X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can't create User

Hello,

if I want to create a user I get the following Error:

# /opt/open-xchange/sbin/createuser -A oxadmin -P "test" --username test --displayname "Test Test" --password test --email test@test.com --givenname Test --surname Test --language de_DE --timezone Europe/Berlin --department Home --company "Test"
    /opt/open-xchange/lib

Server response:
    com.openexchange.admin.exceptions.PoolException: DBP-0011 Category=8 Message=com.openexchange.database.Pools is not initialized. exceptionID=388930888-9

The database was created successfully, groupware and admin started. Do I need another initial step?

Another question is, what should I configure in the workers.properties workers.tomcat_home and .host ?? I don't understand the connection between apache connector and OX Java Servlet Engine.

Greetings ...

In the workers.properties you can ignore or comment workers.tomcat_home and workers.host. Both are only macros that can be used in other definitions. E.g.

workers.tomcat_home=d:\tomcat
    ps=\
    worker.inprocess.class_path=$(workers.tomcat_home) $(ps)classes

But OX doesn't require tomcat at all and only the AJPv13 connection from apache to our servlet container must be configured.

Concerning your error please check the admin log file for error messages that occur before you try to create a user. Maybe some configuration option is wrong or missing and/or the server name can't be resolved.

Comment

Also you may want to turn up the loglevel to get more information:

This looks suspiciously as if the database setup is somehow wrong. You might also want to try this:

Comment

I found this error in the open-xchange-admin.log, but the mysql jar exists in /opt/open-xchange/lib/mysql-connector-java-3.1.14-bin.jar

01.03.2007 23:32:00 com.openexchange.admin.tools.AdminCache initOXProccess
        SCHWERWIEGEND: Error while init OX Process!
        java.lang.RuntimeException: CFG-0006 Category=10 Message=Can't load class "com.mysql.jdbc.Driver". exceptionID=264449890-2
        at com.openexchange.admin.tools.OXRunner.init(OXRunne r.java:87)
        at com.openexchange.admin.tools.AdminCache.initOXProc cess(AdminCache.java:352)
        at com.openexchange.admin.tools.AdminCache.initCache( AdminCache.java:113)

Comment

I don't know if it can help you, but...

1. Have you changed mysql jar version in open-xchange-admin/build.xml?

If no, try to make a symlink from mysql-connector-java-3.1.14-bin.jar to mysql-connector-java-3.1.13-bin.jar

2. Also you can check /opt/open-xchange/etc/admindaemon/ox-admin-scriptconf.sh for correct EXTLIBPATH and LIBPATH

Comment

I'm having the same issue, though my database connection is working perfectly (or at least, I think it should, checked the configs). Still trying some stuff, but this is the error I get when trying to create a user (taken from admin-log)

