No new mail window

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No new mail window

Installed OX fresh from the scratch, everything went ok after some minor probs, but theres one thing, driving me mad.

the new mail popup, stucks loading.
    (url/ox6/newMail.html#folder=&id=&action=)
    nothing in the logs.

system contains: dovecot, postfix, dspam, clamav, postgrey and LAMP.
    everythings except OX works fine and squirrel mail sents mails like nuts.
    also my webservices do and outlook directly connected to imap(s).

mailview and listing works fine.
    but ox denies opening the send mail window... loading, loading, loading...

Build: 6.8.0-6802, 2009-02-12 16:31:09
    Server called Lenny (recently upgraded vom etch)

any ideas?

p.s. not my current prob, but sieve also fails with dovecot
    (the same problem as discussed here, and titled as solved, but not for me, same error message as in the other posts here)
    Last edited by Guest; 02-16-2009, 04:40 AM.

Hi,

what browser are you using? Did you cleared your browsers cache?

Greetings

Comment

FF3 (latest), Seamonkey (latest), IE7.
      sometimes (not everytime), I do have ah errormessage in red 403 - Forbidden under my upper box, too. maybe theres some relation?

client OS: vista64bit ultimate.

also tested with FF3.0.1 and IE7 on a XP Professional client.
      same everywhere.
      Last edited by Guest; 02-16-2009, 03:17 PM.

Comment

no one has no ideas?

Comment

bin ja ein wenig enttäuscht, das keinerlei ideen kommen. dabei hiess es doch, dass der communitysupport so gut sei. was ist damit? hat der gerade urlaub?

Comment

Well, the problem is simple: we cannot reproduce it and it seems that the majority of the userbase does not encounter this problem. I believe that you encounter this issue, that said, but it seems to be something setup specific. I assume you've used the installation guide for Debian Etch, did it work before updating to Lenny? Maybe some configuration files have been altered. Please also check the permissions to you wwwroot and errors thrown by apache, i'm afraid but remote diagnostic without logfiles and in-deep information is very hard

Comment

I do encounter the same kind of problem. The "new mail" keeps loading all day long. Tried both IE7 and Firefox, cleared firefox' cache, disabled any kind of sieve.

I think I know the problem: The "From" selector does not load. Everything of the new mail window looks fine except for the from selector. there is just no mail address appearing. (see screenshot)

everythink else works fine. any ideas, why that selector might not load?
              Attached Files

Comment

looks like, the problem only encounters, when the user creating that mail is contextadmin. sending emails as normal user works fine.

Comment

Confirmed, i can reproduce it this way:

1. Login as oxadmin
                  2. Select a contact from the addressbook, switch to detail view or trigger a hover
                  3. Click the users E-Mail address

-> A 'New E-Mail' window shows up but does not load correctly.

In my case, oxadmin does not have E-Mail access and the E-Mail module is disabled for this user, so choosing the New E-Mail window directly is not possible. I think the real problem here is, that a user who has no E-Mail module configured can trigger the E-Mail window by using contacts.

But i think this is not directly related to the initial posting.
                  Last edited by Martin Heiland; 04-03-2009, 11:54 PM.

Comment

Working...
                  X