No announcement yet.

Error by first sync

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There has to be a problem with calling /opt/open-xchange/sbin/listuser.
    The Synctool calls /opt/open-xchange/sbin/listuser -c "1" -A administrator -P xxxxxx --csv .
    It should work manually.

Norbert
    Hello,
    i do this, but became the a error:

"Server response:
    com.openexchange.admin.rmi.exceptions.PoolExceptio n: DBP-0002 Category=8 Message=Resolving database for context 1 and server -1 not possible! exceptionID=-899570012-21
    "
    What is the problem... ?
    thx

P.S.: sorry for bad english...

Comment

Hm ... the manual call of the listuser works for me, but I get this error:

Can't use an undefined value as an ARRAY reference at /opt/oxldapsync/sbin/../lib/OX/User/Decorator.pm line 97.
      After removing the field name for aliases, I get it to work at least that far ...

One problem I'm having is that certain empty fields cause the createuser command to fail, specifically the birthday ... as createuser doesn't seem to be smart enough to not care about empty fields, wouldn't it be a good idea if ldapsync just kept from using fields that have no value on the LDAP side?

Comment

*Sigh* ...

After noticing that the default setup created accounts for every contact created in LDAP (porting from OX5), I added a filter (objectclass=person), which seems to be set only for regular users in OX5 ...

Now I get this error:

Modification of a read-only value attempted at /opt/oxldapsync/sbin/../lib/OX/User/Helper.pm line 232, <DATA> line 403.

Edit: After removing all the crap accounts I didn't want anyway, at least the error went away, too, which means the data in the OX6 database caused it ...

Turns out the filter didn't do what I needed, either, as the contacts are still used to create user accounts ...
        But maybe I'm doing something wrong ... I just re-checked the ldap dump ... one account that is created is based on an ldap entry that has these object classes assigned:

objectClass: inetOrgPerson
        objectClass: OXUserObject

My ldapsync.conf has this line:

# Custom filter for finding user
        userFilter = (objectClass=person)

Why does oxldapsync add this as a user account? The filter should prevent that from happening!?
        Last edited by Garry; 05-08-2009, 08:13 PM.

Comment

Try using objectclass=posixaccount or some other objectclass which is not used in the contact entries.

Comment

Weird - I didn't see the other objectclass listed for the contacts ... person does seem to work as intended, will see after it's through if it has most all of the active accounts, or too many ... Tnx!

Comment

Some observations ...

For one, while the accounts seem to have been created, another run of OXLdapSync does an update on all accounts, even if the LDAP database content hasn't changed ... I take it that is "normal", as the script doesn't/can't find out whether the actual data has changed or not ...

More importantly - how can I ensure that the IMAP accounts have been created? Sure, the first time a user logs in, Cyrus creates the required information - but until then, the account doesn't exist, which means it also can't receive any email ... multiply that problem with 700+ users ... sort of an organizational nightmare for the migration ... I reckon I will end up hacking a script to create the accounts based on the result of an ldap search or something, if nobody has come up with a solution to this yet ...

Now, even more importantly, out of what should be something well beyond 600 active accounts (haven't counted the exact number), only some 370 were actually added ... turns out, somehow many (all?) new accounts don't have a displayName property filled in the database ... turns out the creation script used on the OX5 system (OpenSource release) only filled cn, but not displayName ... So I guess I will need to switch to cn instead ... hope that doesn't break anything else ...

Comment

Originally posted by Daniel26 View Post
                Ok, the Sync is working now. My fault, I forgot to enter the correct Group-DN.

But now I can't log in with my Username and my Password. There are no entrys in any log about this process.
                Can anybody help me to debug this?
                I have the same problem!, Where is the group-DN

Joan

Comment

Working...
                X