Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Infostore or E-Mail as Public Folder

Hi,

we just installed OXAE and are playing around.

Now we realized that the options to create an E-Mail-Folder or InfoStore Folder within the Public Folder area is greyed out.

How can one create such folders?

Hi,

basically we have splitted the folder hierarchy to four sections:

* Personal Groupware Folders
    * Public Groupware Folders
    * Infostore

Since E-Mail and Infostore are groupware components that are provided by external services, the folder layout could be pretty confusing. For example if the folder structure at your Thunderbird looks very different from the folders at OX, same for a webdav client that accesses the Infostore.

Public, or shared folders at the E-Mail or Infostore module are created right inside the module. At the Infostore you'll find the "Userstore" which holds personal folders, and "Public Infostore", thats probably what you're searching for. At the E-Mail Module, all folders are hierarchically bound to your "root" folder named Inbox. At this module, you just create a new folder at your normal E-Mail foldertree and access permissions to other users. Those users then need to subscribe the shared E-Mail folder by performing a right-click at "E-Mail"->"Subscribe".

Hope that helps.

Comment

Hi,

I realized already that every user can share his folders of any kind.

But we have some "global" folders for the whole company, like ISO-documents, Software-Packages, Word- and Excel-Templates and so on....

So I expected that it could be possible to create a few "global" InfoStores, like ISO, Software, Templates...

If I right click on "Public folders" and open "New subfolder" I get five options, but the Infostore is greyed out. So I guess it can be activated somehow. Same for E-Mail which is of same importance for us.

I attached a screenshot....
      Attached Files

Comment

At the Infostore you'll find the "Userstore" which holds personal folders, and "Public Infostore", thats probably what you're searching for.
        Where can I find the "Public Infostore" exactly?
        Attached Files

Comment

Hi,

sorry i thought that you're using a more up to date version, the initial release of OXAE contained OX 6.6.10 which had a different folder handling at the infostore, with the latest Version it's already the way i described earlier.

At 6610, please right-click "Userstore" and create a new folder there. That way it will not be shown as a child folder of your personal infostore and is available to everyone you assign permissions. This handling was not really good so we changed it in the current release.

Greetings

Comment

Working...
          X