Homepage | Products | OX Knowledge Base | Support | Try Now | Contact | Company
OX Logo
    its Guest

Default Error "No server registered with name" when creating context

Hello,

I installed OX in Suse 10.3 and followed all the installation steps more than once now, but I can not pass the create context step.

When I execute /opt/open-xchange/sbin/createcontext I get "No server registered with name=server" as error.
    In fact I registered a server called "openxchange" while doing /opt/open-xchange/sbin/registerserver.

"server" is one of the host names entered in the /etc/hosts file.

Does anybody have any idea how to proceed?

In installation guide I read "In detail i. e., --servername should not be a
    machine/DNS name as it is an OX internal name used to identify OX systems." thats why I have exlicitly choosen a different name.

Many thanks.
    Its

Carsten Hoeger is offline Open-Xchange Professional Services

Please check your open-xchange logs in /var/log/open-xchange/open-xchange-admin.log.0
    OXpedia.org - the answer to almost all questions.

its Guest

Default /var/log/open-xchange/open-xchange-admin.log.0

The entries with regard to the last action.
    Others happened more than one hour before so they can not belong to the last installation:

Code:
    Dec 5, 2008 7:56:14 PM com.openexchange.admin.storage.mysqlStorage.OXContextMySQLStorage create
    SEVERE: Storage Error
    com.openexchange.admin.rmi.exceptions.StorageException: No server registered with name=server
            at com.openexchange.admin.storage.mysqlStorage.OXContextMySQLStorageCommon.getMyServerID(OXContextMySQLStorageCommon.java:497)
            at com.openexchange.admin.storage.mysqlStorage.OXContextMySQLStorageCommon.fillContextServer2DBPool(OXContextMySQLStorageCommon.java:523)
            at com.openexchange.admin.storage.mysqlStorage.OXContextMySQLStorageCommon.fillContextAndServer2DBPool(OXContextMySQLStorageCommon.java:362)
            at com.openexchange.admin.storage.mysqlStorage.OXContextMySQLStorage.create(OXContextMySQLStorage.java:1123)
            at com.openexchange.admin.rmi.impl.OXContext.createmaincall(OXContext.java:712)
            at com.openexchange.admin.rmi.impl.OXContextCommonImpl.createcommon(OXContextCommonImpl.java:135)
            at com.openexchange.admin.rmi.impl.OXContext.create(OXContext.java:208)
            at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor7.invoke(Unknown Source)
            at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)
            at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:585)
            at sun.rmi.server.UnicastServerRef.dispatch(UnicastServerRef.java:294)
            at sun.rmi.transport.Transport$1.run(Transport.java:153)
            at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
            at sun.rmi.transport.Transport.serviceCall(Transport.java:149)
            at sun.rmi.transport.tcp.TCPTransport.handleMessages(TCPTransport.java:466)
            at sun.rmi.transport.tcp.TCPTransport$ConnectionHandler.run(TCPTransport.java:707)
            at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:595)
    Dec 5, 2008 7:56:14 PM com.openexchange.admin.storage.mysqlStorage.OXContextMySQLStorageCommon deleteContextFromConfigDB
    SEVERE: Unable to determine db_schema of context 1
    Dec 5, 2008 7:56:14 PM com.openexchange.admin.rmi.impl.OXContextCommonImpl createcommon
    SEVERE: No server registered with name=server
    com.openexchange.admin.rmi.exceptions.StorageException: No server registered with name=server
            at com.openexchange.admin.storage.mysqlStorage.OXContextMySQLStorageCommon.getMyServerID(OXContextMySQLStorageCommon.java:497)
            at com.openexchange.admin.storage.mysqlStorage.OXContextMySQLStorageCommon.fillContextServer2DBPool(OXContextMySQLStorageCommon.java:523)
            at com.openexchange.admin.storage.mysqlStorage.OXContextMySQLStorageCommon.fillContextAndServer2DBPool(OXContextMySQLStorageCommon.java:362)
            at com.openexchange.admin.storage.mysqlStorage.OXContextMySQLStorage.create(OXContextMySQLStorage.java:1123)
            at com.openexchange.admin.rmi.impl.OXContext.createmaincall(OXContext.java:712)
            at com.openexchange.admin.rmi.impl.OXContextCommonImpl.createcommon(OXContextCommonImpl.java:135)
            at com.openexchange.admin.rmi.impl.OXContext.create(OXContext.java:208)
            at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor7.invoke(Unknown Source)
            at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)
            at sun.rmi.server.UnicastServerRef.dispatch(UnicastServerRef.java:294)
            at sun.rmi.transport.Transport$1.run(Transport.java:153)
            at sun.rmi.transport.Transport.serviceCall(Transport.java:149)
            at sun.rmi.transport.tcp.TCPTransport.handleMessages(TCPTransport.java:466)
            at sun.rmi.transport.tcp.TCPTransport$ConnectionHandler.run(TCPTransport.java:707)

