Login Failed with no log

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Login Failed with no log

I went through the Quick Install guide Open-Xchange Server 6 on Fedora 9 without any problems.
    But when I try to log the testuser in I get "Login Failed" on the browser (IE7).
    There are no logs generated in /var/log/open-exchange/*
    I have also added myself as a user and tried the oxadmin user. All the same results. I am able to use IMAP and login fine with outlook or just "telnet localhost 143"
    I even tried changing the log level to "DEBUG" and still no errors generated on the login attempt.
    Im using Courier-IMAP and Postfix.
    So who is providing the authenication? IMAP or the mySQL DB?

Thanks
    Keith

Hi,

i think that you have not enabled syslog for remote logging yet, please check this howto:

Greetings

Comment

I still get no log of the failed login attempt.

So I deleted the database (configdb) and I got the error could not connect to the database, just to see if it was in fact connecting. So I re-created the database and back to the same problem.

But now I just deleted the database that has the users (oxdatabase_6) and still the same result.

So you think the 2 database's are not communicating?
      Last edited by katztrd; 02-18-2009, 11:28 PM.

Comment

This is fixed. I read the instructions wrong.
        I put my domain in as the "defaultcontext"

$ /opt/open-xchange/sbin/createcontext -A oxadminmaster -P secret -c 1 \
        -u oxadmin -d "Context Admin" -g Admin -s User -p secret -L defaultcontext \
        -e oxadmin@example.com -q 1024 --access-combination-name=all

I had..
        -L mydomain.com

Instead of..
        -L defaultcontext

Comment

Working...
        X