X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Public Folder Rights

Hello,

I have a question about public folders.

To avoid the creation of sub folders by each user I tried to change the rights of "Public Folders" and/or "global address book".

But neither could be changed. The right tab is grayed out. No one could add or delete user or change the settings for "All Users".

I tried it as "oxadmin" and as a normal user. (see the debian howto)

Is there any way to change these settings?

Regards
    Martin

Protect root folder

Hello,

I'm also interested in this subject.

I'm using OX6 CE and each user can create subfolder on root.

I would like to create a locked tree where users can create files in each folder but can't change root structure.
    Each new folder must be classified.

Any ideas ?

Thanks for your answers.

Comment

Hi,

this is not possible at the moment, but we're planing to introduce such a feature in the future.

Stay tuned.

Comment

I do it with this workaround:

I use the oxadmin to create the folder tree (you can rename his displayname to "general" or something). Then set the permissions for the folders. Done.

Its not as nice as having it unter Global though. But it works all the same

Comment

Thank you for interesting in my problem.

I tried helge's solution but it did not solved my problem. Maybe i made a mistake or did not understand...

What is oxadmin for you ? The oxadmin user or the admin gui ?
          I don't have any admin gui because I'm using ox 6.6 and admin-gui is not available yet for this version (correct me if i'm wrong but i couldn't find any)

I have created the folder Tree with oxadmin and I have changed permissions on these folders. For example, in root folder i created :
          - Direction
          - Commercial
          - Administration

Users can't modify these folders but they can still create new ones on root.

In fact, the root folder named 'infostore' is still readable/writable for all users.

First solution :
          Is it possible to hide Infostore folder for users, so that they can only see folders that oxadmin has shared ? This would solve my problem.

Second solution :
          Is it possible to change default permissions for new folders ? If by default new folders under infostore were unreadable for other users, this would solve my problem as well.

Third solution :
          wait for this to be implemented....

Regards,

kaliweed

Comment

Problem solved : root folder restrictions

I have finally found a solution :

I set up Infostore folder permissions in sql database as follows :
            In 'oxfolder_permissions' table :
            cid 1 --> context id
            fuid 9 --> folder uid 9=infostore
            permission_id 0 --> 0 = set permissions for all users
            fp 2 --> folder permissions = see
            orp 0 --> object read permissions = none
            owp 0 --> object write permissions = none
            odp 0 --> object delete permissions = none
            admin_flag 0 --> users can not change permissions
            group_flag 1 --> permission_id 0 is for a group so set this to 1

Now oxadmin can still create folders on root folder whereas users can not
            Users can still create folders in their own directory and share them if they want it.
            Now, by default, new users folders are not shared.

It worked fine for me.
            Sorry for my poor english...

regards,

kaliweed

Comment

Hello,

are there really no other possibilities to change these rights, only by changing the attributes directly in mysql database? As a last ressort I've tried to install phpmyadmin on my OXAE server to try these changes, but I failed to get phpmyadmin to get running (the mysql extensions are missing even I've installed it).

So, why I can't change this via the UMC or Univention Directory manager?

Regards,
              Ralf

Comment

Working...
              X