remote imap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• remote imap

I did a search for "using remote imap" with ox and found one post back in 2005 stating that it should work.

I edited groupware/imap.properties with the IP for the remote IMAP server. Created ox account with the same remote imap's info. After logging in, I receive

MSG-0092: A socket error occured: Unconnected sockets not implemented

The error sounds like remote imap is not supported. Is this the case? I'm using the vmware image on Debian Etch.

Thanks for any tips.

Originally posted by quattr0 View Post
    I did a search for "using remote imap" with ox and found one post back in 2005 stating that it should work.

I edited groupware/imap.properties with the IP for the remote IMAP server. Created ox account with the same remote imap's info. After logging in, I receive

The error sounds like remote imap is not supported. Is this the case? I'm using the vmware image on Debian Etch.

Thanks for any tips.

Hello,

did you change the mySQL table "user" as well?

If no, please provide some more information

Greetz
    neo

Comment

I did not change MySQL "user". Went ahead did it and restart. Still receive same error. Below is groupware/imap.properties

# Sets the implementing class to Global (global login) or User (user-specific login)
      imapLoginType=user

# The master password for IMAP Server. Only takes effect when property "imapLoginType" is set to "global"
      imapMasterPassword=secret

# IMAP Server with or without IMAP Port: e.g. 192.168.32.133:8143
      imapServer=my_remote_imap_ip

# SMTP Server with or without SMTP Port: e.g. 192.168.32.133:125
      smtpServer=127.0.0.1

# Enable/Disable IMAPS and its port
      imaps=true
      imapsPort=993

# Enable/Disable SMTPS and its port
      smtps=false
      smtpsPort=465

# Define the default MIME charset used for character encoding. This setting will then be
      # accessible through system property "mail.mime.charset"
      mail.mime.charset=UTF-8

# Define where to sort emails: Value "imap" to let the IMAP Server sort (faster but less reliable).
      # Leave blank or fill in value "application" to sort within application (slower but good quality).
      # NOTE: This value is going to be set to "application" if IMAP server capabilites do not
      # contain string "SORT"
      imapSort=application

# Define where to search for emails: Value "imap" to let the IMAP Server search.
      # Leave blank or fill in value "application" to search within application.
      imapSearch=imap

imapMessageFetchLimit=5000
      # Amount in bytes
      imapAttachmentDisplaySizeLimit=8192

# Comma-seperated hex values of colors
      imapQuoteLineColors=#a14044,#917722,#599351,#51619 3,#666666

# Possible value are: session, session.LoginFromDB and other
      imapCredSrc=session

# Define if IMAP server supports ACLs. Possible values: true/false
      # NOTE: This value is going to be overwritten if request of capabilities
      # from IMAP server does not fail
      imapSupportsACL=false

# Enable/disable SMTP Authentication
      smtpAuthentication=true

# Define the socket connection timeout value in milliseconds. A value less
      # or equal to zero is infinite timeout
      imapConnectionTimeout=10000

# Specify max number of IMAP connection that exists at the same time
      imapMaxNumOfConnections=0

# Enable/disable user flags
      userFlagsEnabled=false

# Define the implementing class of PartModifier
      partModifierImpl=com.openexchange.groupware.imap.D ummyPartModifier

# Define max. IMAP connection idle time in milliseconds or in other words
      # how long an established IMAP connection is going to be kept alive while
      # it's idle. NOTE: This is for future use and not yet implemented!
      maxIMAPConnectionIdleTime=60000

and the sql result for the imap account i'm trying to login

"1","8","my_remote_imap_ip","user","user@somedomai n.org","somedomain.org","1","en_US","-1","localhost","America/Chicago","somepassword","7","{CRYPT}","5000","5000 ","/tmp/foo","/bin/bash"

I did also try to change my_remote_imap_ip:993 in the groupware/imap.properties and also in MySQL "user". It still acts the same:

MSG-0054: Missing field: folder

Thanks for your help.

Comment

Hi there,

have the same problem.

using hMailServer (windows 2003 server) as "remote"-imap and "remote"-smtp.

