• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jastorino View Post
    Authentication failed. generic failure
    Security strength factor: 0

-----

I basically installed Ubuntu server 8.04
    I ran the install script (I believe created by yourself)
    and after reading this post I am trying to get the email component by running the Cyradm command.

Any further suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
    As noted earlierly, the install script currently results in failure to authenticate. In some way, I have though managed to get it to authenticate by other means which are for me unknown.

I ran a total diff-comparison between the working server's /etc tree and the non-working one. I found some differences, but none seems to be related to IMAP, PAM or authentication in general... The only notable difference was that the working server had the following configured:

Code:
    # /etc/nsswitch.conf
    #
    # Example configuration of GNU Name Service Switch functionality.
    # If you have the `glibc-doc-reference' and `info' packages installed, try:
    # `info libc "Name Service Switch"' for information about this file.

passwd:         files mysql
    group:          files mysql

#passwd:         compat
    #group:          compat
    #shadow:         compat

#hosts:          files mdns4_minimal [NOTFOUND=return] dns mdns4
    #networks:       files

#protocols:      db files
    #services:       db files
    #ethers:         db files
    #rpc:            db files

#netgroup:       nis
    However, it didn't seem to make a difference when I applied it to the non-working server.

But then again, now the non-working server seems to authenticate.

Blah - this is a mess, but try the above, reboot and check if it works... :P

Comment

Unfortunately that didn't do the trick...

Comment

Hi,

I see you find my stuff usefull. Finally I succeed in making working OpenXchange new deb package with a mail server.

The script will soon be available in the svn repository of the Cooperation-iws project: http://developer.berlios.de/svn/?group_id=9656 (check the module directory of the trunk)

and Open Xchange will be available as module of Cooperation-iws nomad server.

The project url is here: http://cooperation-iws.gensys-net.eu.

In fact I followed a separate howto to install postfix, dovecot, postfixadmin, Clamav and mailscanner and then install only the deb packages of openxchange.

Noteworthy, it is sad that the admin-gui is discontinued for the 6.6 release.

Live-scripts to make a Cooperation-iws server are GPL2+ and OpenXchange module will be released with 0.5.2 version. So feel free to publish them following the same Licence or even improve them and send me new module scripts.

Regards,
        Oliv

Ps: in fact I still have sieve low level error at login but as far as I have test it, everything (mail, calendar,) works ok.
        Last edited by Guest; 10-02-2008, 05:24 PM. Reason: adding precision

Comment

Cool Stuff

If you need help in making SIEVE working on a dovecot please contact me, i've already one running with latest dovecot and sieve plugin.

Greetings

Comment

That's great, I can't wait for the how-to and/or script.

Comment

Hy guys!

Ok can someone help me.. I have installed ox6 with help "Open-Xchange Server 6 on openSUSE 11".. My installation is compleate fine and i now i can login with testuser account in GUI. Now i must configurate my new mail server. (IMAP, Postfix...). But i'm not expert and i need some fine guide for this. Can some one tell me which guide i can use for my openSUSE11 ox6 installation which help me configurate mail server...

tnx

Gasper

Comment

Originally posted by Martin Braun View Post
                Cool Stuff

If you need help in making SIEVE working on a dovecot please contact me, i've already one running with latest dovecot and sieve plugin.

Greetings
                Hallo,
                I have problem with installation Dovecot SIEVE plugin please send me quick howto.

Thank You Hrachor

Comment

Hi,

Thank you Martin, for light about sieve. I used Pysieved http://www.woozle.org/~neale/src/pysieved/, as Sieve for Open-xchange. It seems to work, I do not have error message any more at login.

But as I 've seen in other posts of the forum that bundled applications with mail server backend and admin gui will be released at the end of October, I will wait till that.

Regards,
                  Oliv

Comment

Originally posted by sedeke View Post
                    Sorry may a stupid question, but I'm not familiar with filtering.

I use the Courier-IMAP server with maildrop.
                    Does your filter plugin work with it, or only with sieve?
                    Is sieve a product of cyrus??
                    Did you ever get an answer to this? I am getting "Invalid Sieve Credentials" as well and I am using Courier-IMAP on Ubuntu. I tried Cyrus but it does not work for me. Any assistance is appreciated.

Comment

RE:

Try this:

It is workin for me, but problem is, that I need set password for sasl.
                      I tried open-xchange-authentication-imap, but I don´t know how to set it up correctly.

Comment

Originally posted by quentin View Post
                        Try this:

It is workin for me, but problem is, that I need set password for sasl.
                        I tried open-xchange-authentication-imap, but I don´t know how to set it up correctly.
                        i would be interested in that, too. i think it is not difficult but maybe someone can just point us in the right direction.

Comment

Working...
                        X