Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Broadcom BCM5708

Hello,

it seems like the installer of UCS has some trouble with the Broadcom NetXtreme II BCM5708 Networkcard. Which gives me a lot of trouble, cuz i'm not able to install OX at all.

It seem like the Installer is not able to properly load the bnx2 module and therefore can not start the NIC. And since the NIC does not start, the Services are not configured right at all. Forinstance the installer stalls at 67open-xchange-framework.inst (don't remember the right name, but it was something like this). There it is waiting for the services to come up, but they cant since the is no NIC..... screwed!!!

Is there another Way to install OX or UCS with a broadcom netxtreme??
    I read a topic in the forum that states that there is a known problem with Ubuntu, but this topic doesn't solve my problem!

Hi,

please take a look at the Univention forums for network hardware related issues:
    Help, discussion and community around products from Univention

Greetings

Comment

Would it be possible to install OX on a different OS, and also get the GUI?

Or better where do I then get the Installation support? Could you please give me a telefonnumber where to call.
      Last edited by Guest; 01-12-2009, 01:11 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by benjamin View Post
        Would it be possible to install OX on a different OS, and also get the GUI?

Or better where do I then get the Installation support? Could you please give me a telefonnumber where to call.
        The possible support offerings are listed there:

Comment

Well so I guess I brought a product, which won't even install... and it seems noone can tell me where I get the "Installation support" I also bought with the product.

Cuz installing any another Distro on the server (i.e. Debian Etch) works just fine!
          Good Work ...

Comment

Originally posted by benjamin View Post
            Well so I guess I brought a product, which won't even install... and it seems noone can tell me where I get the "Installation support" I also bought with the product.

Cuz installing any another Distro on the server (i.e. Debian Etch) works just fine!
            Good Work ...
            To contact our support, use the support contact link as
            available in the support menu on our website:

Comment

Sorry, my reaction was not right in the first place, but I'm a litte upset cuz i'm sitting at this very problem since saturday.

Your support told me to test a normal version of UCS, I did so and this version detects the card just fine. The guy from the support stated, that this issue seems to be related with udev so I wonder why there ain't udev support on the OXAE iso...

Well well, lets see how this works out.

Comment

Hi Benjamin,

thanks for your call - I'll answer your email as discussed.

Users of our commercial products are always welcome to contact me directly - the forum is not the best place to discuss urgent issues.

I'm sure we get your system up and running for you

Best regards,
                Daniel

Comment

Working...
                X