And /opt/open-xchange/sbin/listserver lists the server?

its Guest

Code:
    /opt/open-xchange/sbin/listserver
    servers could not be listed:
    Server response:
     Authentication failed

/var/log/open-xchange/open-xchange-admin.log.0
    Dec 8, 2008 10:29:20 AM com.openexchange.admin.rmi.impl.BasicAuthenticator doAuthentication
    SEVERE: Master authentication for user: null
    com.openexchange.admin.rmi.exceptions.InvalidCrede ntialsException: Authentication failed
    at com.openexchange.admin.rmi.impl.BasicAuthenticator .doAuthentication(BasicAuthenticator.java:95)
    at com.openexchange.admin.rmi.impl.OXUtil.listServer( OXUtil.java:474)
    at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Nativ e Method)
    at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Native MethodAccessorImpl.java:39)
    at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(De legatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)
    at sun.rmi.server.UnicastServerRef.dispatch(UnicastSe rverRef.java:294)
    at sun.rmi.transport.Transport$1.run(Transport.java:1 53)
    at sun.rmi.transport.Transport.serviceCall(Transport. java:149)
    at sun.rmi.transport.tcp.TCPTransport.handleMessages( TCPTransport.java:466)
    at sun.rmi.transport.tcp.TCPTransport$ConnectionHandl er.run(TCPTransport.java:707)

Either you need to specify the oxadmin master account and it's credentials or you need to disable master authentication in /opt/open-xchange/etc/admindaemon/AdminDaemon.properties.

The admin master account has been created by the oxinstaller using the arguments --master-user and --master-pass

its Guest

I tried if with both specifing --master-user and --master-pass and disabled master authenication with same result - no difference to before.

When I register a server called "server" I get a different error
    Code:
    Server response:
     com.openexchange.admin.rmi.exceptions.PoolException: DBP-0002 Category=8 Message=Resolving database for context 1 and server 2 not possible! exceptionID=-456673299-34
    I tried other groupware installations before but on non I spent so much time to get it installed. I'm nearly close to give up. Nevertheless the support is good here.

Thanks so far.

Hello,

I think it is the same error we discussed here already before. Sometimes the key "SERVER_NAME" in "<ox6-dir>/etc/system.properties" is not right set. Then it is for OX6 not possible to get the right values from the database. Hopefully I am right and your probs are gone.

mmlitz

its Guest

Hi

seems to be something different ... I tried both names, synchonized names in these settings ... but no difference.

I'm giving up for now ... concentrate on some other work ... maybe I try later again.

Thanks for your help.

Every open-xchange installation requires to register

1. an ox server
    2. a database
    3. a filestore

When 1. does not work, nothing else will work.
    The server name must be the same as set in /opt/open-xchange/etc/{admindaemon,groupware}/system.properties.

The password and account name specified for any of register{server,database,filestore} must be the same as set using oxinstaller.