NullPointerException in mail filter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NullPointerException in mail filter

I get the later Exception when i try to configure the mail filter. The filter was created by squirrelmail.

In the web gui i can not create or edit filter rules.

i have installed the open-xchange community edition (Build: 6.6.0-6620, 2008-12-02 08:51:15 ) on ubuntu hardy (8.04) LTS using cyrus-2.2.13 on another server.

Jan 9 22:28:00 wwwdmz 2009-01-09 22:28:00,151 open-xchange-groupware ERROR [com.openexchange.ajp13.AJPv13Listener][AJPListener-00002]: com.openexch
    ange.ajp13.AJPv13Listener,run AJP-0001 Category=7 Message=[Not available] exceptionID=391959397-18
    Jan 9 22:28:00 wwwdmz AJP-0001 Category=7 Message=[Not available] exceptionID=391959397-18
    Jan 9 22:28:00 wwwdmz at com.openexchange.ajp13.AJPv13Listener.run(AJPv13Li stener.java:310)
    Jan 9 22:28:00 wwwdmz at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:595)
    Jan 9 22:28:00 wwwdmz aused by: java.lang.NullPointerException
    Jan 9 22:28:00 wwwdmz at com.openexchange.jsieve.SieveHandler.getActiveScri pt(SieveHandler.java:433)
    Jan 9 22:28:00 wwwdmz at com.openexchange.mailfilter.ajax.actions.Mailfilte rAction.actionList(MailfilterAction.java:246)
    Jan 9 22:28:00 wwwdmz at com.openexchange.mailfilter.ajax.actions.Mailfilte rAction.actionList(MailfilterAction.java:98)
    Jan 9 22:28:00 wwwdmz at com.openexchange.mailfilter.ajax.actions.AbstractA ction.action(AbstractAction.java:97)
    Jan 9 22:28:00 wwwdmz at com.openexchange.mailfilter.ajax.AJAXServlet.doGet (AJAXServlet.java:192)
    Jan 9 22:28:00 wwwdmz at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet .java:596)
    Jan 9 22:28:00 wwwdmz at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet .java:689)
    Jan 9 22:28:00 wwwdmz at com.openexchange.ajp13.AJPv13Request.response(AJPv 13Request.java:120)
    Jan 9 22:28:00 wwwdmz at com.openexchange.ajp13.AJPv13RequestHandler.create Response(AJPv13RequestHandler.java:466)
    Jan 9 22:28:00 wwwdmz at com.openexchange.ajp13.AJPv13Connection.createResp onse(AJPv13Connection.java:197)
    Jan 9 22:28:00 wwwdmz at com.openexchange.ajp13.AJPv13Listener.run(AJPv13Li stener.java:268)
    Jan 9 22:28:00 wwwdmz ... 1 more
    J

Hi,

could you please post a sieve script that is causing those issues?

Greetings

Comment

Sorry about my late answer. But i had not much time.

I habe investigated a little bit and found out. That the problem is our imap murder installation. If i use one imap server (cluster) directly instead of the imap gateway as sieve server it will work. But this would not make sense because only the imap gateway will switch to the correct imap server on which the account is stored.

Another Problem is, that the filter UI does show a list with filter entries without a name but a checkbox.

cheers

Ingo

Comment

Hi,

is it possible for you to send a tcpdump of the communication between OX and the murder installation, when the error occurs? (Note: You should change the password to a dummy password before, because this can be seen in the dump).

I see the error in the communication handling, but as I have no murder installation here, it is not possible for me to adjust the handling.

For the UI part: The name is intentionally left blank, because the name is only filled by OX. We've enhanced the sieve scripts by comments in which we store the name of a rule. Because the sieve rfc doesn't specify names for rules.

The comments look like this:
        ## Flag: vacation|UniqueId:0|Rulename: Vacation Notice

These comments are only written and read by OX. So if you come from squirrelmail the names will stay blank until you first enter a name in the OX frontend, which will add the comment to the rule for the future.

HTH,

Dennis

Comment

raw tcpdump file

Hi i have added a raw tcpdump file.

Here some information about the infrastructure:

10.1.0.8 - apache with open-xchange groupware
          10.1.0.14 - imap frontend (gateway)
          10.1.0.10 - imap server (node)
          10.1.0.13 - imap murder update server

i hope that these information would be usefull for you.

best regards
          Attached Files

Comment

Thank you for the dump.

It seems like something is wrong with the dump or it is missing some data. In packet 4 I see a half welcome message of the Managesieve Server (the further parts are missing) and in the next packet the communication starts in the middle of the client communication to the server. Here again is somethings missing this time the initial part. All in all this dump doesn't help me, because the interesting things are missing. I assume you have cut out the parts with username and password but did cut too much.

It would be great if you can send a second dump file. But this time just create a test user with a dummy password. This way you can saftely attach the whole communication.

Thanks in advance,

Dennis

Comment

tcpdump file

Hi Denis,

i have not manipulated the file i just compressed it and transfered it to my workstation for uploading.

I will check it in the evening and try to create a new one.

best regards

Comment

Working...
              X