Code:
            Mar 2, 2007 9:43:31 PM com.openexchange.admin.storage.sqlStorage.OXAdminPoolDBPool getREADConnectionForContext
            SEVERE: Error pickup oxdb database read connection from ox pool!
            DBP-0011 Category=8 Message=com.openexchange.database.Pools is not initialized. exceptionID=1181162729-15
                    at com.openexchange.database.Pools.getPool(Pools.java:133)
                    at com.openexchange.database.Database.get(Database.java:118)
                    at com.openexchange.database.Server.loadServerId(Server.java:133)
                    at com.openexchange.database.Server.getServerId(Server.java:97)
                    at com.openexchange.database.AssignmentStorage.getAssignment(AssignmentStorage.java:120)
                    at com.openexchange.database.Database.get(Database.java:146)
                    at com.openexchange.database.Database.get(Database.java:133)
                    at com.openexchange.server.DBPool.pickup(DBPool.java:71)
                    at com.openexchange.admin.storage.sqlStorage.OXAdminPoolDBPool.getREADConnectionForContext(OXAdminPoolDBPool.java:87)
                    at com.openexchange.admin.tools.AdminCache.getREADConnectionForContext(AdminCache.java:361)
                    at com.openexchange.admin.auth.MySQLAuthenticationImpl.authenticate(MySQLAuthenticationImpl.java:109)
                    at com.openexchange.admin.rmi.BasicAuthenticator.doAuthentication(BasicAuthenticator.java:80)
                    at com.openexchange.admin.rmi.impl.OXUser.create(OXUser.java:133)
                    at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
                    at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)
                    at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)
                    at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:597)
                    at sun.rmi.server.UnicastServerRef.dispatch(UnicastServerRef.java:305)
                    at sun.rmi.transport.Transport$1.run(Transport.java:159)
                    at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
                    at sun.rmi.transport.Transport.serviceCall(Transport.java:155)
                    at sun.rmi.transport.tcp.TCPTransport.handleMessages(TCPTransport.java:535)
                    at sun.rmi.transport.tcp.TCPTransport$ConnectionHandler.run0(TCPTransport.java:790)
                    at sun.rmi.transport.tcp.TCPTransport$ConnectionHandler.run(TCPTransport.java:649)
                    at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.runTask(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:885)
                    at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:907)
                    at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:619)
            Mar 2, 2007 9:43:31 PM com.openexchange.database.Database back
            SEVERE: DBP-0011 Category=8 Message=com.openexchange.database.Pools is not initialized. exceptionID=1181162729-16
            DBP-0011 Category=8 Message=com.openexchange.database.Pools is not initialized. exceptionID=1181162729-16
                    at com.openexchange.database.Pools.getPool(Pools.java:133)
                    at com.openexchange.database.Database.get(Database.java:118)
                    at com.openexchange.database.Server.loadServerId(Server.java:133)
                    at com.openexchange.database.Server.getServerId(Server.java:97)
                    at com.openexchange.database.AssignmentStorage.getAssignment(AssignmentStorage.java:120)
                    at com.openexchange.database.Database.resolvePool(Database.java:86)
                    at com.openexchange.database.Database.back(Database.java:212)
                    at com.openexchange.database.Database.back(Database.java:198)
                    at com.openexchange.server.DBPool.push(DBPool.java:88)
                    at com.openexchange.admin.storage.sqlStorage.OXAdminPoolDBPool.pushOXDBRead(OXAdminPoolDBPool.java:156)
                    at com.openexchange.admin.tools.AdminCache.pushOXDBRead(AdminCache.java:373)
                    at com.openexchange.admin.auth.MySQLAuthenticationImpl.authenticate(MySQLAuthenticationImpl.java:157)
                    at com.openexchange.admin.rmi.BasicAuthenticator.doAuthentication(BasicAuthenticator.java:80)
                    at com.openexchange.admin.rmi.impl.OXUser.create(OXUser.java:133)
                    at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)
                    at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)
                    at sun.rmi.transport.tcp.TCPTransport$ConnectionHandler.run0(TCPTransport.java:790)
                    at sun.rmi.transport.tcp.TCPTransport$ConnectionHandler.run(TCPTransport.java:649)
                    at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.runTask(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:885)
                    at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:907)
            [edit]
            Found it, had to restart the admin-daemon (silly me). Now the username/pass seems to be incorrect of the adminuser, but we'll figure that out...
            Last edited by Guest; 03-02-2007, 10:47 PM.

Comment

Did you check the configdb credentials?
              /opt/open-xchange/etc/admindaemon/configdb.properties
              /opt/open-xchange/etc/groupware/configdb.properties

Comment

During the build I have change the mysql jar Name in build.xml. In ox-admin-scriptconf.sh the EXTLIBPATH and LIBPATH is set to /opt/open-xchange/lib with all the necessary libs.

Its strange because the open-xchange gui works, I can login with oxadmin, can create appointments... so I think the db connection works.

Where's the differenve between the admin classpath and the gui cp ??

