X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to hide appointments not attending in Outlook

Hi,

we're using OX6SE with Outlook 2003 and have an issue:
    if someone gets invited to an appointment and is setting the appointment to "not attending", the appointment still shows in his Outlook calendar. With a lot of appointments this gets confusing for the user!
    Is there a way to hide this type of appointments (couldn't find anything to that)?

Thanks!

Hi,

this use case is tricky - what if the user changes his mind and wants to attend to this appointment again? If he cannot access it in any way then he could not do this. However, on ox side there is no option to remove such appointments, sorry.

Greetings

Comment

Thanks for the reply,

however, let's imagine a user that gets a lot of appointment invitations that he does not want to attend. After a short while how can the user reasonably use his calendar anymore because he cannot tell which appointments are "real" and which not?! If you see e.g. 7 or 8 appointments per day and only 3 are real, how to tell?

Possible solution: do you have an idea how these type of appointments could be hidden in Outlook?
      I know there are options to filter within a view but I'm not able to find the correct definition for such a filter (-> filter all appointments where I'm attendee but set status to not attend).
      Would be nice if some Outlook expert has an idea because otherwise the usage of OX is not possible?! How do other users handle this szenario?

Comment

What about this:
        If the user does not want to attend, he modifies the appointment and removes himself from the participant list.

Comment

Unfortunately, this option is not shown with the OXtender plugin when an invitation arrives (email inbox).
          So, removing the user himself from invited appointments he would need to switch to his calendar, searching for the appointment, opening the appointment and then remove from participants. For each invitation that he/she receives, unnecessary cumbersome, I think.
          A filter of the calendar view would leave the option to reject invitations with one click (in email inbox), it's just the problem of correctly defining the filter rule. Maybe someone of the OX team is capable of defining such filter in Outlook and share this information?!
          Thanks!

Comment

Working...
          X