Open-xchange-groupware deamon stops itself

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Open-xchange-groupware deamon stops itself

When I start or restart the open-xchange-groupware daemon, I get a 'running' reply with status. After a few minutes, I recieve the status 'dead'.

Furthermore, I get a 503 error even when the daemon is running;
    when I try to execute the groupware manually by entering
    /opt/open-xchange/sbin/open-xchange-groupware as user open-xchange, I can login for a few minutes, but then the command terminates and I get thrown out of Open Xchange:

lithium:/opt/open-xchange/sbin # /opt/open-xchange/sbin/open-xchange-groupware
    /opt/open-xchange /opt/open-xchange/sbin

So, the rcopen-xchange-groupware kills itself and doesn't do anything and the manual executed groupware commits suicide as well. The logs are empty.

Is there a way to force the /opt/open-xchange/sbin/open-xchange-groupware command to stay active?

Hi,

please provide some information about your setup, operating system, ox version, java -version etc.

Greetings

Comment

Okay:

SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 10 (x86_64)
      VERSION = 10
      PATCHLEVEL = 1

Open Xchange Build: 6.6.0-6610, 2008-09-26 10:54:30

java version "1.5.0"
      Java(TM) 2 Runtime Environment, Standard Edition (build pxa64dev-20061002a (SR3) )
      IBM J9 VM (build 2.3, J2RE 1.5.0 IBM J9 2.3 Linux amd64-64 j9vmxa6423-20061001 (JIT enabled)
      J9VM - 20060915_08260_LHdSMr
      JIT - 20060908_1811_r8
      GC - 20060906_AA)
      JCL - 20061002

Default installation; The only thing I changed is that I didn't use the default siteroot but I've used another location for the webfiles.

Comment

Hi,

please update the java package as soon as possible, SR3 is ancient - SR9 is the most current release (SLES10 SP2) and OX will not run properly with prior releases since they have had a very ugly bug in combination with open-xchange. This has been fixed by IBM in SR9. I think you should update and then try again.

Greetings

Comment

Okay, I've updated Java (was a bit of a trial, I installed these RPMS: http://download.novell.com/protected...d=RFW9gMkKvRs~).

When I try to restart or get the status this happens:

lithium:/home/thijs # rcopen-xchange-groupware restart
          Shutting down open-xchange-groupware daemon Unknown HZ value! (380) Assume 100.
          Internal error!
          Internal error!
          Internal error!
          Internal error!
          Internal error!
          Internal error!
          Internal error!
          Internal error!
          Internal error!
          Internal error!
          Internal error!
          Internal error!
          Internal error!
          Internal error!
          Internal error!
          done
          Starting open-xchange-groupware daemon done
          lithium:/home/thijs # rcopen-xchange-groupware status
          Checking for service open-xchange-groupware daemon Unknown HZ value! (380) Assume 100.
          Internal error!
          Internal error!
          Internal error!
          Internal error!
          Internal error!
          Internal error!
          Internal error!
          Internal error!
          Internal error!
          Internal error!
          Internal error!
          Internal error!
          Internal error!
          Internal error!
          Internal error!
          running
          lithium:/home/thijs #

When I try to login I still recieve a 503. Manually starting /opt/open-xchange/sbin/open-xchange-groupware still works but then quits again.

Comment

Seems that the system is seriously broken, have you restarted the machine after updating it?
            This "Unknown HZ value!" is issued by the linux kernel but not by open-xchange.

Check this out: http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=Unknown+HZ+value!

Comment

Hm. That's not good. Restarting is an option, but I can only do that at night (it's an productionmachine). Keep you posted.

Comment

Ok, another question: is there a reason the script stops? Because if I can keep it alive, I could at least work in the OX database.

Comment

I've checked, and the HZ error is indeed an kernel issue but can't interfere with OX. So that has nothing to do with my OX problems. What can I check to debug? Why the deamon stops?

