connection to the server it should not least longer than 5-10 seconds to login to the UI. IE6 would last a bit longer, but in no way several minutes!! So I assume there's something totally wrong either with your server performance/configuration or the connection to the server.

You should enable mod_deflate and mod_expire within apache. This will compress all files send to the client and trigger the caching mode, especially when using IE6 its a big effort! You should always get the newest version of you browser, e.g. IE7 or FF3. You may also check the server performance, high load, networks problems, slow hard disk, i/o problems and so on.

The fastgui function you mentioned has nothing to do with 'performance'. It's a configuration parameter within the user object.

Comment

Working...
          X