OX doesn't send mail notification to the (task) principal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OX doesn't send mail notification to the (task) principal

I installed (again) OX Hyperion yesterday.
    I created 3 users: Andy, Ben and Charlie.
    Andy creates a task: "task1" that has participants: Ben and Charlie.
    Notification mails sent successfully to Ben and Charlie, inform that a new task has been created by Andy.
    Then Ben change "task1", notification mail just sent to Charlie but NOT to Andy.
    Charlie delete "task1", and notification mail just sent to Ben but still NOT to Andy.
    Is it normal?
    Thanks for any help.

Please, Could any body help answering me?
    I tried with calendar, and this issue doesn't happened.

Comment

Are there any errors in the logfile?

Daniel

Comment

Hi,

i'll take a look at this. Just one question - when editing the task, did you checked the "notify participants" box at the edit window?

Greetings

Comment

Hello again,

the logic is like this:
          The "participant" of a task is the assignee, if Andy is the "Boss" he'll assign tasks to co-workers to execute them. As Ben and Charlie are the task assignees they are in charge of this task and their progress or changes at the task are not important to the initial creator but to the people that are working on this task.

Greetings

Comment

Reply to Daniel Halbe:
            No, there are no any errors in the log file

Reply to Martin Braun:
            Yes, I checked the "notify participants" box at the edit window.
            OK, I understand the logic. But why OX do different treatment to Calendar?
            (I'm so sorry if my question too basic )

All participants (in Calendar) always get notification emails (include Andy "the boss").

If I use my above illustration in Calendar:

Andy creates an appointment : "appointment1" that has participants: Ben and Charlie.
            Notification mails sent successfully to Ben and Charlie, inform that a new appointment has been created by Andy.
            Then Ben change "appointment1", notification mail sent to Charlie AND Andy.
            Charlie delete "appointment1", and notification mail sent to Ben AND Andy.

Thanks for reply.

Comment

Hi,

well - because the creator of the appointment is always a participant - if you look at the participant list of a task, the creator is not a participant. If Andy "the Boss" does set up a meeting with his co-workers it's quite likely that he will attend at this meeting. It _could_ be useful to add a similar calendar functionality like at the tasks module for example for a secretary that is planing appointments for her boss but is not participating at them. But that's a bit off-topic right now.

Short summary:
              Task = Piece of work to delegate to others
              Appointment = Collaboration event with others

Greetings

Comment

Ok, I’ve got the point
                Thanks for help.

Comment

Working...
                X