Homepage | Products | OX Knowledge Base | Support | Try Now | Contact | Company
OX Logo
    crifa Guest

Default Creating contexts and users error

Hello Forum,

i've installed OX6 on a server running a vanilla install of Ubuntu 8.04.1 (x86) following the instructions at http://www.open-xchange.com/wiki/ind...ion_Ubuntu8.04

Everything went well, but now I'm stuck at the 'Creating contexts and users' step.

When I run :

Code:
    /opt/open-xchange/sbin/createcontext -A oxadminmaster -P admin_master_password -c 1 \
    -u oxadmin -d "Context Admin" -g Admin -s User -p admin_password -L defaultcontext \
    -e oxadmin@example.com -q 1024 --access-combination-name=all
    I get the following error :

Code:
    context 1 could not be created: 
    Server response:
     com.mysql.jdbc.exceptions.MySQLNonTransientConnectionException: Could not create connection to database server. Attempted reconnect 3 times. Giving up.
    However, when I connect to MySQL using the user created at the beginning of the tutorial, there is no problem.
    Code:
    mysql -u openexchange -p db_password
    I include here a sample of my /var/log/open-xchange/open-xchange-admin.log.0 :

Code:
    May 4, 2009 9:22:30 AM com.openexchange.admin.storage.mysqlStorage.OXContextMySQLStorageCommon deleteContextFromConfigDB
    SEVERE: Unable to determine db_schema of context 1
    May 4, 2009 9:22:30 AM com.openexchange.admin.rmi.impl.OXContextCommonImpl createcommon
    SEVERE: com.mysql.jdbc.exceptions.MySQLNonTransientConnectionException: Could not create connection to database server. Attempted reconnect 3 times. Giving up.
    com.openexchange.admin.rmi.exceptions.StorageException: com.mysql.jdbc.exceptions.MySQLNonTransientConnectionException: Could not create connection to database server. Attempted reconnect 3 times. Giving up.
    	at com.openexchange.admin.storage.mysqlStorage.OXUtilMySQLStorageCommon.createDatabase(OXUtilMySQLStorageCommon.java:131)
    	at com.openexchange.admin.storage.mysqlStorage.OXUtilMySQLStorage.createDatabase(OXUtilMySQLStorage.java:402)
    	at com.openexchange.admin.storage.mysqlStorage.OXContextMySQLStorage.create(OXContextMySQLStorage.java:1152)
    	at com.openexchange.admin.rmi.impl.OXContext.createmaincall(OXContext.java:736)
    	at com.openexchange.admin.rmi.impl.OXContextCommonImpl.createcommon(OXContextCommonImpl.java:146)
    	at com.openexchange.admin.rmi.impl.OXContext.create(OXContext.java:204)
    	at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
    	at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)
    	at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)
    	at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:585)
    	at sun.rmi.server.UnicastServerRef.dispatch(UnicastServerRef.java:294)
    	at sun.rmi.transport.Transport$1.run(Transport.java:153)
    	at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
    	at sun.rmi.transport.Transport.serviceCall(Transport.java:149)
    	at sun.rmi.transport.tcp.TCPTransport.handleMessages(TCPTransport.java:466)
    	at sun.rmi.transport.tcp.TCPTransport$ConnectionHandler.run(TCPTransport.java:707)
    	at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:595)
    Any idea to help me out of this ? I'm stuck

Have you tried to connect using the "mysql" command and specifying the network interface you want to connect to? For example "mysql -uopenexchange -psecret -hlocalhost"? Please note that the "createcontext" script will use the "openexchange" database user but not "root".

Greetings

crifa Guest

Hello Martin,

Yes, I did try to connect wih the openexchange user : mysql -u openexchange -p db_password -h localhost and it works.

At this stage, there is no database besides those created by the default MySQL install. I guess the 'createcontext' script will create them, right ?
    Last edited by crifa; 05-04-2009 at 01:06 PM.

