Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• access denied on mysql

Hi

I have installed mysql-server and he asked me for a root password and I set one
    But what to do now?

root@server:/opt/open-xchange# /opt/open-xchange/sbin/initconfigdb --configdb-pass=db_password -a
    initializing configdb from scratch...ERROR 1045 (28000): Access denied for user 'root'@'localhost' (using password: NO)
    ERROR

Hi,

like stated in several postings and the setup guide, you should not set a mysql root password prior to the open-xchange installation since the installer cannot handle it. You could temporary remove the password, do the installation and set it again, Open-Xchange uses a separate user to access the database which will be created by the installer.

Greetings

Comment

I have disabled the password but then...

mysql> update user set password = '' where user = 'root'
      -> ;
      Query OK, 3 rows affected (0.00 sec)
      Rows matched: 3 Changed: 3 Warnings: 0

mysql> select Host,User,Password from user;
      +-----------+------------------+-------------------------------------------+
      | Host | User | Password |
      | localhost | root | |
      | server | root | |
      | 127.0.0.1 | root | |
      | localhost | debian-sys-maint | *7F8DC2CA86701775D932D27139A790F6CA2A6DDF |
      4 rows in set (0.00 sec)

mysql> quit;
      Bye
      root@server:/opt/open-xchange# /opt/open-xchange/sbin/initconfigdb --configdb-pass=db_password -a
      initializing configdb from scratch...ERROR 1045 (28000): Access denied for user 'root'@'localhost' (using password: NO)
      ERROR

Comment

or do i have to disable the password completely?

and if yes how?

Comment

works!!!!!

Comment

How did your solve it?
            please help other people

Comment

I'm using phpmyadmin to administer my MySQL database

Select Privilege and edit the root (localhost) user and select NO PASSWORD.

Apply the change to the user and execute the command once more.

Comment

Working...
              X