Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

help: Error code: Messaging error: Expected ";", got "," (MSG-0021,-1239009832-1108)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• help: Error code: Messaging error: Expected ";", got "," (MSG-0021,-1239009832-1108)

dear open-xchange experts,

first of all: thanks for this great groupware application, it works great for us for nearly half a year now.

however, today i ran into a problem related to forwarding an email (in general this is work, it is just this one particular mail that exhibits this problem as far as i see). the ox web frontend will complain

Error code: Messaging error: Expected ";", got "," (MSG-0021,-1239009832-1108)

(also see attached screenshot)

any ideas how to fix this / what causes this?

thanks and keep up the great work,

guenter
    Attached Files
    Last edited by goofy; 01-08-2009, 12:02 PM.

Hi,

thanks for the report - is it possible to hand over this e-mail to us? If it contains non-public data, you could also send it directly to me martin.braun[at]open-xchange.com. Please use a .eml export or something else to maintain the data structure of the original e-mail.

Greetings.

Comment

Hi,

we where able to reproduce the problem, the issue is a parameterized header that contains a comma character but no quotes around it. For example:

Code:
      Content-Disposition: attachment;
      	filename="test.xxx";
      	size=1337;
      	creation-date=Wed, 07 Jan 2009 17:29:20 GMT;
      	modification-date=Wed, 07 Jan 2009 17:25:27 GMT
      note that "Wed, 07" contains a delimiter character (the comma) but is not set into quotes. This leads to the reported error message - we assume a ; as delimiter character but , is read because quotes are missing. We're investigating if there is a possible workaround, from the technical side the E-Mail is not standards compliant, but i guess the recipient does not care about that stuff, he just wants to read his mail...

thanks again for this report
      Martin

Comment

The problem has been fixed and will be available with the next release.

Comment

Working...
        X