No announcement yet.

ActiveSync Support

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We discussed this topic last week - looks like we agreed to something you will be happy about.

For now this is my personal opinion and not an official statement from us, so stay tuned.

Daniel

Comment

Great news! I'm waiting for the offical note

Comment

So, any news on this topic?

Comment

Originally posted by Daniel Halbe View Post
          We discussed this topic last week - looks like we agreed to something you will be happy about.

For now this is my personal opinion and not an official statement from us, so stay tuned.

Daniel
          No news ? It would be great...

Comment

Guess' you should contact them directly since not everyone is monitoring the forums.

Greetings

Comment

Won't there be an official statement on this?

Comment

Thats what I got as an answer:

Vielen Dank für Ihre Nachfrage. Es ist derzeit nicht geplant, den OXtender for Business Mobility für die Community Edition zur Verfügung zu stellen. Der OXtender for Business Mobility ist mit der Community Edition nicht kompatibel
                "Thank you for your request. Its currently not planned to provide the OXtender for Business Mobilty for the Communtiy Edition. The OXtender for Business Mobility is not compatible with the Community Edition."

Comment

Yeah, I got the same answer. Nothing about the agreement mentioned earlier.

Comment

No OXtender for Business Mobility for the Community Edition

It is not planned to offer the OXtender for Business Mobility for the Community Edition.

We cannot assure the required stability of this product without a supported Open-Xchange Server Edition in the backend.

So please plan to use Open-Xchange Server Edition, Hosting Edition or Appliance Edition when you want to use the OXtender for Business Mobility.
                    Last edited by Carsten Hoeger; 01-08-2010, 12:45 PM.

Comment

that's very disappointing! nowadays syncing to a mobile device isn't just business stuff anymore, everybody, even the "community" people want to keep their data in sync. nobody expected to get active sync for free, but it's very sad not to even have an option to purchase a small 3-5 user license for home (community) use.

Comment

We cannot assure the required stability of this product without a supported Open-Xchange Server Edition in the backend.
                        The stability requirements for a typical community setup (usualy family 3-5) is different from a huge installation (provider). So I dont see any issue here ...

Comment

Originally posted by Carsten Hoeger View Post
                          This sounds like sales/marketing Newspeak to me... On the other hand, typical license terms generally don't assure stability at all, even in "supported" environments...

Comment

Well I can't understand that decision, too.
                            Most people in here are admins I think. So we are used to get software/services up and running, and we are asking to pay for your Extender and you will get in exchange more reports and problems/stability and so son.
                            I would understand if you don't want to sell it to the real customer directly, but to somehow experienced people who are speficially asking for it?

Comment

So there's no chance for us to get the OX-Extender?

Comment

Just checking back to the forums since I am planing to use open-xchange for my personal needs ... and still searching for a solution to sync my calendar/contacts with my android phone ... but I guess I still have to wait for a solution (free or paid)

Comment

Working...
                                X