Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• After Installation -> ERROR :confused:

Hello guys,
    i just wrote my problem down in english and german. So it will be easier to read for those who have problems reading and understanding english. =)

i am using CentOS 5.2 and installed OX Server 6 by the following guide:

Requirements

* Plain installed CentOS5 with latest updates
    * A configured internet connection

OX`s Version is: Build: 6.6.0-6610, 2008-09-26 11:03:23

Everything worked fine.

Now, after i logged into the server with the account "testuser", i get this error message:
    "Error in low level connection to sieve server (MAIL_FILTER-0014,62870748-229)"

When i click on E-Mail Button, i get the following message:
    "Missing parameter folder (MSG-0001,62870748-420)"

Well, then i tried to create/send an email for test to testuser and oxadmin and got the following error:
    "Connection was refused or timed out while attempting to connect to remote server 127.0.0.1 for user testuser (MSG-1016,62870748-236)"

Everything else seems to work. I can use the calendar, tasks, appointments, address book(plus global ab)... etc. and i can share it with other users.
    It seems that the mail system isn't working correctly, but i can`t solve the problem on my own.

Can anyone help me, please? I am pretty new in the world of Linux and have not much experience. =(

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
    DEUTSCH/GERMAN:

Habe ein CentOS 5.2 Linux mit OX Server 6 nach folgender Anleitung aufgesetzt:

OX`s Version: Build: 6.6.0-6610, 2008-09-26 11:03:23

Anforderungen habe ich erfüllt: "Nacktes" CentOS mit Internetverbindung.

Installation lief auch sauber durch.

Wenn ich mich nun auf den Server mit dem testuser einlogge, erhalte ich folgende Fehlermeldung:
    "Error in low level connection to sieve server (MAIL_FILTER-0014,62870748-229)"

Klicke ich auf E-Mail, erscheint folgende Meldung:
    "Fehlender Parameter folder (MSG-0001,62870748-420)"

Möchte ich nun eine mail testweise an testuser selbst oder oxadmin versenden, bricht es mit der MEldung ab:
    "Verbindung abgelehnt oder Zeitüberschreitung beim Versuch, eine Verbindung zum entfernten Server 127.0.0.1 für Benutzer testuser herzustellen (MSG-1016,62870748-421)"

Alles andere scheint zu funktionieren: Ich kann den Kalender nutzen, Aufgaben, Kontakte, Adressbuch... auch globale Geschichten kann ich mit anderen Usern teilen.
    Es sieht so aus als würde das Mailsystem irgendwie nicht funktionieren, aber allein kann ich das Problem leider nicht lösen.

Kann mir bitte jemand helfen? Ich bin relativ neu und unerfahren in der Linuxwelt. =(

Greetz
    MfG
    WahnsiNNN

In the first sentences of the HoWTo you used you can find this line:

The target of this guide is:

* To setup a single server installation
    * To setup a single Open-Xchange instance, no cluster
    * To setup a database for a single database service, no replication
    * To provide a basic configuration setup, no mailserver configuration
    --> You have to set up the mailserver yourself, a simple working example configuration can be found here, I think there are no big differences between Debian and CentOS:

If you need a product where mailserver, adminfrontend, spamfilter and other things are integrated - in two weeks it is officially released

Daniel

Comment

Thank you, Daniel! =)

Well, that helped me much. Does is matter if i set up the mailserver before or after OX? I think no?

A complete product would be very nice and i can`t await the release, but i still want to setup a working configuration on my own to learn about the system and to understand it also.

--> You have to set up the mailserver yourself, a simple working example configuration can be found here, I think there are no big differences between Debian and CentOS:

There seems to be a difference in the packages... I can find cyrus-imapd and postfix via yum but still haven`t found cyrus-admin.
      The sasl2-bin package seems to be cyrus-sasl in CentOS?

I will try to find a solution... maybe somebody knows about that?
      Last edited by Guest; 10-21-2008, 09:03 AM.

Comment

Hi,

the guide will not fit CentOS 1:1 thats why its titled "for Debian". However - there are tons of mailserver setup guides out there, also for centos - just look around a bit. Basically it does not matter what kind of mail and imap server you're using as long as they are standards compliant and/or supported. On the IMAP Server side we support Cyrus, Courier, Dovecot and UWIMAP2007 so far.

Greetings

Comment

Originally posted by wahnsinnn View Post
          A complete product would be very nice and i can`t await the release, but i still want to setup a working configuration on my own to learn about the system and to understand it also.
          Here is our Open-Xchange appliance edition:

Daniel

Comment

OK i was installed this OXA and when i try to login with Administrator account in open-xchange GUI i get this error:

"Error code: Login not possible at the moment. Please try again later. (LGI-0005,-451878483-31)"

What is wrong?

