Open-Xchange Install Docs.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Open-Xchange Install Docs.

What Happend to the documents that allow people to choose more then one distro to install on? I don't think that its right for you to support one distro. Its called open-xchange not ubuntu-xchange. If anything allowing users to choose is whats best not what you tell users to what to choose. What gets me is that open-xchange is most likey going to be used in a business situation and most bushinesses use Red Hat not ubuntu. So if you are going to choose a distro that is most commonly used and that makes sense. Choose one that will be used in a business environment.

There is no officialy installation instruction for RedHat at the moment. The documentation is focused on debian/ubuntu because that are common used distributions in the community. So Community Edition on Community Distributions that are free of charge for the user - this makes sense, doesn't it?. In the past many community users complained that there is too much focus to the commercial distributions of Novell and Redhat. Nobody forbids someone to write or extend the documentation to install Hyperion on RHEL or SLES - you are very welcome to do so because a community works in two directions, its about sharing.
    There are already people installing Hyperion on a Fedora/openSuSE System with success. We are not trying to allow or forbid what distribution the user must use, thats complete nonsense. Also the Community Editon is not designed for use in commercial environment, just see the GUI Licence.
    Last edited by Martin Heiland; 03-29-2007, 04:15 PM.

Comment

First sentence in the new Wiki. Keep in mind, this tutorials are only for OX 0.8.x. When you want to install OX Hyperion on a different system then Ubuntu/Debian you have to do it on your own way because there are no HowTo for the new OX, yet.

Comment

Anyway the instructions should be similar on different platforms. I know it has been done on RedHat, I'm usually running it on my Mac, so it's not impossible, and not even all that different. Plus you're probably an expert on your chosen distro, which makes you uniquely qualified to

a) Figure out how to adapt the install instructions to the ways and idioms of your favourite distro
        b) Add this info the wiki

Comment

Working...
        X