Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• encrypted emails

Hello,

I have a requirement to digitally sign and encrypt emails.

Normally, using Thunderbird or Outlook or similar, we would use certificates which allow for digitally signing emails and also encryption.

All the people colaborating on the project is not going to use Open-Xchange and therefore I need to implement some open / de facto standard like S/MIME which is supported by Thunderbird and Outlook. Some are external consultants using email out of our control. Everybody will either be using Open-Xchange, Thunderbird, Outlook or combinations thereof.

Is there a capability in Open-Xchange to do this? If so pointers towards it would be greatful. I found some threads discussing installing a S/MIME plugin for OX5 but nothing for OX6.

Thanks,

Albert

Hi Albert,

sadly there is no support for S/MIME or other encryption/signing methods built in OX6.

Greetings

Comment

Hi Martin,

Thanks for the information.

Is this something that Open-Xchange can look at in the future or is there a specific design decision taken to exclude this functionality?

Comment

Hello,

many thanks for your feature request. We have the requested enhancement on our roadmap and it is already in our feature planning tool. At the moment we are at the planning process for the next major releases. We will inform you, when the feature is available.

Comment

Working...
        X