Comment

Hi,

well, i disagree that the kernel issue has nothing to do with the OX startup failure - i don't know the impact of this kernel issue exactly, but since the kernel error messages pop up when trying to start the service i suspect the kernel issue being the cause for the OX issue.
                    Have you already tried to install OX on a system with a properly working kernel?

However, you could check the logs at /var/log/open-xchange/* for any suspicious entries.
                    Last edited by Martin Heiland; 02-20-2009, 02:34 PM.

Comment

Well, there are a lot of errors in open-xchange-osgi.log:

!ENTRY org.eclipse.osgi 4 0 2009-02-20 13:44:16.992
                      !MESSAGE
                      !STACK 0
                      java.io.IOException: Permission denied
                      at java.io.File.checkAndCreate(File.java:1379)
                      at java.io.File.createTempFile(File.java:1467)
                      at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.baseadaptor.BaseStorage. saveStateData(BaseStorage.java:539)
                      at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.baseadaptor.BaseStorage. saveAllData(BaseStorage.java:383)
                      at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.baseadaptor.BaseStorage. frameworkStop(BaseStorage.java:772)
                      at org.eclipse.osgi.baseadaptor.BaseAdaptor.framework Stop(BaseAdaptor.java:273)
                      at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.SystemBun dleActivator.stop(SystemBundleActivator.java:64)
                      at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.BundleCon textImpl$3.run(BundleContextImpl.java:1040)
                      at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Access Controller.java:246)
                      at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.BundleCon textImpl.stop(BundleContextImpl.java:1036)
                      at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.StartLeve lManager.suspendAllBundles(StartLevelManager.java: 705)
                      at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.StartLeve lManager.decFWSL(StartLevelManager.java:658)
                      at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.StartLeve lManager.doSetStartLevel(StartLevelManager.java:29 1)
                      at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.StartLeve lManager.shutdown(StartLevelManager.java:261)
                      at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.SystemBun dle.suspend(SystemBundle.java:188)
                      at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.Framework .shutdown(Framework.java:622)
                      at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.SystemBun dle$1.run(SystemBundle.java:169)
                      at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:810)

I've posted the full log: http://ox.varkensinnood.nl/open-xchange-osgi.txt

Comment

I've played around with filepermissions a bit and reduced the errors to this:

==> /var/log/open-xchange/open-xchange-osgi.log <==
                        !SESSION 2009-02-20 14:29:28.046 -----------------------------------------------
                        eclipse.buildId=unknown
                        java.fullversion=J2RE 1.5.0 IBM J9 2.3 Linux amd64-64 j9vmxa6423-20081129 (JIT enabled)
                        J9VM - 20081126_26240_LHdSMr
                        JIT - 20081112_1511ifx1_r8
                        GC - 200811_07
                        BootLoader constants: OS=linux, ARCH=x86_64, WS=motif, NL=en_US
                        Command-line arguments: -configuration file:/opt/open-xchange/etc/groupware/osgi

!ENTRY org.eclipse.osgi 4 0 2009-02-20 14:29:28.578
                        !MESSAGE Error reading configuration: Permission denied
                        !STACK 0
                        at java.io.UnixFileSystem.createFileExclusively(Nativ e Method)
                        at org.eclipse.osgi.storagemanager.StorageManager.ini tializeInstanceFile(StorageManager.java:188)
                        at org.eclipse.osgi.storagemanager.StorageManager.ope n(StorageManager.java:701)
                        at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.baseadaptor.BaseStorage. initFileManager(BaseStorage.java:162)
                        at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.baseadaptor.BaseStorage. initialize(BaseStorage.java:139)
                        at org.eclipse.osgi.baseadaptor.BaseAdaptor.initializ eStorage(BaseAdaptor.java:124)
                        at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.Framework .initialize(Framework.java:174)
                        at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.Framework .<init>(Framework.java:147)
                        at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.OSGi.crea teFramework(OSGi.java:90)
                        at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.OSGi.<ini t>(OSGi.java:31)
                        at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.st artup(EclipseStarter.java:283)
                        at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.ru n(EclipseStarter.java:172)
                        at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.ma in(EclipseStarter.java:149)

