Homepage | Products | OX Knowledge Base | Support | Try Now | Contact | Company
OX Logo
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Anatta Guest

Default user.passwordchange and group plugins

I am sorry if this topic has already been covered, but I cannot find a conclusive answer anywhere within the forum nor the documentation.

How can I enable these two plugins in Build 6601? I can see that they exist in the /var/www/ox6/plugins folder, but I cannot find anything in web GUI that uses their functionality.

I would have expected the user.passwordchange to show under Settings --> User, but I can only see the "Personal Details" option. Where should I expect to see the group plugin?

Is there anything I need to change in my configuration to enable these plugins? My installation was upgraded from Martin's community installer for SP3 following his instructions in the forum.

Many thanks

Anatta Guest

Default Suggestions??

Am I wrong in thinking that these plugins allow users to change their own passwords and to manage groups through the GUI?

Anatta Guest

Default Please help

Surely someone knows what these plugins are for, and how they are used? I know that you are trying hard to build your community, and I can see that the level of documentation and support has increased tremendously over the past few months, however, your forum seems dependent on one person (Martin) to provide 95% of the answers!! Until the developers and power users take an active part in help new adopters use their product, it is unlikely that your community growth will accelerate.

You product is superior to your competitors (Zimbra, Scalix, Zarafa etc.), yet your community lags way behind.

Please someone prove me wrong and help me out!!

Many thanks!

Hi,

sorry for not providing a answer, the ox team is currently very very busy to fix up and release the final Version of OX6 so there is no 100% forum coverage at the moment.
    About your question: The passwordchange plugin is intended to let a user change his/her password via the groupware web interface, but currently it's not packaged/available (as i said, very busy at the moment). The group and resource plugin is intended to manage usergroups and resources via the groupware web interface - but only for privileged users. This privileges can be granted to a user by using the "changeuser" command line tool with the --access-edit-group --access-edit-resource switches. Note that this contains partly administrative operations so it should not be possible to any user. Granting the permission to access those functionality will automatically enable the plugin for the specified user at the user interface.

Well and about the comparison to other related software projects... we're aware that Zimbra has a gazillion of forum members and great press but when taking a look at the discussions there, most of them are non-technical or on a pretty entry-level. No offense to those users, i respect them but it seems that many support issues are discussed there that belong to customer<->customer service discussions. It's true that those other projects have a more viable community by counted users but everybody here has the possibility to help building one where 95% of the answers are not provided by the core development team. This needs some "ignition" because i think the developers and the guys next to them know best about the software and need to transport their knowledge to the public to enable others to support users or start using and extending the software.

Greetings
    Last edited by Martin Heiland; 08-19-2008 at 09:40 AM.

Carsten Hoeger is offline Open-Xchange Professional Services

Default passwordchange available now

passwordchange packages are out now, btw.

Anatta Guest

Default Many Thanks

Many thanks for your responses. I have to agree Martin that the quality of discussion is much richer in these forums. I'm just updating my packages and will try the password packages and report back...

Anatta Guest

Default Can't find group or change password

I have granted the oxadmin user and another admin user --access-edit-group --access-edit-resource privileges, but I still cannot see where I can edit groups. I have also installed the changepassword packages but am not seeing a change password option.

What am I missing? Again, I've tried to find the answers myself - but it is unclear to me where I can learn more, or indeed if any documentation even exists for these plugins.

Thanks once again for your help and patience.
    Last edited by Anatta; 08-20-2008 at 10:11 AM.

Hi,

what does the "Configuration" area of the groupware ui show?
    There should be a new subfolder "Administration" now.

Greetings

Anatta Guest

Default No Administration Option

The configuration menu looks exactly as it did before. There is no option for Administration. I have all of the packages quoted in http://www.open-xchange.com/wiki/ind...dition_Debian4 installed. Is there anything else that I am missing?

Anatta Guest

Default Any suggestions?

Any suggestions as to why I cannot see the group or change password options in the Configuration area? I am running the latest build 6602. I know that you are busy - does any documentation for these plugins exist so that I can ty to solve the problem by myself? (I have looked, but I cannot find any).