Error: 503 - Service Temporarily Unavailable

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Martin Braun View Post
    Thanks for providing those logs. The ubuntu log seems not to be complete from what i can see - or is that all what is written to the log? The FC9 log looks okay, the user can login but a lot of errors are thrown because the mail account cannot be reached. I suppose FC9 works fine.
    If the ubuntu log is "complete" then we may have a problem since not all plug-ins (bundles) are loaded. Please execute the following command on that machine and post it:
    Code:

/opt/open-xchange/sbin/listbundles
    dpkg -la | grep open-xchange
    Greetings
    Yes the 45 line open-xchange.log.0 file is complete, this is all that gets written to it when open-xchange gets started by booting.

I can't find listbundle on either system and couldn't find how to obtain it. I've attached the output from dpkg -la | grep open-xchange.
    Running rpm -qa | grep open-xchange on the working FC9 system gives an additional 6 rpms over and above the ubuntu bundles:

open-xchange-charset
    open-xchange-i18n
    open-xchange-jcharset
    open-xchange-mailfilter
    open-xchange-online-help-fr
    open-xchange-sessiond

I hope this helps.

Best regards, Douglas Laing, Johannesburg

Comment

Hi,

please install all packages for 6.8 mentioned at the installation guides. With missing mandatory packages the system will not work properly. Please doublecheck if the packages are _really_ installed ("ii" status at dpkg -la).

//edit:
      I just read that you've installed the 6.10 snapshot packages, 6.10 is not SP5, SP5 == 6.8.1.

Greetings
      Last edited by Martin Heiland; 07-15-2009, 12:14 AM.

Comment

Installed missing packages and eliminated error 503

Originally posted by Martin Braun View Post
        Hi,

please install all packages for 6.8 mentioned at the installation guides. With missing mandatory packages the system will not work properly. Please doublecheck if the packages are _really_ installed ("ii" status at dpkg -la).

//edit:
        I just read that you've installed the 6.10 snapshot packages, 6.10 is not SP5, SP5 == 6.8.1.

Greetings
        Thank you Martin. I compared the packages listed in the "for SP5" section of the "Open-Xchange Server 6 on Ubuntu 8.04" installation guide with the output of dpkg -la and then ran aptitude install for 10 missing packages.

aptitude install open-xchange-admin-doc \
        open-xchange-admin-plugin-hosting-doc open-xchange-charset \
        open-xchange-control open-xchange-group-managerequest \
        open-xchange-i18n open-xchange-jcharset open-xchange-mailfilter \
        open-xchange-online-help-fr open-xchange-sessiond

I did not and still don't understand the difference between SP5 and 6.10

503 problem solved. Thanks again

Douglas Laing, Johannesburg

Comment

503 error after update solved : re-installed all packages and verified permissions

Hello

Thanks to Martin and idgl I solved my problem but i'm not sure what ti was :

In fact I was trying to install version 6.10 but it seems it is not available yet for community edition. (Please, correct me if I'm wrong...)

as idgl told us, I compared my dpkg -la output to the packages list provided by martin and installed the missing ones.

At this point my OpenXchange Server was not working yet:
          I had permission errors in openxchange osgi logs.
          Made a
          Code:
          chown -R open-xchange:open-xchange /opt/open-xchange/etc/groupware/
          and everything works fine ! 503 Problem solved Too.

Thanks guys !

I'm just wondering why version 6.6.0-6610 is displayed before I log in.

GUI Version: 6.6.0-6610
          Server Version: 6.8.1-6811

Is this normal ?

My configuration :
          Ubuntu 8.04 LTS Server
          Java 1.5
          all open-xchange packages version 6.8.1-3 except open-xchange-dataretention (6.8.1-4) and open-xchange-jcharset (1.3.0-38)

Regards,

Kaliweed (France)
          Last edited by Guest; 07-15-2009, 05:52 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by kaliweed View Post
            GUI Version: 6.6.0-6610
            Please clear your browsers cache.

Comment

Cleared cache but nothing changed....

Thanks Martin for your help,

I cleared the cache but nothing has changed.
              I followed the wiki to make the update (http://www.open-xchange.com/wiki/ind...or_Ubuntu_8.04)

I'm upgrading OpenXchange for the first time so I may have made a mistake.
              I updated all packages with apt-get but i did not run oxinstaller or any other script.

During update, I kept my config files (like server.properties and others...) as described here : http://www.open-xchange.com/wiki/ind...tingOXPackages

The update seems to be active because some changes have been made (Infostore link has been removed and the external collected adresses folder has been created in my contacts folder)

It may be a caption error....
              What do you think about it ?

regards,

kaliweed (France)

Comment

Hi,

there is no need to run the oxinstaller script again. When updating packages, a dialog should be shown which asks to replace or keep the old configuration. IMHO the best practice is to overwrite the configuration, check the new values and overwrite them where customizations have been made. When overwriting the configuration, a dpkg-old file is created for each config file containing the old configuration. You can "diff" them with the new configuration files to see the differences.
                About that UI version, are you sure the open-xchange gui package has been updated and replaced the prior UI? check that with dpkg -la | grep open-xchange-gui, it should show a 6.8.1 version number.

Greetings

Comment

Hi,

During update, i made a diff for each new file and modified the old files according to diff output.

dpkg -la returns
                  ii open-xchange-gui 6.8.1-3

I don't know why...

Open Xchange is working, so it 's not very important....

Thanks again.

kaliweed

Comment

Try a restart

Hello,

Got the same problem on opensuse for ox6, just did a restart and everything went right, ox6 up and kicking.

Code:
                    www:~ # rcopen-xchange-groupware status
                    Checking for service open-xchange-groupware                         dead
                    www:~ # rcopen-xchange-groupware restart
                    Shutting down open-xchange-groupware                                  done
                    Starting open-xchange-groupware                                           done
                    www:~ # rcopen-xchange-groupware status
                    Checking for service open-xchange-groupware                         running
                    www:~ #

Comment

Working...
                    X