Problem when sending with a different mail-account

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problem when sending with a different mail-account

I successfully installed the community edition server version 6.6.0-6610 on a virtual machine (XEN) on my new SUSE 11.0 (AMD 64-bit Dual-Core) - server.

It runs in a natted network at my home and uses my mydefault.account@mydomain_at_my_isp.com to relay mail through my ISP's mailserver, mails are received with fetchmail and I am very happy with it so far.

But whenever I use a different e-mail-adress than the default one to sent mail from the ox-web-interface, the mail receives the recipient like this:
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Von: myother.account@my_other_isp.com im Auftrag von My Name [mydefault.account@mydomain_at_my_isp.com]
    An: My Other-Name
    Betreff: blafasel
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------
    Maybe it's more a feature than a bug, though I don't like it very much.

What can I do, to make my mail appear at the recipient, like it was sent with my myother.account@my_other_isp.com's webmailer.

I am a afraid that this is the same "feature", that the also java-based googlemail.com-webmailer uses when sending with external mail-accounts.

Maybe that this behavior is hardcoded in the javamail sourcecode.

I'm hosting my own domain "help-it.org" on my own rootserver at STRATO, where I have my own staticly assigned public IP-adress.

I am also my own MAil-provider for my @help-it.org-mail-accounts.

Using my Outlook 2003 as a POP3-client of my postfix at my rootserver, I don't have that problem.

I can use myother.account@my_other_isp.com's as a sender-account and it is relayed through the help-it.org-postfix without any problems and reaches the recipient like it was send wth the myother.account@my_other_isp.com's webmailer.

I already tried to use my help-it.org-postfix as the smtp-server for my ox-server, wich was easily done. It worked like a charm, but didn't had any positv effect to my problem.

Is there a way to reconfigure OX to disable that "feature"?

Any hints are very welcome!

Thanks for reading my post!

susist
    Last edited by Guest; 12-03-2008, 02:28 PM. Reason: The title of the thread leads to a missunderstanding of the problem

Originally posted by susist View Post
    I successfully installed the community edition server version 6.6.0-6610 on a virtual machine (XEN) on my new SUSE 11.0 (AMD 64-bit Dual-Core) - server.

It runs in a natted network at my home and uses my mydefault.account@mydomain_at_my_isp.com to relay mail through my ISP's mailserver, mails are received with fetchmail and I am very happy with it so far.

But whenever I use a different e-mail-adress than the default one to sent mail from the ox-web-interface, the mail receives the recipient like this:
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Von: myother.account@my_other_isp.com im Auftrag von My Name [mydefault.account@mydomain_at_my_isp.com]
    An: My Other-Name
    Betreff: blafasel
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------
    Maybe it's more a feature than a bug, though I don't like it very much.
    That's must be a feature of your isp.
    The ox webmailer does not do that.

Comment

Maybe you didn't got me right

Your answer is probably correct, when the question would have been:
      Problems while sending mail with another OX-E-Mail-Account on the ox-server.

So I changed the title of the thread now.

But In between, I doublechecked again everything and managed to find a solution, which I can live with:

When I switch the specific alais-e-mail-adress to the the standard-alias-e-mailadress before sending with it, the mail reaches the recipient the way I want.

You can configure your default E-Mail-Adress within the User-Web-Interface at:

Einstellungen(Settings) - E-Mail - Einstellungen(Settings) - verfassen(edit) - dropdown-menue "Standard-Absender-Adresse"(standard-sender-adress)

Everything is OK now again, but I'm quite shore that I'm right, when I think, that sending Mails with non-Standard-Adresses always leads to a "im Auftrag von" (by order of) in the header, is hardcoded in OX and not caused by the SMTP-Server of my relay-account.

It would be nice if there would be a possibility to en- or disable this "feature" for non-standard-e-mai-adresses within the clients settings for e-mail in future releases.

Comment

Originally posted by susist View Post
        You can configure your default E-Mail-Adress within the User-Web-Interface at:

Einstellungen(Settings) - E-Mail - Einstellungen(Settings) - verfassen(edit) - dropdown-menue "Standard-Absender-Adresse"(standard-sender-adress)

Everything is OK now again, but I'm quite shore that I'm right, when I think, that sending Mails with non-Standard-Adresses always leads to a "im Auftrag von" (by order of) in the header, is hardcoded in OX and not caused by the SMTP-Server of my relay-account.
        That's at least not the behaviour in the ox as we use it on our own internally and I'm quite sure, that we don't ship a special other version to the outside... ;-)

Comment

Hi,

i must reopen this topic.
          I'Ve exact the same problem.
          I've got a user with 5 mail aliases
          If this user sends a mail with one alias the recipient gets a mail from the default mail adress and only in mission of the alias.

This is sure a ox problem, ox sets the sender bit in the header to the default mail.

This is a significant problem because we could not use openxchange if this persists...

greetings

Philipp

Comment

Hi,

i must push this.

if i send a mail with RoundCubeWebmail and a non standard e-mail adress, everything is fine, if i do this in ox webmail, the recipient get the mail in mission of my standard e-mail adress

how can i change that?

Comment

Maybe a similar problem here: Default domain of the server is domain.de and the users have Primary E-Mail Address like user1@t1.domain.de or user2@t2.domain.de. But everytime the users are sending mail, the sender's address changed to user1@domain.de or user2@domain.de even if the user hasn't a mail alias for that mail address. And this is if the users are sending mail via the OX webgui or using an IMAP client like thunderbird.

Regards,
              Ralf

Comment

Originally posted by McNail View Post
                Maybe a similar problem here: Default domain of the server is domain.de and the users have Primary E-Mail Address like user1@t1.domain.de or user2@t2.domain.de. But everytime the users are sending mail, the sender's address changed to user1@domain.de or user2@domain.de even if the user hasn't a mail alias for that mail address. And this is if the users are sending mail via the OX webgui or using an IMAP client like thunderbird.

Regards,
                Ralf
                I found it by myself: I had to change the postfix setting masquerade_domains in /etc/postfix/main.cf. This was by default set to
                masquerade_domains = $mydomain

Easiest way is to change this by editing the corresponding registry value "postfix/masquerade/domains" and set it empty. Restart postfix afterthat and it works.

Regards,
                Ralf

Comment

Working...
                X