Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Password change distribution from ox to cyrus

Hello,
    I've managed to successfully install ox6 on debian with cyrus as my imap implementation and exim as smtp server. So far everything works pretty good.

I'm using the imap authentication mechanism for ox. But whenever I change the password in ox then the login to the IMAP server fails until I change it back to the original password. Looks to me as if ox doesn't distribute the password change to cyrus sasl.

Is there a way to let this automatically happen?

Thanks,

Gunnar

Hi gunnarstahl

what kind of backend is used by cyrus?

If you use the same database/pw user entry it will work. If you use differnet mechanisms/places you have to syncronize after changing the password.

Cu
    Popeye

Comment

Authentication backends

Hi,
      cyrus uses the sasl authentication backend which comes with cyrus, utilizing the auxprop mechanism.
      OX is set up (via the imapauth.properties file) to connecto to the imap server for checking the authentication.

So both use essentially the same source for their authentication which is the cyrus sasl. But apparently ox doesn't know how to change the sasl password.

What exactly do you mean by "synchronize after changing the password"? Is there some sort of automagic mechanism somewhere or do I have to do this manually?

Yt,

Gunnar
      Last edited by Guest; 02-19-2009, 09:29 PM.

Comment

... same problem here, except that we use LDAP for authentication ... what would be cool if there is any place to plug in a script that is called when someone uses the PW change function in OX6 ... then the script could take care of setting the new PW in LDAP/ADS ...

Comment

Comment

Working...
          X