Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

GUI Debug log during hover & Mail Notification ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GUI Debug log during hover & Mail Notification ?

Hi there,

I've just installed OX6 succesfully with LDAP auth, OXLDAPSync, and with Funambol for Mobile Devices ...

Everything works perfectly, except some glitches in the GUI ...

Indeed, each time i put my mouse on an element, and waiting for a popup to give me informations, a windows appeard on the bottom right of my screen with "Debug Log" as Title, and containing the following text "Hover Width, Hover Height". Except this window, everything works nicely ... (The popup appears with the correct informations ...). Any idea about it ?

A second question is about Mail Notification... Is there's a way to have a popup when a new mail comes into Inbox ?

Thanks in advance for your answers

Hi,

could it be that you're using a snapshot build? What operating system are you using? Probably somebody missed to remove the debug flag at the GUI before checking in.
    For new mail, there is no popup notification. But we have some ideas how to make the user aware of new e-mails.
    A popup may be annoying after some time, what about this: If a new E-Mail arrives, the browser window (which could be minimized) starts to blink at the taskbar.

Comment

Hi there,

Firstly, thanks for your fast answer ...

Originally posted by Martin Braun View Post
      Hi,

could it be that you're using a snapshot build? What operating system are you using? Probably somebody missed to remove the debug flag at the GUI before checking in.
      I'm using a Debian Lenny, and i followed the installation guide howto, which is available on the website for Debian Lenny ...
      So i used the deb package for the deb repos ... No sure if it's snapshot build though ...

I thought about a forgotten debug flag, but i didn't know how to disable it ... Any idea on where to search for a config file ?

Originally posted by Martin Braun View Post
      For new mail, there is no popup notification. But we have some ideas how to make the user aware of new e-mails.
      A popup may be annoying after some time, what about this: If a new E-Mail arrives, the browser window (which could be minimized) starts to blink at the taskbar.
      Yep, a blinking browser window should be perfect imho ...

Thanks for advance for your answer

Cya !

Comment

Hi,

yeah Lenny packages are currently snapshots - supported platforms with stable packages are SLES10, RHEL5 and Debian Etch. The packages for Lenny are built every night, so you should try to do an update tomorrow (CET) and check if this debug flag is still set. Please note that snapshot packages are unstable (and we mean it), so you should never(!) use them in productive environments since they are development snapshot that can be broken.

Greetings
        Last edited by Martin Heiland; 02-28-2009, 12:29 AM.

Comment

Working...
        X