get following error-log

HTML Code:
        31.05.2007 10:43:10 com.openexchange.ajax.request.QuotaRequest exception
        SCHWERWIEGEND: MSG-0008 Category=3 Message=Wrong or missing login data to access server 192.168.20.9: User: Anton (4) | Context: 1 exceptionID=1576021157-2
        MSG-0008 Category=3 Message=Wrong or missing login data to access server 192.168.20.9: User: Anton (4) | Context: 1 exceptionID=1576021157-2
        	at com.openexchange.api2.MailInterfaceImpl.handleMessagingException(MailInterfaceImpl.java:4674)
        	at com.openexchange.api2.MailInterfaceImpl.getQuota(MailInterfaceImpl.java:1256)
        	at com.openexchange.ajax.request.QuotaRequest.mail(QuotaRequest.java:147)
        	at com.openexchange.ajax.request.QuotaRequest.action(QuotaRequest.java:104)
        	at com.openexchange.ajax.Quota.doGet(Quota.java:77)
        	at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:740)
        	at com.openexchange.ajax.SessionServlet.service(SessionServlet.java:132)
        	at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:853)
        	at com.openexchange.tools.ajp13.AJPv13Request.response(AJPv13Request.java:92)
        	at com.openexchange.tools.ajp13.AJPv13RequestHandler.createResponse(AJPv13RequestHandler.java:335)
        	at com.openexchange.tools.ajp13.AJPv13Connection.createResponse(AJPv13Connection.java:170)
        	at com.openexchange.tools.ajp13.AJPv13Listener.run(AJPv13Listener.java:237)
        	at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:595)
        [B]Caused by: javax.mail.AuthenticationFailedException: Invalid user name or password. Please use full email address as user name.[/B]
        	at com.sun.mail.imap.IMAPStore.protocolConnect(IMAPStore.java:474)
        	at javax.mail.Service.connect(Service.java:275)
        	at com.openexchange.groupware.imap.DefaultIMAPConnection.connect(DefaultIMAPConnection.java:192)
        	at com.openexchange.api2.MailInterfaceImpl.init(MailInterfaceImpl.java:645)
        	at com.openexchange.api2.MailInterfaceImpl.getQuota(MailInterfaceImpl.java:1235)
        	... 11 more
        31.05.2007 10:43:10 com.openexchange.groupware.settings.RdbSettingStorage readValues
        SCHWERWIEGEND: Problem while reading setting value.
        MSG-0008 Category=3 Message=Wrong or missing login data to access server : User:  | Context:  exceptionID=1576021157-4
        	at com.openexchange.groupware.settings.ConfigTree$19.getValue(ConfigTree.java:711)
        	at com.openexchange.groupware.settings.RdbSettingStorage.readValues(RdbSettingStorage.java:187)
        	at com.openexchange.groupware.settings.RdbSettingStorage.readValues(RdbSettingStorage.java:179)
        	at com.openexchange.groupware.settings.RdbSettingStorage.readValues(RdbSettingStorage.java:179)
        	at com.openexchange.ajax.ConfigMenu.doGet(ConfigMenu.java:119)
        	at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:740)
        	at com.openexchange.ajax.SessionServlet.service(SessionServlet.java:132)
        	at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:853)
        	at com.openexchange.tools.ajp13.AJPv13Request.response(AJPv13Request.java:92)
        	at com.openexchange.tools.ajp13.AJPv13RequestHandler.createResponse(AJPv13RequestHandler.java:335)
        	at com.openexchange.tools.ajp13.AJPv13Connection.createResponse(AJPv13Connection.java:170)
        	at com.openexchange.tools.ajp13.AJPv13Listener.run(AJPv13Listener.java:237)
        	at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:595)
        Caused by: MSG-0008 Category=3 Message=Wrong or missing login data to access server : User:  | Context:  exceptionID=1576021157-3
        	at com.openexchange.api2.MailInterfaceImpl.handleMessagingException(MailInterfaceImpl.java:4666)
        	at com.openexchange.api2.MailInterfaceImpl.handleMessagingException(MailInterfaceImpl.java:4651)
        	at com.openexchange.api2.MailInterfaceImpl.getStdFolder(MailInterfaceImpl.java:4638)
        	at com.openexchange.api2.MailInterfaceImpl.getSentFolder(MailInterfaceImpl.java:4590)
        	at com.openexchange.groupware.settings.ConfigTree$19.getValue(ConfigTree.java:709)
        	... 13 more
        Caused by: javax.mail.AuthenticationFailedException: Invalid user name or password. Please use full email address as user name.
        	at com.sun.mail.imap.IMAPStore.protocolConnect(IMAPStore.java:474)
        	at javax.mail.Service.connect(Service.java:275)
        	at com.openexchange.groupware.imap.DefaultIMAPConnection.connect(DefaultIMAPConnection.java:192)
        	at com.openexchange.api2.MailInterfaceImpl.init(MailInterfaceImpl.java:645)
        	at com.openexchange.api2.MailInterfaceImpl.getStdFolder(MailInterfaceImpl.java:4631)
        	... 15 more
        i think the important line is:

Caused by: javax.mail.AuthenticationFailedException: Invalid user name or password. Please use full email address as user name.

i think, the login has to use the e-mail-adress, not the user-name??

can anyone help

thanks

Comment

Does the remote IMAP Server gets any request from the groupware?
          Take a look at the 'user' table of your OX-Database, there you have to configure the IMAP/SMTP Host for a user (at least for my setup).
          Remote IMAP/SMTP works like a charm with the famous cyrus/postfix combination but also with other rfc compliant damons.

