Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• oxadminmaster password

Hello,

I have installed OX6 community edition on openSUSE 11.1. Then I installed Funambol and the OXConnector to get it to sync. Somewhere in the process I managed to do some damage and afterwards was not able to login to Open-Xchange anymore.

I figured the easiest way to get it working again was to remove it all and then reinstall. So I removed Open-Xchange, Funambol and MySQL.

I deleted to following:
    - /opt/open-xchange
    - /opt/Funambol
    - /var/lib/mysql
    - /srv/www/htdocs/ox6
    - /var/run/open-xchange*
    - /var/log/open-xchange
    - /tmp/*

I have also removed the open-xchange user and group.

So I figured I should now have a clean base from which I can install again.

I then installed MySQL and Open-Xchange.

This time round I chose a more secure password than oxadminpassword.

My problem now is that I am unable to use registerserver. It keeps telling me Authentication Failed:

Code:
    mail:/ # /opt/open-xchange/sbin/registerserver -n oxserver -A oxadminmaster -P my_new_password
    server could not be registered:
    Server response:
     Authentication failed

mail:/ # /opt/open-xchange/sbin/registerserver -n oxserver -A oxadminmaster -P oxadminpassword
    server 2 registered
    When I use the old password it works - but here is the catch. Sometimes the old password works and sometimes the new password works. This makes it impossible to administrate.

To test it further I have used the old or the new password as appropriate but am unable to create a context:
    Code:
    mail:/ # /opt/open-xchange/sbin/createcontext -A oxadminmaster -P my_new_password -c 1 -u oxadmin -d "Context Admin" -g Admin -s User -p admin_password -L defaultcontext -e oxadmin@domain.local -q 1024 --access-combination-name=all
    context 1 could not be created:
    Server response:
     Authentication failed

mail:/ # /opt/open-xchange/sbin/createcontext -A oxadminmaster -P oxadminpassword -c 1 -u oxadmin -d "Context Admin" -g Admin -s User -p admin_password -L defaultcontext -e oxadmin@domain.local -q 1024 --access-combination-name=all
    context 1 could not be created:
    Server response:
     com.openexchange.admin.rmi.exceptions.PoolException: DBP-0002 Category=8 Message=Resolving database for context 1 and server 7 not possible! exceptionID=-706750946-4
    It appears that there are more than just the one password left over from the past install as it is also trying to access the old databases which is no longer in existence.

I have no idea where it is getting the configuration from and how to remove it that I can start clean.

Any help would be greatly appreciated - I really don't want to reinstall the OS.

Thanks,

Albert
    Last edited by Guest; 04-17-2009, 09:12 PM. Reason: additional issues found

I decided to reinstall the OS. It is working again...

Comment

Working...
    X