Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How perform the ox-start?

How can I perform the oxae-start?

The loaded programs are so big that it takes 50 seconds via a 1 MBit/s-DSL.

With every closed browser-sessions all resources are deleted and fresh loaded while open a new session. It seems that the resources are not cached because I don't clear the cache while closing the browser.
    The differences between http an https-load are marginal.

Are there any opportunities to perform the oxae-start?

50 seconds is too long for a 1 MBps Line, perhaps the line is heavily used from other applications?

Please check with a tool like Firebug (Tab Network) if it is really the loading of files that takes long or if perhaps the execution of the javaScript takes long.

Is the client perhaps a very old / slow client like a Pentium II with 128 MB RAM?

Best regards,
    Daniel

Comment

Hi,

it is possible that this is caused by apache not having mod_deflate or mod_expires loaded as module, could you check this? Either by taking a look at the http headers or checking apache2ctl -M at the console.

Greetings

Comment

Hi, Martin,

thank You for hints. I've make tests between different connections on different test- and productive-systems via different connections with diffent browsers while the server is running as a VirtualMachine and on a real machine. The results are the same.

Your hint to check the apache-modules lists the following:
        core_module (static)
        log_config_module (static)
        logio_module (static)
        mpm_prefork_module (static)
        http_module (static)
        so_module (static)
        alias_module (shared)
        auth_basic_module (shared)
        auth_pam_module (shared)
        authn_file_module (shared)
        authz_default_module (shared)
        authz_groupfile_module (shared)
        authz_host_module (shared)
        authz_user_module (shared)
        autoindex_module (shared)
        cgi_module (shared)
        deflate_module (shared)
        dir_module (shared)
        env_module (shared)
        expires_module (shared)
        headers_module (shared)
        jk_module (shared)
        mime_module (shared)
        negotiation_module (shared)
        php5_module (shared)
        proxy_module (shared)
        proxy_ajp_module (shared)
        rewrite_module (shared)
        setenvif_module (shared)
        ssl_module (shared)
        status_module (shared)
        unique_id_module (shared)

So I think the modules are installed.
        The installed image is the original openxchange-image based on univention.

Thanks for help.
        Last edited by Guest; 01-05-2009, 09:11 PM.

Comment

The installed image is the original openxchange-image based on univention.
          With latest Online Update installed?

Daniel

Comment

Originally posted by Daniel Halbe View Post
            With latest Online Update installed?

Daniel
            YES! I've just checked, YES!

the real upload-speed of this DSL6000 in our location is between 340 - 360 Kbit/s (the real download-speed is 5,8 MBit/s), so is this the max. speed to serve the programs to the connected hosts. And the download-speed of this hosts is between 1MBit/s up to 5,8 MBit/s (depending what the subscription is) => so the max. speed is the min. speed! That is the problem of asynchronous connections. But is there not another way to perform the ox-start than change to a synchronous DSL?
            Last edited by Guest; 01-06-2009, 11:08 PM.

Comment

Hi,

hosting servers does mostly require a symmetrical internet connection or at least 2-10mbps upload speed, thats valid for nearly all kind of hosted application. 340kbps is clearly too low if you expect fast loading times at the clients.

Comment

that's life

So there isn`t a other way (that was my question) to perform the ox-start than increasing upload-speed on server-site?!

Comment

Well, the GUI needs about 950kB of data loaded from the server when using deflate - that is one hard-limit for the available performance depending on the down/upload speed of the client/server. As i said before you could check the HTTP header if the webserver really uses mod_deflate and mod_expires - for example by using firebug and examinating the response headers at the console tab. Some indicators:

Expires: Sat, 06 May 1995 12:00:00 GMT -> mod_expires works
                  Content-Encoding: gzip -> mod_deflate works

Greetings

Comment

firebug check

I've installed firebug-plugin and log the loading of https://server.domain.tld/ox6 until login-screen and after the login. At the console tab of firebug (I hope I understand what You mean) I've searched for strings "deflate" or "expire" and no entries are found. So it could be that the modules are not working? But I've done the same with the demo-version of OX6 from open-xchange.com and also not found these strings?

Comment

see the attached image
                      Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                      X