Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Postfix-Problem: User unknown in virtual alias table

Hello,
    I just succeded in installing OX 6.1.0 on Debian Etch.
    One problem (so far) remains, I can't receive emails because Postfix rejects them with "User unknown in virtual alias table".
    If i query the database as in "/etc/postfix/ox_domains.cf" i get a "permit" for the corresponding domain.
    The table "address_mappings" in "open-xchange-db" is empty, but I think thats is correct, because I don't use virtual domains.

Can anybody supply me with debugging-tips, enlightment or solutions?

Thanks in advance,
    anjin

It'd probably be helpful to find out which statements the postfix (or PAM or whatever) uses on the database.

This might be useful:

otherwise I'd try to sniff traffic between the mysql client and server.

Comment

Originally posted by anjin View Post
      Hello,
      I just succeded in installing OX 6.1.0 on Debian Etch.
      One problem (so far) remains, I can't receive emails because Postfix rejects them with "User unknown in virtual alias table".
      If i query the database as in "/etc/postfix/ox_domains.cf" i get a "permit" for the corresponding domain.
      The table "address_mappings" in "open-xchange-db" is empty, but I think thats is correct, because I don't use virtual domains.

Can anybody supply me with debugging-tips, enlightment or solutions?

Thanks in advance,
      anjin
      One first thing is
      Code:
      postquery [EMAIL="my_email@example.com"]my_email@example.com[/EMAIL]
      Does it work?

Next thing is:
      Code:
      telnet server 25
      MAIL FROM: [EMAIL="ma_email@example.com"]ma_email@example.com[/EMAIL]
      RCPT TO: [EMAIL="recipient@example.com"]recipient@example.com[/EMAIL]
      DATA
      Subject: Test

Test
      QUIT
      (respect the additional empty line in the code above

During this you get some more detail information IMHO. Also the message id when it is queued. And with this message Id you can have a look at the mail.log or mail.info in /var/log

Greetz
      neo

Comment

Postfix-Problem: User unknown in virtual alias table

Thank you, Francisco and Neo,

unfortunaly i'm no postfix expert (but i hope someday i become ).
        I used the installation wiki, so the queries postfix makes are defined in /etc/postfix/*.cf.
        What i dont't know at which point postfix decides not to accept the mail.
        If I query with
        Code:
         postmap -q oxtest.example.com mysql:/etc/postfix/ox_domains.cf
        i get a "permit". (@Neo: i don't find anything about the "postquery" command. Can i get this from somwhere?)
        If I query the "ox_user_aliases.cf", my username is returned.
        Virtual_alias_maps is defined in "main.cf" as a query on "ox_user_aliases.cf" (and some others).

Looks O.K. for me. But not for Postfix ... mail.log and mysql.log don't provide more information.

Some more suggestions? Please?

Comment

Solved (for the moment): User unknown in virtual alias table

Hello,

after reading a bunch of papers about postfix, i'm a step ahead on my way to become a postfix expert .
          I had to add the maildomain in main.cf like "mydestination = example.com". I hoped this would be done automaticly by looking up the mysql-tables, but this would be "virtual hosting", which I think is a bit more complicated because of the namespace problem (you could have more than one user "alan.turing" in different domains, but the create-user-script just creates one mailbox user.alan_turing ...)

Comment

Thanks for pointing that out, I bet others will have run into this problem also

Comment

Error: I can break rules, too. Goodbye.

I'm fighting against a similar Problem. Following your instructions:

Originally posted by neo View Post
              One first thing is
              Code:
              postquery [EMAIL="my_email@example.com"]my_email@example.com[/EMAIL]
              Does it work?

Next thing is:
              Code:
              telnet server 25
              MAIL FROM: [EMAIL="ma_email@example.com"]ma_email@example.com[/EMAIL]
              RCPT TO: [EMAIL="recipient@example.com"]recipient@example.com[/EMAIL]
              DATA
              Subject: Test

Test
              QUIT
              I get the following effect:
              Code:
              hyperion:/etc/postfix # telnet localhost 25
              Trying 127.0.0.1...
              Connected to localhost.
              Escape character is '^]'.
              220 mail.my-oxserver.mydyndomain.org ESMTP Postfix
              MAIL FROM: Firstname.lastname@my-oxserver.mydyndomain.org
              250 2.1.0 Ok
              PCPT: Firstname1.lastname1@myotherdomain.com
              221 2.7.0 Error: I can break rules, too. Goodbye.
              Connection closed by foreign host.
              Now the actual problem:
              I am using myotherdoamin.com as an additional domain configured in the Admin-Gui. Retrieving Mails with fetchmail is working okay, but sending gives the following error:

Code:
              Jan 16 13:26:39 hyperion postfix/smtpd[26757]: NOQUEUE: reject: RCPT from localhost[127.0.0.1]: 550 5.1.1 : Recipient address rejected: User unknown in virtual alias table; from= to= proto=ESMTP helo=
              Jan 16 13:26:39 hyperion postfix/smtpd[26757]: disconnect from localhost[127.0.0.1]
              As I can see, I can only send mails to myotherdomain.com-Users wich are hosted on my ox-server too.
              Is there a workaround to send mails to users@myotherdomain.com wich are not hosted at my ox-server. I have the possibility to use my Strato-Rootserver as a relay-host with a static IP.
              My Idea was to create a transport_map like
              Code:
              #transport
              myotherdomain.com :ox-relay.myvalid-ip.server.com
              But I still have no clue how to get my hyperion-ox-server to admit this.

I am not yet that much of a postfix-teaser as anjin might be now in between.

susist
              Last edited by Guest; 01-16-2008, 02:21 PM.

Comment

Working...
              X