Comment

thanx for your reply.

yes, the imap-server gets an request from ox (ox-ip=192.168.20.253):

HTML Code:
            "DEBUG"	888	"2007-05-31 14:08:47.940"	"Socket::Socket(ID: 224)"
            "IMAPD"	888	224	"2007-05-31 14:08:47.940"	"192.168.20.253"	"SENT: * OK IMAPrev1"
            "IMAPD"	888	224	"2007-05-31 14:08:47.940"	"192.168.20.253"	"RECEIVED: A0 CAPABILITY"
            "IMAPD"	888	224	"2007-05-31 14:08:47.940"	"192.168.20.253"	"SENT: * CAPABILITY IMAP4 IMAP4rev1 CHILDREN IDLE QUOTA SORT[nl]A0 OK CAPABILITY completed"
            "IMAPD"	888	224	"2007-05-31 14:08:47.940"	"192.168.20.253"	"RECEIVED: A1 LOGIN hingerl ***"
            "IMAPD"	888	224	"2007-05-31 14:08:47.940"	"192.168.20.253"	"SENT: A1 NO Invalid user name or password. Please use full email address as user name."
            "TCPIP"	888	"2007-05-31 14:08:47.940"	"Disconnecting socket 1732 for session 224"
            "DEBUG"	888	"2007-05-31 14:08:47.940"	"Socket::~Socket(ID: 224)"
            if i read the log correct, i think this line is important:

RECEIVED: A1 LOGIN hingerl ***

the request comes with hingerl (=username) and ***(=password).
            username should be account@mydomain.de, password is in ox and imap-server the same.

Comment

Hi,

If i understand correctly, the ox wants to authenticate with "hingerl", but your IMAP expects "hingerl@mydomain.de" style.

To fix this, you have to modify the entry in column "imapLogin" of the "user" table in you OX-DB to this value.

Greetings

Comment

thank you,

now it works; great :-)

Comment

How to modify the "imapLogin" of the "user" table?

Hello Martin et all,

I never touched mysql databases: Which modifications do I have to execute in the "imapLogin" field of the user table in the OX-DB? Which values have to be set for imap remote login like "user@mydomain.de"?

A helping hand with an example whould be very nice.

Bye and thanx,

Karsten

Originally posted by Martin Braun View Post
                  Hi,

If i understand correctly, the ox wants to authenticate with "hingerl", but your IMAP expects "hingerl@mydomain.de" style.

To fix this, you have to modify the entry in column "imapLogin" of the "user" table in you OX-DB to this value.

Greetings

Comment

Hi,

First you have to start the mysql console. Then you specify which database should be used (open-xchange-db in this case). After that the database fields can be updated. To get the user id's you may list all users in that context. Then we can go on and update the imap/smtp/login data for the imap server. That's quite easy, just execute the following at the console:

Code:
                    $ mysql
                    mysql > use open-xchange-db;
                    mysql > select * from user where cid=1 \G;
                    mysql > UPDATE user SET imapLogin='<username>' WHERE cid=1 AND id=<user id>;
                    mysql > UPDATE user SET imapServer='<server-ip>' WHERE cid=1 AND id=<user id>;
                    mysql > UPDATE user SET smtpServer='<server-ip>' WHERE cid=1 AND id=<user id>;
                    Greetings

Comment

Thank you, now everything is fine.

Karsten

Comment

remote imap works

hello martin,
                        we have setup current OX61.01 for testing purposes. we access via remote imap our production OX5. And yes, like already mentioned, it works like a charm.

Except 3 problems:

1) after enablink remote imap (like described in this thread) it is not possible to edit user date in the admin iinterface. After a click on the enabled user the following error appears:

Error code: Error occured in: MailfilterExtension! Errortext: com.openexchange.admin.rmi.exceptions.OXSieveHandl erInvalidCredentialsException: Authentication failed (SVL-0001,-2021386308-1610)

This happens only for editing remote imap users - after reseting values in db to localhost.. it editing this users is working again in the admin gui

2) vacation autoresponder is not working (maybe not possible remote?)

3) the autocompletelist feature, known from OX5 (a must have for our CEO), is is not availabe. Are there any plans? I would suggest a autocomplete based on the private contacts folder - the OX5 autocomplete has some drawbacks ;-)

thanks for the info

Comment

Working...
                        X