oxinstaller hangs when (Re)starting Admin Daemon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• oxinstaller hangs when (Re)starting Admin Daemon

I have followed the wiki step by step and the only issue that I am having is with oxinstaller. It hangs at the end of step (1/2). Here is the console output:

Code:
    # /opt/open-xchange/sbin/oxinstaller --oxdb-pass=secret --admin-pass=secret --maildomain example.com -f
    initializing database (step 1/2)
    done
    Configuring services
    setting readUrl in /opt/open-xchange/etc/admindaemon/configdb.properties
    setting writeUrl in /opt/open-xchange/etc/admindaemon/configdb.properties
    setting readProperty.1 in /opt/open-xchange/etc/admindaemon/configdb.properties
    setting readProperty.2 in /opt/open-xchange/etc/admindaemon/configdb.properties
    setting writeProperty.1 in /opt/open-xchange/etc/admindaemon/configdb.properties
    setting writeProperty.2 in /opt/open-xchange/etc/admindaemon/configdb.properties
    setting readUrl in /opt/open-xchange/etc/groupware/configdb.properties
    setting writeUrl in /opt/open-xchange/etc/groupware/configdb.properties
    setting readProperty.1 in /opt/open-xchange/etc/groupware/configdb.properties
    setting readProperty.2 in /opt/open-xchange/etc/groupware/configdb.properties
    setting writeProperty.1 in /opt/open-xchange/etc/groupware/configdb.properties
    setting writeProperty.2 in /opt/open-xchange/etc/groupware/configdb.properties
    setting CREATE_HOMEDIRECTORY in /opt/open-xchange/etc/admindaemon/User.properties
    setting SetupLink in /opt/open-xchange/etc/groupware/system.properties
    setting AUTO_TO_LOWERCASE_UID in /opt/open-xchange/etc/admindaemon/User.properties
    (Re)Starting Admin Daemon
    I first was running oxinstaller with my domain name in place of example.com, but I had the same results.

I have checked the admin log and there are no anomalies. Everything looks like it works fine. If I kill the process, I can still login to the mysql database with the command:

mysql -h localhost -u openexchange -p

That tells me that configdb is setup right, it just isn't getting populated with the necessary data.

I went ahead and continued with the wiki steps and got to the end. Everything installed just fine, but when I try to login to the server through the web GUI, it gives me an invalid username/password error. I am assuming that is because oxinstaller never got the oxadmin user setup.

Can that manually be done, or do I have to do it through oxinstaller? How can I get oxinstaller to work right?

Thanks for the help!

Jon

I am having exactly the same issue

having gone through the install with Ubuntu 8.04.

I get "error 503 Service is Temporarily unavailable" pop up window which i take to mean that the username/password is incorrect.

Comment

I just made it past the oxinstaller issue. I don't know exactly what I did, I just pressed <ENTER> a few times and it seemed to get out of it and finished. From there, I have been able to login, but am getting configuration issues when I login. One post mentioned I should copy mailapi_1_3_1.jar over the top of mail.jar, but then I couldn't login at all. So I went back to the old mail.jar and things are working again, but with the same issue.

I'm still trying to track that down.

Comment

rightyhoo

I'll give that a try,

on my 5th or 6th attempt to get it working

Comment

This thread had the answer:

That worked for me. Now I am having an issue when I update my user settings from the Admin GUI. I'm still looking into that.

Here is the error I get in the Admin GUI:

Code:
          Error code: com.openexchange.admin.plugins.PluginException: com.openexchange.admin.rmi.exceptions.OXUserIMAPException: javax.mail.MessagingException: Connection refused; nested exception is: java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused (SVL-0001,494850956-4)
          Here is the admin log:

