Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LDAP not necessary

Hello,

what happened to the LDAP authentication in OX?

Can you explain why it has changed to something else?

Well, at the moment I'm preparing a little VM to play a bit with Hyperion ;-)

Greetings
    neo

There is no LDAP in Hyperion. At the moment all user data is stored in the database. This does not mean that this will always be the case but at the moment it is.

René

Comment

ok.
      good to know.

In our case we wanted to migrate all the config stuff to LDAP because of OX User authentication. But now we have to investigate again all that.

greetz

Comment

As René wrote - for the moment no LDAP is supported, but this will change in the future. Keep in mind that the current release of Hyperion is not a "concreted" release. The CVS will be updated regularly.

Comment

I never liked the situation to have two different databases to store these informations. So these are greate news to me, that i do not have to deal with redundent data any more. It should all be done in one place.

Comment

Yes, you're right but with LDAP you have some benefits like a hierarchy concept of user permissions which is easy to setup.

Comment

Originally posted by neo View Post
              Yes, you're right but with LDAP you have some benefits like a hierarchy concept of user permissions which is easy to setup.
              Yes, and many large companies have modelled their structure and saved their employees' data in directories like LDAP. So, this will be available some day but Hyperion is not that far yet.

René

Comment

RE:LDAP not necessary

Originally posted by Rene Stach View Post
                Yes, and many large companies have modelled their structure and saved their employees' data in directories like LDAP. So, this will be available some day but Hyperion is not that far yet.

René
                I was pleased to see at first that OX now uses mysql, but now I miss LDAP, coz I had integrated OX 0.8.2 with serveral others project, like a jabberserver, and samba. I googled around and I can see that samba could authenticate against mysql. but it use another table structure then what OX6 do, so that could be a challange. About my jabberserver, i dont know, I guess I must store the user information in two places [mysql for OX, and embedded db for jabber]

What is the status of OX6 and Ldap

Tronn

Comment

Same problem here.

We actually setup an Samba PDC with LDAP for Central User Authentification based on the OX 0.8.2 LDAP tree.

So OX6 Looks really nice, but without LDAP Support we couldn't upgrade or Migrate to OX6. So Please build in the LDAP support ASAP.

Comment

Perhaps you could finde your own way to connect ldap with mysql and contribute your solution

Daniel

Comment

Also, if you're well into java, you can use our authentication abstraction. You can pretty much plug in any authentication you like, but the users must still exist in both places (unless you want to plug around a lot more, also possible, but major surgery).

Comment

LDAP Impl

Which priority has this for the developer?
                        If its not the highest I'd like to do some work on this.

I have looked through the abstract classes LoginInfo, UserStorage ... etc. And i see some things already there for LDAP.

As i understood it's a really great design. User information an ox related informations can be separated

I have two questions on this:
                        1.) Can i start with the "old" ox5 schema or will the new one totally different?
                        2.) If ... ... if i get through this, where to post a patch? I can't find a product or version for Hyperion in Bugzilla.
                        But if it's there, please lead me to it. I can't see it

Any comments, hints are very welcome!

Comment

The bugzilla entry for OX: CH (Codename: Hyperion, I get tired typing it ;-] ) is the first one in bugzilla (Open-Xchange-Server), also at the end of this page you can find a neat-o bugreporting template:

I'd suggest you open an enhancement for the server and describe what you want to do, even before starting, just to make sure everyone notices it.

Comment

opened bug#6554 for this
                            maybe we can continue the talk there

Comment

Working...
                            X