mailserver/MTA and IMAP configuration for OX 6.6

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mailserver/MTA and IMAP configuration for OX 6.6

The installation for OX 6.6 using packages (http://www.open-xchange.com/wiki/ind...ages_.28NEW.29) is fantastic, but as noted in several places in this forum, SMTP and IMAP are not configured as part of the installation. OX is flexible enough to use a variety of underlying SMTP/IMAP options:

Originally posted by Martin Braun View Post
    The packages you commented are all packages to set up a complete OX6 Server. Open-Xchange is a Groupware, not a IMAP or SMTP Server. Use Postifx/Cyrus or any other SMTP/IMAP combination to enable E-Mail functionality.
    User and authorization integration with OX is helpful to maintain a single point of administration. The OX 6.4 configuration of SMTP/IMAP does not work with OX 6.6 (as referred to here); the OX 6.6 configuration specifics (of .conf and .cf files for Postfix and Cyrus) are not clear in the installation docs at Installation-and-Administration-v1.2.5.pdf.

In short, we're stumped at getting SMTP/IMAP functionality to work as an integral part of the OX collaboration server. We're getting errors like others have. Also, With the OX 6.4 configuration files which we're trying to use, PAM does not work. We cannot determine the "crypt=?" option for SHA. Thus, we're getting "auth_pam: pam_authenticate failed: Permission denied" and the same error messages refered to above. I do not see that the manual reference above describes those configuration files and/or user/group permissions required to make this work.

Are there examples of these configuration files for OX 6.6? Or should we reattempt the running of a script or force reload of the packages?

Thanks for any help. A configuration file setup like the one for bf_6_4 for the packages installation of OX 6.6 would be great.

Originally posted by kdcorban View Post

Are there examples of these configuration files for OX 6.6? Or should we reattempt the running of a script or force reload of the packages?

Thanks for any help. A configuration file setup like the one for bf_6_4 for the packages installation of OX 6.6 would be great.
    fully agree to this request - I blow my mind with all of this stuff since weeks...

Comment

This was answered in another thread. Thank you Martin.

Originally posted by Martin Braun View Post
      Hi,

i just started to write down a quick installation guide for a basic E-Mail server setup, you can check it out here: http://www.open-xchange.com/wiki/ind..._Setup_Debian4

You're welcome to add your feedback

Cheers,
      Martin

Comment

This was answered in another thread. Thank you Martin.
        Actually, even though that covers the basics of Cyrus/Postfix configuration, that guide does not integrate Cyrus/Postfix authentication with OX at all.

I am currently writing installation instructions of how to configure 6.6. Please check the following posts for more information:

Hopefully we'll figure this one out very soon... Cheers!
        Last edited by Guest; 09-26-2008, 01:55 PM.

Comment

We cannot determine the "crypt=?" option for SHA. Thus, we're getting "auth_pam: pam_authenticate failed: Permission denied" and the same error messages refered to above. I do not see that the manual reference above describes those configuration files and/or user/group permissions required to make this work.
          There is no crypt=? option for SHA. There is one for CRYPT, and OX can be set to use CRYPT, but unfortunately they interpret CRYPT differently. I tried to write a patch to pam_mysql that mimics OX's variant, but without success so far. Try it out if you want here: http://www.open-xchange.com/forum/sh...ted=1#post8254

Cheers

Comment

Working...
          X