Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OX inside a vServer Instance

Hello

I'm currently trying to get the following setup running, Debian Etch 64bit, OX 6.8 inside a vServer instance only reachable trough a reverse proxy and i simply can't get the 2 ox daemon's to work propably.

the admin daemon tries to bind the jmx port to the external address of the server which is not visable nor accessable from the vserver instance and i simply have no idea where the ox takes the address from. it also seems to be ignoring the JMX_BIND_ADDRESS parameter in 'etc/admindaemon/plugin/hosting.properties', regardless of what i set it to the error stays the same.

open-xchange-admin.log.0
    Code:
    SEVERE: Error starting the JMX Server
    java.io.IOException: Cannot bind to URL [rmi://localhost:9998/server]: javax.naming.NoPermissionException [Root exception is java.rmi.ServerException: RemoteException occurred in server thread; nested exception is:
            java.rmi.AccessException: Registry.Registry.bind disallowed; origin /193.170.188.105 is non-local host]
    but the jmx port gets opened
    Code:
    tcp        0      0 localhost:9998          *:*                     LISTEN     9770/java
    now if i try to start the groupware daemon i get the following similar error

open-xchange.log.0
    Code:
    SEVERE: JMX-0008 Category=8 Message=An I/O error occurred: Cannot bind to URL [rmi://192.168.0.4:9999/server]: javax.naming.NoPermissionException [Root exception is java.rmi.ServerException: RemoteException occurred in server thread; ne$
            java.rmi.AccessException: Registry.Registry.bind disallowed; origin /193.170.188.105 is non-local host] exceptionID=-1120510189-1
    JMX-0008 Category=8 Message=An I/O error occurred: Cannot bind to URL [rmi://192.168.0.4:9999/server]: javax.naming.NoPermissionException [Root exception is java.rmi.ServerException: RemoteException occurred in server thread; nested exc$
            java.rmi.AccessException: Registry.Registry.bind disallowed; origin /193.170.188.105 is non-local host] exceptionID=-1120510189-1
    Code:
    Caused by: java.io.IOException: Cannot bind to URL [rmi://192.168.0.4:9999/server]: javax.naming.NoPermissionException [Root exception is java.rmi.ServerException: RemoteException occurred in server thread; nested exception is:
            java.rmi.AccessException: Registry.Registry.bind disallowed; origin /193.170.188.105 is non-local host]
    192.168.0.4 is the internal address used for the vserver and the only interface visable for the vserver.

Code:
    SEVERE: JMX-0001 Category=10 Message=MBean registration denied: ManagementAgent is not running. exceptionID=-1120510189-2
    JMX-0001 Category=10 Message=MBean registration denied: ManagementAgent is not running. exceptionID=-1120510189-2
    surprisingly it seems ot work for 1~ minute, then the groupware daemon dies with no error message.

if anybody has the time to look into it i would really appreciate it.
    Last edited by Guest; 01-31-2009, 12:43 PM.

ok, just got it to work, the important thing is that you give the vserver access to the loopback interface 'lo' and set an entry in the hosts file that points to 127.0.0.1.

Comment

Working...
    X