Thanks for help...

Comment

Now i get new error, when i try to login in OX Appliance with my username which i was created him before. When i pres "Login" i get this error:

"Error code: Cannot find context "example.si". (CTX-0010,-1132635908-7)"

What is wrong with context. I allow all options at default after install. I only create this user.
              Last edited by Guest; 10-24-2008, 12:50 PM.

Comment

Please explain step by step what you did.

Thanks,
                Daniel

Comment

http://www.open-xchange.com/en/produ...nce-edition-en
                  Is this edition for free or do i have to pay for it if i want to use it in my company?

Comment

http://www.open-xchange.com/en/produ...nce-edition-en
                    Is this edition for free or do i have to pay for it if i want to use it in my company?
                    ...and where can i download it? There is just an advice on the page that there will be DVD in a few days.

Well, i just want to get my own OX-Server working. I fixed the problem i described in the first post. Now i can send and receive mails. =)
                    If i'm right, there only has to be changed 1 line in each of 2 files but i don't know surely. Will test it soon with a complete new installation to be sure.
                    It could be the wrong socket in /etc/cyrus.conf and /etc/postfix/main.cf

I changed the existing socket(something like: /etc/postfix/privat/socket/lmtp) to the following:
                    /etc/cyrus.conf
                    lmtpunix cmd="lmtpd" listen="/var/lib/imap/socket/lmtp" prefork=1
                    and
                    /etc/postfix/main.cf
                    mailbox_transport = lmtp:unix:/var/lib/imap/socket/lmtp
                    Last edited by Guest; 10-27-2008, 03:13 PM.

Comment

Well... i did a mistake!

Well, i just want to get my own OX-Server working. I fixed the problem i described in the first post. Now i can send and receive mails. =)
                      If i'm right, there only has to be changed 1 line in each of 2 files but i don't know surely. Will test it soon with a complete new installation to be sure.
                      It could be the wrong socket in /etc/cyrus.conf and /etc/postfix/main.cf

I changed the existing socket(something like: /etc/postfix/privat/socket/lmtp) to the following:
                      /etc/cyrus.conf
                      lmtpunix cmd="lmtpd" listen="/var/lib/imap/socket/lmtp" prefork=1
                      and
                      /etc/postfix/main.cf
                      mailbox_transport = lmtp:unix:/var/lib/imap/socket/lmtp
                      THIS was only for sending/receiving mails. They were not delivered... waiting all the time in the mail queue. So, with this change they were delivered.

The Problem why the testuser and other users got the sieve error and mailbox error although SMTP and IMAP Server were installed and configured was that testuser wasn't created in Linux itself as user with the useradd command.
                      I created them with useradd and gave them the same password with passwd:
                      For example:

IMAP(Cyrus):
                      saslpasswd -c testuser
                      secret
                      cyradm --user cyrus --authz cyrus localhost
                      cm user/testuser
                      quit
                      Linux:
                      useradd testuser
                      passwd secret

OX:
                      /opt/open-xchange/sbin/createuser -c 1 -A oxadmin -P secret -u testuser \
                      -d "Test User" -g Test -s User -p secret -e testuser@example.com \
                      --imaplogin testuser --imapserver 127.0.0.1 --smtpserver 127.0.0.1
                      Postfix:
                      vim /etc/postfix/canonical
                      add following line:
                      testuser testuser@example.com OK

postmap hash:/etc/postfix/canonical

vim /etc/postfix/cyrus_recipients
                      add following line:
                      testuser OK

postmap hash:/etc/postfix/cyrus_recipients
                      After restarting all the services(i restarted the whole server) it worked. =)

Thank you Martin for your Mailserver-guide! =) It maybe works with Debian, not 100% with CentOS, but helped me quite good. So, i wrote my solution down for others who may have the same problem. Maybe there will be a more handsome solution. So please let me know. =)

Greetings

Comment

Originally posted by wahnsinnn View Post
                        No, it is not for free, have a look at the press release:

Daniel

Comment

Thanks Daniel.

So, at the moment this is not an option for me. I will work on setting up a whole working mailserver manually. As long as there is a community helping each other it should not be a big problem. =)

Comment

Is the installation for private use or for business use?

If there is not much budget for buying Appliance edition and it is in example for governemnt or education usage there are discounts...

Daniel

Comment

Originally posted by Daniel Halbe View Post
                              Is the installation for private use or for business use?

If there is not much budget for buying Appliance edition and it is in example for governemnt or education usage there are discounts...

Daniel
                              Our company is searching for an alternative to our existing mailing system, which is not very attractive, for our employees. We are a charitable institution. I think that there may be a small budget, but my task is firstly finding a solution which is for free.
                              Last edited by Guest; 10-30-2008, 12:48 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X