Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DB Authentication HOWTO

Hello,

I've been looking for a while, installed the open-xchange-authentication-database, seen some java code, but i'd like a hand here

On my servers, all users are stored in a MySQL database with MD5 crypt passwords

How can I configure the database table/userfield/passwordfield for authentication?

thanks!

Originally posted by b1ll View Post
    Hello,

I've been looking for a while, installed the open-xchange-authentication-database, seen some java code, but i'd like a hand here

On my servers, all users are stored in a MySQL database with MD5 crypt passwords

How can I configure the database table/userfield/passwordfield for authentication?

thanks!
    The package open-xchange-authentication-database can not be customized to use any other user sql scheme for user management.

If you want to use a different database and/or different tables to manage users, you need to write your own OSGi bundle to do that.

You can follow this guide to do that:

Comment

that's a page I've seen before

I've never written or compiled java, so I feel a bit intimidated, but I'm under the impression that it would be a whole lot simpler to just compile the code and package the result (which would open a config file with the name of the db, table and fields to query) then to post code samples and ask people to patch and fix, all for the simple basic task of verifying passwords

Since I'm pretty sure that I'm not the 1st person ever to want sql auth, could anybody post their compiled module here?

thanks

Comment

Working...
      X