Comment

OK I have the solution. I have created a symlink from mysql-connector-java-3.1.13-bin.jar -> mysql-connector-java-3.1.14-bin.jar

It seems there is a hardcoded link to this version of mysql-connector-java-3.1.13-bin.jar

Comment

Originally posted by nixda View Post
                    It seems there is a hardcoded link to this version of mysql-connector-java-3.1.13-bin.jar
                    Yes, and this is described in the Wiki-Manual under "IV.1. Open-Xchange Installation":

The next step before you start to compile the Open-Xchange Server is to collect all required libraries from the preparation. See III.2 for all required libraries and copy them to location where all other Open-Xchange components can access them. Let's just use /opt/open-xchange/lib. Create the folder using mkdir -p /opt/open-xchange/lib. You can also store all required libs into another directory of your choice. If you do so you must point and to this directory. It is important that these files have the same name as mentioned in III.2. If some files have different versions or other file names you should rename them in the build.xml file. This file can be found under /tmp/open-xchange/build.xml. The other possibility to fix this is to rename the file in the /opt/open-xchange/lib directory. The ant program will install Open-Xchange into the default directory /opt/open-xchange. You are now ready to compile the Open-Xchange Server. Go to /tmp/open-xchange

Daniel

Comment

I have also a problem with new users.

When I create a user I receive the following message:

Code:
                      Server response:
                       com.openexchange.admin.plugins.PluginException: com.openexchange.admin.rmi.exceptions.OXUserIMAPException: unable to create INBOX
                      The GUI is ok and I can login as oxadmin...I also find a user-folder in "Userstore".
                      But the users will not be created.

I have following msgs in my log-file:
                      Code:
                      Mar 14, 2007 1:23:37 PM com.openexchange.admin.storage.mysqlStorage.OXUserMySQLStorage create
                      INFO: User 17 created!
                      Mar 14, 2007 1:23:37 PM com.openexchange.admin.rmi.impl.OXUser create
                      INFO: Calling create for plugin: open_xchange_admin_plugin_imap
                      SEVERE: Error while calling create for plugin: open_xchange_admin_plugin_imap
                      com.openexchange.admin.plugins.PluginException: com.openexchange.admin.rmi.exceptions.OXUserIMAPException: unable to create INBOX
                              at com.openexchange.admin.rmi.impl.OXUserIMAPImpl.create(OXUserIMAPImpl.java:306)
                              at com.openexchange.admin.rmi.impl.OXUser.create(OXUser.java:169)
                      INFO: Now doing rollback for all everything until now...
                      Can someone help me?

Orlando

Comment

Well, seems like OX can't login to the IMAP server and/or don't find the folder INBOX. You should check the user account on the IMAP server. It should either be possible to create the folder INBOX (which normally isn't possible) or the INBOX should already exists.

Comment

Did you try to login to the cyrus directly?

Code:
                          etch-xchange-ce:~# cyradm -u oxadmin localhost
                          IMAP Password: secret
                          localhost> lm
                          if this works you can enter
                          Code:
                          lm
                          to see the inboxes.

What about your imapd.conf? Did you have a look at the unixhierarchysep: parameter like it is mentioned in the wiki?

Comment

thanks for your answers....

yes, I can login with cyradm -u oxadmin localhost and I also can create mailboxes...

but the user will not be created. I can login only with the oxadmin user.
                            the user table in the database contains only the oxadmin user.
                            the strange thing is that i have a folder with the username in "Infostore" -> "Userstore"

Maybe a problem with the DB?

do I need to create the inbox manualy??

orlando

Comment

Originally posted by oprocopio View Post
                              thanks for your answers....

yes, I can login with cyradm -u oxadmin localhost and I also can create mailboxes...
                              great

but the user will not be created. I can login only with the oxadmin user.
                              the user table in the database contains only the oxadmin user.
                              the strange thing is that i have a folder with the username in "Infostore" -> "Userstore"

Maybe a problem with the DB?

do I need to create the inbox manualy??

orlando
                              Do you have the table sequence_uid_number?
                              That's another bug at the moment. (since yesterday)

Comment

Working...
                              X