Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Post OX installation pointers

Hello there,

I have recently installed OX community edition in the testing enviroment. I have managed to get the webUI up and logged in sucessfully with users as described in the installation manual for debian 5.0. Only thing that bugs the hell out of me is that the mail module in the userUI has a little lock on it, but i believe that is because the mailing system setup is not working properly.

On to the core of my problem, i would really like to integrate OX with courier-imap, postfix and PAM, so i guess my question is would someone be kind enough to point me in the right direction (documentation with examples) on how to integrate above mentioned software to use OX database as the source of all knowledge ?

My current config for courier-imap (authmysqlrc) is:
    MYSQL_SERVER localhost
    MYSQL_USERNAME openexchange
    MYSQL_PASSWORD *******
    MYSQL_DATABASE oxdatabase_6
    MYSQL_USER_TABLE user
    MYSQL_CRYPT_PWFIELD userPassword
    MYSQL_LOGIN_FIELD imapLogin (i concluded that this is where the problem lies, im sure that the login needed for this directive is stored in "login2user" table and not in the table "user")
    MYSQL_HOME_FIELD homeDirectory
    MYSQL_UID_FIELD uidNumber
    MYSQL_GID_FIELD gidNumber
    Log excerpt:
    May 11 09:31:08 ox authdaemond: SQL query: SELECT imapLogin, userPassword, "", uidNumber, gidNumber, homeDirectory, "", "", "", "" FROM user WHERE imapLogin = 'test@******'
    May 11 09:31:08 ox authdaemond: zero rows returned
    May 11 09:31:08 ox authdaemond: no password available to compare
    May 11 09:31:08 ox authdaemond: authmysql: REJECT - try next module
    May 11 09:31:08 ox authdaemond: authpam: trying this module
    May 11 09:31:08 ox authdaemond: authpam: username 'test@******' not found in password file
    May 11 09:31:08 ox authdaemond: authpam: REJECT - try next module
    May 11 09:31:08 ox authdaemond: FAIL, all modules rejected
    This is definately not working.

For postfix and PAM setup i have used the examples as shown in the link below ( i know it is marked as discontinued but it has to have some valid pointers )

I will gladly provide more of my configuration details if this is insufficient.

Regards,
    Daniel

Alright, i have made some progress with the courier and i can successfully authenticate the user to the imap service (pebkac - misconfiguration of courier-imap.).

May 11 11:44:11 ox authdaemond: SQL query: SELECT imapLogin, userPassword, "", uidNumber, gidNumber, homeDirectory, "", "", "", "" FROM user WHERE imapLogin = 'test'
    May 11 11:44:11 ox authdaemond: password matches successfully
    May 11 11:44:11 ox authdaemond: authmysql: sysusername=<null>, sysuserid=65534, sysgroupid=65534, homedir=/home/test, address=test, fullname=<null>, maildir=<null>, quota=<null>, options=<null>
    May 11 11:44:11 ox authdaemond: authmysql: clearpasswd=<null>, passwd=qUId4s3SqVIhM
    May 11 11:44:11 ox authdaemond: Authenticated: sysusername=<null>, sysuserid=65534, sysgroupid=65534, homedir=/home/test, address=test, fullname=<null>, maildir=<null>, quota=<null>, options=<null>
    May 11 11:44:11 ox authdaemond: Authenticated: clearpasswd=******, passwd=qUId4s3SqVIhM
    Now i am stuck on another problem, is there a possibility to map OX created users to a specific uid or gid to avoid being mapped to nouser and nogroup (uid/gid 65534) ?

EDIT:
    There is another problem that i'm experiencing, newly created users when they log into their webUI, they have access to all modules except e-mail module which seems to be marked as locked, diplaying a little lock icon on it ? Can you please tell me how to remove the lock from the e-mail module ?

Regards,
    Daniel
    Last edited by Guest; 05-11-2009, 12:07 PM. Reason: Added a paragraph.

Comment

Hello there,

So many views but no answers, would someone be kind enough to provide me with at least a pointer where i could look to sort out the problem(s) that i am experiencing, more sepcifically SQL qeury patterns for libnss-mysql and virtual mapping for postfix aswell as why the context and users in the context are created with the uid/gid 65534 ?

I appologize for being abrasive but i would really like to migrate away from the zimbra collaboration as soon as possible.

Regards,
      Daniel
      Last edited by Guest; 05-12-2009, 09:40 AM.

Comment

All problems solved, nice software so far.

Comment

Hello there,

Is there a way to allow users to access "global address book" and add entries into it or is the GAB reserved only for admin added system contacts ?

Regards,
          Daniel
          Last edited by Guest; 05-12-2009, 02:49 PM.

Comment

Hi Daniel,

the global addressbook contains system users, the only way to add users to it, is to create a new groupware account. This can not be done by an usual groupware user. If you want to create a public available addressbook you could simply create a new contact folder below "Public Folders" and assign permissions to other users.

Greetings

Comment

Originally posted by Martin Braun View Post
              Hi Daniel,

the global addressbook contains system users, the only way to add users to it, is to create a new groupware account. This can not be done by an usual groupware user. If you want to create a public available addressbook you could simply create a new contact folder below "Public Folders" and assign permissions to other users.

Greetings
              Thanks Martin, that is exactly what i did and it's working perfectly.

Another question, is it possible to customize and extend/enrich the functionality of the OX components like "Tasks" for instance, and interconnect/integrate them with o3spaces and/or similar document management and/or ticketing systems using custom coded components ?

Regards,
              Daniel

Comment

Post OX installation pointers

Hi,

We are currently using Helm and Serv-U and we are unhappy with Serv-Us performance. Weve tested out Gene6 on our testing server and really like it. My question is if we purchase a Gene6 license and the installation service, will you be able to migrate us from Serv-U?

Thanks

Comment

Working...
                X