Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Noob problem with Creating Contexts

Hi,

I've finished installing the open-xchange server on my Cent OS 5 server following the open-xchange installation wiki, but for some reason I cannot create the default context. Every time I attempt to do so, it fails with error message

Code:
    context 0 could not be created:
    Server response:
     com.openexchange.admin.rmi.exceptions.OXContextException: Unable to find a suitable server
    Since I have followed every step in the server installation up to that step, I am not entirely sure what is wrong. The MySQL server is already running, with the open-xchange user added to database, and the schema is already in the database. I could also navigate to the ox login window by typing http://localhost/

Below is the log file generated after the error:

Nov 19, 2008 6:29:47 AM com.openexchange.admin.storage.mysqlStorage.OXCont extMySQLStorageCommon deleteContextFromConfigDB
    SEVERE: Unable to determine db_schema of context 0
    Nov 19, 2008 6:29:47 AM com.openexchange.admin.rmi.impl.OXContextCommonImp l createcommon
    SEVERE: com.openexchange.admin.rmi.exceptions.OXContextExc eption: Unable to find a suitable server
    com.openexchange.admin.rmi.exceptions.StorageExcep tion: com.openexchange.admin.rmi.exceptions.OXContextExc eption: Unable to find a suitable server
    at com.openexchange.admin.storage.mysqlStorage.OXCont extMySQLStorage.create(OXContextMySQLStorage.java: 1233)
    at com.openexchange.admin.rmi.impl.OXContext.createma incall(OXContext.java:712)
    at com.openexchange.admin.rmi.impl.OXContextCommonImp l.createcommon(OXContextCommonImpl.java:135)
    at com.openexchange.admin.rmi.impl.OXContext.create(O XContext.java:208)
    at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Nativ e Method)
    at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Native MethodAccessorImpl.java:39)
    at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(De legatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)
    at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:585)
    at sun.rmi.server.UnicastServerRef.dispatch(UnicastSe rverRef.java:294)
    at sun.rmi.transport.Transport$1.run(Transport.java:1 53)
    at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
    at sun.rmi.transport.Transport.serviceCall(Transport. java:149)
    at sun.rmi.transport.tcp.TCPTransport.handleMessages( TCPTransport.java:466)
    at sun.rmi.transport.tcp.TCPTransport$ConnectionHandl er.run(TCPTransport.java:707)
    at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:595)
    Caused by: com.openexchange.admin.rmi.exceptions.OXContextExc eption: Unable to find a suitable server
    at com.openexchange.admin.storage.mysqlStorage.OXCont extMySQLStorage.getNextDBHandleByWeight(OXContextM ySQLStorage.java:2020)
    at com.openexchange.admin.storage.mysqlStorage.OXCont extMySQLStorage.create(OXContextMySQLStorage.java: 1087)
    ... 14 more
    Nov 19, 2008 6:32:19 AM com.openexchange.admin.storage.mysqlStorage.OXCont extMySQLStorage create
    SEVERE: Context Error
    com.openexchange.admin.rmi.exceptions.OXContextExc eption: Unable to find a suitable server
    at com.openexchange.admin.storage.mysqlStorage.OXCont extMySQLStorage.getNextDBHandleByWeight(OXContextM ySQLStorage.java:2020)
    at com.openexchange.admin.storage.mysqlStorage.OXCont extMySQLStorage.create(OXContextMySQLStorage.java: 1087)
    at com.openexchange.admin.rmi.impl.OXContext.createma incall(OXContext.java:712)
    at com.openexchange.admin.rmi.impl.OXContextCommonImp l.createcommon(OXContextCommonImpl.java:135)
    at com.openexchange.admin.rmi.impl.OXContext.create(O XContext.java:208)
    at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Nativ e Method)
    at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Native MethodAccessorImpl.java:39)
    at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(De legatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)
    at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:585)
    at sun.rmi.server.UnicastServerRef.dispatch(UnicastSe rverRef.java:294)
    at sun.rmi.transport.Transport$1.run(Transport.java:1 53)
    at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
    at sun.rmi.transport.Transport.serviceCall(Transport. java:149)
    at sun.rmi.transport.tcp.TCPTransport.handleMessages( TCPTransport.java:466)
    at sun.rmi.transport.tcp.TCPTransport$ConnectionHandl er.run(TCPTransport.java:707)
    at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:595)
    Thanks!

Turns out I missed 2 steps in the tutorial. I needed to register the filestore and the database. The installation is working now.

Comment

Working...
    X