Code:
          Sep 20, 2008 5:56:44 PM com.openexchange.admin.rmi.impl.OXUserIMAPImpl initImap
          SEVERE: Connection refused
          javax.mail.MessagingException: Connection refused;
            nested exception is:
                  java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused
                  at com.sun.mail.imap.IMAPStore.protocolConnect(IMAPStore.java:479)
                  at javax.mail.Service.connect(Service.java:275)
                  at com.openexchange.admin.rmi.impl.OXUserIMAPImpl.initImap(OXUserIMAPImpl.java:235)
                  at com.openexchange.admin.rmi.impl.OXUserMailfilterImpl.createSpamFilter(OXUserMailfilterImpl.java:841)
                  at com.openexchange.admin.rmi.impl.OXUserMailfilterImpl.changeimpl(OXUserMailfilterImpl.java:563)
                  at com.openexchange.admin.rmi.impl.OXUserMailfilterImpl.change(OXUserMailfilterImpl.java:171)
                  at com.openexchange.admin.rmi.impl.OXUser.change(OXUser.java:290)
                  at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
                  at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)
                  at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)
                  at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:585)
                  at sun.rmi.server.UnicastServerRef.dispatch(UnicastServerRef.java:294)
                  at sun.rmi.transport.Transport$1.run(Transport.java:153)
                  at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
                  at sun.rmi.transport.Transport.serviceCall(Transport.java:149)
                  at sun.rmi.transport.tcp.TCPTransport.handleMessages(TCPTransport.java:466)
                  at sun.rmi.transport.tcp.TCPTransport$ConnectionHandler.run(TCPTransport.java:707)
                  at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:595)
          Caused by: java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused
                  at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.socketConnect(Native Method)
                  at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.doConnect(PlainSocketImpl.java:333)
                  at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.connectToAddress(PlainSocketImpl.java:195)
                  at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.connect(PlainSocketImpl.java:182)
                  at java.net.SocksSocketImpl.connect(SocksSocketImpl.java:366)
                  at java.net.Socket.connect(Socket.java:520)
                  at java.net.Socket.connect(Socket.java:470)
                  at com.sun.mail.util.SocketFetcher.createSocket(SocketFetcher.java:232)
                  at com.sun.mail.util.SocketFetcher.getSocket(SocketFetcher.java:189)
                  at com.sun.mail.iap.Protocol.<init>(Protocol.java:84)
                  at com.sun.mail.imap.protocol.IMAPProtocol.<init>(IMAPProtocol.java:87)
                  at com.sun.mail.imap.IMAPStore.protocolConnect(IMAPStore.java:446)
                  ... 17 more
          Sep 20, 2008 5:56:44 PM com.openexchange.admin.rmi.impl.OXUserIMAPImpl initImap
          SEVERE: javax.mail.MessagingException: Connection refused;
            nested exception is:
          com.openexchange.admin.rmi.exceptions.OXUserIMAPException: javax.mail.MessagingException: Connection refused;
            nested exception is:
                  at com.openexchange.admin.rmi.impl.OXUserIMAPImpl.initImap(OXUserIMAPImpl.java:261)
                  at com.openexchange.admin.rmi.impl.OXUserMailfilterImpl.createSpamFilter(OXUserMailfilterImpl.java:841)
                  at com.openexchange.admin.rmi.impl.OXUserMailfilterImpl.changeimpl(OXUserMailfilterImpl.java:563)
                  at com.openexchange.admin.rmi.impl.OXUserMailfilterImpl.change(OXUserMailfilterImpl.java:171)
                  at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)
                  at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)
                  at sun.rmi.transport.tcp.TCPTransport$ConnectionHandler.run(TCPTransport.java:707)
          Sep 20, 2008 5:56:44 PM com.openexchange.admin.rmi.impl.OXUserMailfilterImpl change
          SEVERE: com.openexchange.admin.rmi.exceptions.OXUserIMAPException: javax.mail.MessagingException: Connection refused;
            nested exception is:
          Sep 20, 2008 5:56:44 PM com.openexchange.admin.rmi.impl.OXUser change
          SEVERE: Error while calling change for plugin: open_xchange_admin_plugin_mailfilter
          com.openexchange.admin.plugins.PluginException: com.openexchange.admin.rmi.exceptions.OXUserIMAPException: javax.mail.MessagingException: Connection refused;
            nested exception is:
                  at com.openexchange.admin.rmi.impl.OXUserMailfilterImpl.change(OXUserMailfilterImpl.java:186)
          Any ideas?
          Last edited by Guest; 09-20-2008, 08:00 PM. Reason: Added admin log

Comment

Working...
          X