Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IMAP not showing subfolders

dear community,

I have OX v 6.8.1-6811 installed and one User that cannot view subfolders of emails and gets the error showed in the attached screenshot.

I've read the article

where it is mentioned and

where the solution was to set "com.openexchange.imap.mboxEnabled=true" in /opt/open-xchange/etc/groupware/imap.properties
    but this didn't resolve my problem.

Where can I go for further information?

This error is only shown once in a Logfile where it says:
    Code:
    SCHWERWIEGEND: MSG-1023 Category=8 Message=Messaging error: Connection dropped by server? exceptionID=-784466123-1053
    MSG-1023 Category=8 Message=Messaging error: Connection dropped by server? exceptionID=-784466123-1053
            at com.openexchange.mail.mime.MIMEMailException.handleMessagingException(MIMEMailException.java:438)
            at com.openexchange.imap.IMAPAccess.connectInternal(IMAPAccess.java:318)
            at com.openexchange.mail.api.MailAccess.connect(MailAccess.java:302)
            at com.openexchange.mail.MailServletInterfaceImpl.initConnection(MailServletInterfaceImpl.java:843)
            at com.openexchange.mail.MailServletInterfaceImpl.getFolder(MailServletInterfaceImpl.java:441)
            at com.openexchange.ajax.Folder.actionGetFolder(Folder.java:1373)
            at com.openexchange.ajax.Folder.actionGetFolder(Folder.java:1322)
            at com.openexchange.ajax.request.FolderRequest.action(FolderRequest.java:90)
            at com.openexchange.ajax.Multiple.doAction(Multiple.java:394)
            at com.openexchange.ajax.Multiple.parseActionElement(Multiple.java:186)
            at com.openexchange.ajax.Multiple.doPut(Multiple.java:132)
            at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:619)
            at com.openexchange.ajax.AJAXServlet.service(AJAXServlet.java:380)
            at com.openexchange.ajax.SessionServlet.service(SessionServlet.java:149)
            at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:689)
            at com.openexchange.ajp13.najp.AJPv13RequestHandlerImpl.doServletService(AJPv13RequestHandlerImpl.java:429)
            at com.openexchange.ajp13.AJPv13Request.response(AJPv13Request.java:128)
            at com.openexchange.ajp13.najp.AJPv13RequestHandlerImpl.createResponse(AJPv13RequestHandlerImpl.java:282)
            at com.openexchange.ajp13.najp.AJPv13ConnectionImpl.createResponse(AJPv13ConnectionImpl.java:189)
            at com.openexchange.ajp13.najp.AJPv13Task.run(AJPv13Task.java:300)
            at java.util.concurrent.Executors$RunnableAdapter.call(Executors.java:417)
            at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask$Sync.innerRun(FutureTask.java:269)
            at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:123)
            at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.runTask(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:650)
            at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:675)
            at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:595)
    Thanks for any help
    Attached Files

Hi Sebastian,

this error is thrown by the IMAP Server as a response to a specific request. To see what request triggers this, we need the network capture of the login procedure up to the point where the error occurs. Please make sure to remove all credentials when posting or mailing it.
    What IMAP Server are you using?

Greetings

Comment

Hi Martin,

sorry for my late answer, we are using Courier imap-server.
      what is the best tool to get the network traffic with all the information you need?
      This installation is based on Debian Lenny-System.

Thanks

Comment

Hi,

i think ngrep is a great tool for this job. Also check if there are any error messages at the IMAP servers log file.

Greetings

Comment

Sorry, took me a while to get the user.

In imap-logs nothing is recognized while the error occurs

see the ngrep output in the attached logfile.

Thanks
          Attached Files

Comment

mhh, the relevant error is thrown by the mailserver when issuing the STATUS command, somebody already mentioned this error with courier and the legacy OX5:

Maybe this helps?

Comment

Working...
            X