Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• /opt/open-xchange/sbin/initconfigdb

Hi all,

I have problem about installing Open-Xchange. I am following guide http://www.open-xchange.com/wiki/ind...de_for_CentOS5 for installing Open-change, i have problem with database Mysql. when I create the database /opt/open-xchange/sbin/initconfigdb --configdb-pass=12345 -a
    error occurred, although I grant permission for the user openxchange as follows >grant all privileges on *.* to 'openxchange'@'%' identified by '12345'.

# /opt/open-xchange/sbin/initconfigdb --configdb-pass=12345
    initializing configdb from scratch...ERROR 1045 (28000): Access denied for user 'openexchange'@'localhost' (using password: YES)
    ERROR

But when I do it with root account is OK (edit file / opt / open-xchange / sbin / initconfigdb
    CONFIGDB_USER = root)
    # / opt / open-xchange / sbin / initconfigdb - configdb-pass-a = 123.

Because security reasons I should not use the root account. I want to create a database with openxchange account. Can you help me?

Thanks you very much!

the initconfdb tool

Messi,

The initconfigdb tool works when root has no passwd. So if you (just for the time you are installing) remove the root passwd for Mysql, you should be fine.
    After finishing up the installation, you can put the password back on the root user for Mysql, because by then you will have your own openxchange user for your open-xchange databases (which will have been created by the initconfdb tool/script....
    It's not the greatest way to go, but it works....

grtz,

B.

Comment

How would you reset the password if you accidentally set it during install?

Comment

You can start initconfigdb with the parameter "-mysql-root-passwd="
        Viele Grüße
        Rene

JRE: openjdk-8-jre, Maria-DB, Apache 2.4, Dovecot
        OX-Server backend: OXSE latest
        OX-frontend: OX appsuite latest

Comment

Working...
        X