Copying OX to other server

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Copying OX to other server

I've got an OX 6 installation running on a server which has to be reïnstalled. However, I can't afford downtime.

If I install OX 6 on another machine, is there a way to sync users/databases etc?

Hi,

all data is stored at the MySQL database, so if you want redundant data storage it would be easy to set up some kind of replication between two database servers. In case one breaks down it's still possible to access another. There are several guides and best practices for high availability databases at the mysql website.
    OX itself is able to operate in a cluster with multiple groupware nodes - if one breaks down another node takes over the job and there is no downtime. Please see the manuals at http://software.open-xchange.com/OX6/doc for more information.
    If you're planing to set up a mission critical system i'd suggest to contact OX for a training or setup of the software.

Greetings.

Comment

Ok, I'll look into that.
      On another note- I've been quite succesfull in migrating OX to another server, but the webinterface gives this error:
      Error code: Cannot get connection to database. (CTX-0005,1793825937-12)

I've migrated the databases, the only diference is that the database user has changed, but I've changed that accordingly in admindaemon/configdb.properties and groupware/configdb.properties.
      Is there another place where settings are stored?

Log:

WARNING: Found 2 threads loading cached objects after 1 second. Cache: Context
      Jun 5, 2009 5:22:47 PM com.openexchange.database.Server getServerId
      SEVERE: Cannot resolve server id for server: SERVERNAME
      Jun 5, 2009 5:22:47 PM com.openexchange.ajax.Login doGet
      SEVERE: CTX-0005 Category=5 Message=Cannot get connection to database. exceptionID=1793825937-12
      CTX-0005 Category=5 Message=Cannot get connection to database. exceptionID=1793825937-12
      at com.openexchange.authentication.database.impl.Data baseAuthentication.handleLoginInfo(DatabaseAuthent ication.java:113)
      at com.openexchange.authentication.service.Authentica tion.login(Authentication.java:92)
      at com.openexchange.ajax.Login.doGet(Login.java:142)
      at com.openexchange.ajax.Login.doPost(Login.java:448)
      at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet .java:616)
      at com.openexchange.ajax.AJAXServlet.service(AJAXServ let.java:380)
      at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet .java:689)
      at com.openexchange.ajp13.AJPv13RequestHandler.doServ letService(AJPv13RequestHandler.java:575)
      at com.openexchange.ajp13.AJPv13Request.response(AJPv 13Request.java:108)
      at com.openexchange.ajp13.AJPv13RequestHandler.create Response(AJPv13RequestHandler.java:385)
      at com.openexchange.ajp13.AJPv13Connection.createResp onse(AJPv13Connection.java:192)
      at com.openexchange.ajp13.AJPv13Listener.run(AJPv13Li stener.java:245)
      at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:810)
      Caused by: CTX-0005 Category=5 Message=Cannot get connection to database. exceptionID=1793825937-11
      at com.openexchange.groupware.contexts.impl.RdbContex tStorage.getMailadmin(RdbContextStorage.java:148)
      at com.openexchange.groupware.contexts.impl.RdbContex tStorage.loadContext(RdbContextStorage.java:244)
      at com.openexchange.groupware.contexts.impl.CachingCo ntextStorage$1.load(CachingContextStorage.java:158 )
      at com.openexchange.groupware.contexts.impl.CachingCo ntextStorage$1.load(CachingContextStorage.java:169 )
      at com.openexchange.cache.dynamic.impl.Refresher.refr esh(Refresher.java:163)
      at com.openexchange.groupware.contexts.impl.ContextRe loader.<init>(ContextReloader.java:79)
      at com.openexchange.groupware.contexts.impl.CachingCo ntextStorage.loadContext(CachingContextStorage.jav a:174)
      at com.openexchange.groupware.contexts.impl.ContextSt orage.getContext(ContextStorage.java:126)
      at com.openexchange.context.internal.ContextServiceIm pl.getContext(ContextServiceImpl.java:79)
      at com.openexchange.authentication.database.impl.Data baseAuthentication.handleLoginInfo(DatabaseAuthent ication.java:101)
      ... 12 more
      Caused by: DBP-0002 Category=8 Message=Resolving database for context 1 and server -1 not possible! exceptionID=1793825937-10
      at com.openexchange.database.AssignmentStorage.loadAs signment(AssignmentStorage.java:161)
      at com.openexchange.database.AssignmentStorage.getAss ignment(AssignmentStorage.java:132)
      at com.openexchange.database.Database.get(Database.ja va:163)
      at com.openexchange.database.Database.get(Database.ja va:145)
      at com.openexchange.database.Database.get(Database.ja va:132)
      at com.openexchange.server.impl.DBPool.pickup(DBPool. java:68)
      at com.openexchange.groupware.contexts.impl.RdbContex tStorage.getMailadmin(RdbContextStorage.java:146)
      ... 21 more
      Last edited by Guest; 06-05-2009, 05:21 PM.

Comment

Hi,

yep - the configdb database contains a pointer to the groupware databases. You can check the settings for those databases by using listdatabase and changedatabase. Basically the configdb is used for looking up the "real" databases.

Greetings

Comment

Ok, but the settings in configdb are correct- where do I have to change the settings additionally?

Listdatabase:
          Fluor:/opt/open-xchange/sbin # ./listdatabase
          databases could not be listed:
          Server response:
          Authentication failed

Comment

Bumping this thread...

Comment

Hi,

what exactly have you done at this migration? The output of 'listdatabases' seems to be caused by missing -A oxadminmaster -P oxadminmaster_password lines, have you used a password for the oxadminmaster before (i hope so). In case that you've reinstalled the whole OX machine from scratch, you'll need to execute the "oxinstaller" script from the installation manual with your previous settings. This command will write all configuration to the settings you provide as parameters. Please check the command again after you've run the oxinstaller.

Greetings

Comment

Working...
              X