!ENTRY org.eclipse.osgi 4 0 2009-02-20 14:29:58.835
                        !MESSAGE
                        !STACK 0
                        at org.eclipse.osgi.storagemanager.StorageManager.cre ateTempFile(StorageManager.java:721)
                        at org.eclipse.osgi.storagemanager.StorageManager.get OutputStream(StorageManager.java:783)
                        at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.baseadaptor.BaseStorage. saveBundleDatas(BaseStorage.java:489)
                        at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.baseadaptor.BaseStorage. saveAllData(BaseStorage.java:382)
                        at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.baseadaptor.BaseStorage. access$1(BaseStorage.java:372)
                        at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.baseadaptor.BaseStorage$ StateSaver.run(BaseStorage.java:1115)

!ENTRY org.eclipse.osgi 4 0 2009-02-20 14:29:58.836
                        !MESSAGE
                        !STACK 0
                        at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.baseadaptor.BaseStorage. saveStateData(BaseStorage.java:539)
                        at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.baseadaptor.BaseStorage. saveAllData(BaseStorage.java:383)
                        at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.baseadaptor.BaseStorage. access$1(BaseStorage.java:372)
                        at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.baseadaptor.BaseStorage$ StateSaver.run(BaseStorage.java:1115)

!ENTRY org.eclipse.osgi 4 0 2009-02-20 14:29:58.869
                        !MESSAGE
                        !STACK 0
                        at org.eclipse.osgi.storagemanager.StorageManager.cre ateTempFile(StorageManager.java:721)
                        at org.eclipse.osgi.storagemanager.StorageManager.get OutputStream(StorageManager.java:783)
                        at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.baseadaptor.BaseStorage. saveBundleDatas(BaseStorage.java:489)
                        at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.baseadaptor.BaseStorage. saveAllData(BaseStorage.java:382)
                        at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.baseadaptor.BaseStorage. frameworkStop(BaseStorage.java:772)
                        at org.eclipse.osgi.baseadaptor.BaseAdaptor.framework Stop(BaseAdaptor.java:273)
                        at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.SystemBun dleActivator.stop(SystemBundleActivator.java:64)
                        at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.BundleCon textImpl$3.run(BundleContextImpl.java:1040)
                        at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.BundleCon textImpl.stop(BundleContextImpl.java:1036)
                        at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.StartLeve lManager.suspendAllBundles(StartLevelManager.java: 705)
                        at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.StartLeve lManager.decFWSL(StartLevelManager.java:658)
                        at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.StartLeve lManager.doSetStartLevel(StartLevelManager.java:29 1)
                        at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.StartLeve lManager.shutdown(StartLevelManager.java:261)
                        at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.SystemBun dle.suspend(SystemBundle.java:188)
                        at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.Framework .shutdown(Framework.java:622)
                        at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.SystemBun dle$1.run(SystemBundle.java:169)

!ENTRY org.eclipse.osgi 4 0 2009-02-20 14:29:58.870
                        !MESSAGE
                        !STACK 0

But apart from these errors; is there a way to keep /opt/open-xchange/sbin/open-xchange-groupware alive?
                        Last edited by Guest; 02-20-2009, 03:31 PM.

Comment

Uhm, that looks like somebody (or something) has taken the access permissions for user open-xchange. Could it be that you have executed the open-xchange groupware script at /opt/open-xchange/sbin as root directly? In this case, the osgi informations are re-written with root permissions an the usual open-xchange user cannot access them anymore. A solution would be recursively chown'ing the /opt/open-xchange directory back to open-xchange : open-xchange and only using /etc/init.d/open-xchange-groupware for service startup or shutdown.

Greetings

Comment

The permissions of /opt/open-xchange were indeed changed to root, but I've chowned 'em.

Now, rcopen-xchange restart gives me a working server for a few moments, (like the script) but then stops after a while.

shell-init: error retrieving current directory: getcwd: cannot access parent directories: No such file or directory

is also given at a rcopen-xchange-groupware restart.

Comment

Working...
                            X