Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OX6 translated to Finnish and to Turku

Hi all,

we've translated the OX6 GUI completely into Finnish and to Turku (a local variant of the Finnish language). How can we contribute those translations to the OX community? Also, do we need to sign the contribution agreement?

Best regards,

Samuli

Hi,

first of all, thank you very much for wanting to contribute your translation, this is really great since we then have a norwegian, swedish and finnish translation for all guys in northern Europe
    If you want to contribute your translation, just post them at the forums as attachment, we'll reference this link at the wiki (http://www.open-xchange.com/wiki/ind...le_Translation).
    If you want to have your translation be part of the offical release you should contact the company directly (http://www.open-xchange.com/en/contactus). Being part of the official distribution may imply some commitments for further updates of the translation.

Greetings

Comment

Martin,

I have sent two requests using the "Contact us" form but have not received a reply. I sent the first request about a month ago and the second one a week later. Could you tell what's going on here?

Here's the message I sent on both occasions:

---

Hi!

We've translated OX6 to Finnish and would like to push it mainstream:

We'd like to become the official maintainers of the translations. What kind of responsibilities would we have and what could you offer in exchange?

---

Samuli

Comment

Many thanks for your contribution and for your interest in translating our GUI.
        A translation to become official needs regular updates. We need to make sure that with each release deadline the languages are completed. Normally, there are 2 - 3 update cycles for each release.
        Unfortunately at the moment there is no budget planned for Finnish though.

Comment

Originally posted by Antje Faber View Post
          Many thanks for your contribution and for your interest in translating our GUI.
          A translation to become official needs regular updates. We need to make sure that with each release deadline the languages are completed. Normally, there are 2 - 3 update cycles for each release.
          Unfortunately at the moment there is no budget planned for Finnish though.
          We were interested in covering our costs for updating the translation periodically on _your_ schedule. Or alternatively update our translation periodically on _our_ schedule for free. For either of those we would have needed a contact person or write access to a software repository.

However, given that the WebUI in new OX versions will use CC non-commercial license, we are forced to drop (new versions) OX from our product portfolio. So there's little point for us to maintain the Finnish translation (except for our own use).

Comment

We've discussed the licensing issue and we'll probably continue using OX, regardless of it's licensing problems. Is there any chance of getting write access to your software repository? That'd make it much easier for us to keep the public translation up-to-date.

Anyways, I'll attach the Finnish translation here for others to use. The license for the translation is GPLv2.
            Attached Files
            Last edited by Guest; 08-05-2009, 12:09 PM. Reason: Added licensing information

Comment

Hi,

thank you for the contribution, please check this wiki page for information how to get contributed translations into the build process:

Greetings

Comment

Thanks Martin, I'll check that out. I do all my translations with OmegaT, but I'm sure I can somehow import the finished files to Pootle.

All the best,

Samuli

Comment

Originally posted by sasepp View Post
                  Thanks Martin, I'll check that out. I do all my translations with OmegaT, but I'm sure I can somehow import the finished files to Pootle.

All the best,

Samuli
                  Please post all translation related questions into the I18N forum:

Comment

Working...
                  X