• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unable to implement!

Problem 1.

Unable to create users "First Name" and "Last Name" including the
    characters "õüäö" throught UDM
    Need urgent solution either the product is useless!

Problem 2.

No matter what is defined in the file "imap.properities"

spamfilter is not working and ox log shows:

No spam handler found for registration name 'SpamassassinSpamHandler'.
    Using fallback 'NoSpamHandler'

Problem 3.

There are big delays in webmail module refreshing showing new emails,
    although the portal screen displays the new message arrived.

Also the working with emails makes latency (moving from one folder to
    another, scrolling etc.)

As we where using the community version OX EE on exactly the same hw
    before we buy OX AE without such issues. We make decision in hope we got
    out of the box product as we expected

Please provide some solution

Best Regards

Aleksander Kikkas

NB. The support team answered there will be an update avilable on the second week of april, but its almost may..

Hi Aleksander,

I tried to reproduce Problem 1, indeed it is not able to create a _username_ which contains umlauts or other special characters, this is a known limitation and using special characters for authentication is known as a potential issue e.g. for some external E-Mail clients. OX does restrict the username to be plain ascii itself since we experienced a bunch of problems with some clients and environments. But i can create a user let's say "hmueller" with the Lastname, Firstname "Müller, Härbert" without problems, are there any error logs at the /var/log/open-xchange or /var/log/univention directories?

Problem 2 is already known in OXAE (sorry for that...) and is addressed by the upcoming Update of OXAE which is currently in internal beta and will be released very soon (planing to release at the end of next week right now). Please understand that release dates are not always carved in stone, we're going to release when we feel that the software is really ready and shift it if there are some release blocking issues left. That's just to fulfill your quality expectations when using the software.

Problem 3 could be caused by different environmental influences. Typically OXAE has a little higher hardware requirements than OXEE. Could you please check the load of the machine when accessing the mailbox (memory, cpu, disk usage...). What hardware do you currently use? The issue with having a new E-Mail shown at the portal page prior to its availability at the inbox has already been reported and added to our bugtracker.

Greetings
    Last edited by Martin Heiland; 04-28-2009, 12:54 PM.

Comment

Still problems

Hello,

Ok, no problems with characters 'ü' and 'ö' and 'ä', but we have a lot of names in Our company having an 'õ' character in their names and ~20 persons cannot be created because of that issue.

Hardware we are going to implement is:

CPUual opteron 1,6Ghz
      RAM: ECC DDR 4GB
      HDD: WD Raptor 15k rpm. 36GB
      MB: TYAN

The average mailbox is ~200-300MB

For the test enviroment we downloaded and installed 64bit version - is it better to try an 32bit for the stability ?

Also installing the Univention we used default en_UTF8 and enabled et_UTF8 support.

Best regards

Aleksander

Comment

Hi,

the 64Bit Version is just as stable as the 32Bit one and it seems that we don't have a stability but a character encoding issue here. I'll check that special character again tomorrow.

About that slow E-Mail you mentioned, do those mailboxes/IMAP Server exists at the same machine like OXAE or is it an remote account? What's the systems cpu/mem/io stats when accessing a mailbox? Is the E-Mail storage connected via network or is it also locally?

btw. a raptor has 10k rpm, i also own(ed) 6 for myself

Greetings
        Last edited by Martin Heiland; 04-29-2009, 09:37 PM.

Comment

Still problem with 'õ'

Hello,

About i/o and other resource usage i cant tell you cause by now we are waiting an sp update and using Express edition. What about mail server- yes all the system is (will be) in one machine.

For the test we used separate wd raptor on the same machine where our "production version" (OX EE) is running. Imported some mailbox into the new OX AE and noticed that refreshing and scrolling the folders in web gui was laggy.

But buy now there is more problematic thing with 'õ' character. As we are using mostly OX throuh web gui and there are about ~20 persons whose names contain that character.

Also can you give some workaround till the update will come for that spamhandling problem ?

Thank you

Aleksander

Comment

Aleksander,

i just reproduced the problem and established contact with the maintainer of the univention server backend which includes UDM and LDAP. I'm looking forward to their answers about a solution or a workaround and will post new information about this topic here.

Greetings

Comment

Hi Aleksander,

Some updates. I got in contact with the maintainer and the issue is caused by the set of allowed characters at the LDAP server OXAE uses. The corresponding text field allows a IA5 String which is a enhanced ASCII character set that does not contain the character you've problems with.
              They're working on a solution for this issue. Probably a patch or a workaround.

Greetings.

Comment

Working...
              X