Hi,

the createcontext script will only create a database for the contexts when the first contexts is created. Prior to that, you need a "configdb" which is created by the oxinstaller script mentioned at the installation guide, did you follow the guide 1:1 and did every step work properly? Without a configdb no contexts or other objects can be created.

Greetings

crifa Guest

Hi,

I did indeed follow all the instructions of the guide, and I didn't get any errors.
    The only change I had to make was to add the --configdb-user option to this command :
    Code:
    /opt/open-xchange/sbin/initconfigdb --configdb-pass=db_password -a

crankintheburn Guest

Default Same error here - Ubuntu 9.04 x86_64

I have the exact same error on my ubuntu 9.04 x86_64 server.
    Did you solve the issue, yet? I tried to reinstall OX two times - no success.

Code:
    root@xxx:# createcontext -A oxadminmaster -P xxx -c 1 -u oxadmin -d "Context Admin" -g Admin -s User -p xxx -L defaultcontext -e oxadmin@xxxxxx.xx -q 1024 --access-combination-name=all

context 1 could not be created: 
    Server response:
     com.mysql.jdbc.exceptions.MySQLNonTransientConnectionException: Could not create connection to database server. Attempted reconnect 3 times. Giving up

Code:
    root@xxx:# java -version
    java version "1.5.0_18"
    Java(TM) 2 Runtime Environment, Standard Edition (build 1.5.0_18-b02)
    Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (build 1.5.0_18-b02, mixed mode)

Code:
    root@xxx: cat /var/log/open-xchange/open-xchange-admin.log.0

09.07.2009 14:35:27 com.openexchange.admin.storage.mysqlStorage.OXContextMySQLStorageCommon deleteContextFromConfigDB
    SCHWERWIEGEND: Unable to determine db_schema of context 1
    09.07.2009 14:35:27 com.openexchange.admin.rmi.impl.OXContextCommonImpl createcommon
    SCHWERWIEGEND: com.mysql.jdbc.exceptions.MySQLNonTransientConnectionException: Could not create connection to database server. Attempted reconnect 3 times. Giving up.
    com.openexchange.admin.rmi.exceptions.StorageException: com.mysql.jdbc.exceptions.MySQLNonTransientConnectionException: Could not create connection to database server. Attempted reconnect 3 times. Giving up.
    	at com.openexchange.admin.storage.mysqlStorage.OXUtilMySQLStorageCommon.createDatabase(OXUtilMySQLStorageCommon.java:131)
    	at com.openexchange.admin.storage.mysqlStorage.OXUtilMySQLStorage.createDatabase(OXUtilMySQLStorage.java:402)
    	at com.openexchange.admin.storage.mysqlStorage.OXContextMySQLStorage.create(OXContextMySQLStorage.java:1152)
    	at com.openexchange.admin.rmi.impl.OXContext.createmaincall(OXContext.java:736)
    	at com.openexchange.admin.rmi.impl.OXContextCommonImpl.createcommon(OXContextCommonImpl.java:146)
    	at com.openexchange.admin.rmi.impl.OXContext.create(OXContext.java:204)
    	at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
    	at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)
    	at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)
    	at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:585)
    	at sun.rmi.server.UnicastServerRef.dispatch(UnicastServerRef.java:294)
    	at sun.rmi.transport.Transport$1.run(Transport.java:153)
    	at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
    	at sun.rmi.transport.Transport.serviceCall(Transport.java:149)
    	at sun.rmi.transport.tcp.TCPTransport.handleMessages(TCPTransport.java:466)
    	at sun.rmi.transport.tcp.TCPTransport$ConnectionHandler.run(TCPTransport.java:707)
    	at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:595)
    Any suggestions?

crankintheburn Guest

Everything is working now. The problem was in initconfigdb. For some reason it did not store the username / password correctly until I did another initconfigdb right before creating the context.

So long... crank